What's new

Pearl Flexi V6

I had my second shave with my new Pearl Flexi V6 today, and wow, what a shave. Im using the Wilkinson sword blades it came with. This razor is really nice and well put together. First time I set the adjustment at 4 for a few strokes then cranked it up to 6 and haven't looked back. The aggressiveness at 6 is about perfect for me. 3 passes and BBS for me, just the way I like it. Looking forward to trying out some of the other blades I picked up from tryablade.com

I have 2 of those, where or how do you identify the V ()?? Mine are at least a year apart, to the point that one is still packed
The version just relates to the date of production. There were some problems with the first few production runs, so vendors were quick to slap on V3, V4, V5, etc. so people would know they would get the latest and greatest model instead of the problematic older model. If one vendor is now selling V4, no other vendor is going to say they have V3, because it's older.

A few vendors started the whole V3-V100 and the others continue to use it. The issues came with the first release and everyone who had issues got his razor replaced and it's almost impossible to find one of those unless you buy it from someone. Everything after the second release or as people call it the V2 is much better and people rarely complain about issues. You really have nothing to worry about and even if you somehow manage to get one with issues, you can easily replace it with another one from your vendor like Maggards or if you buy it directly from Pearl Shaving, they will give you a new one. The way you can tell is by the serial number underneath the plate. Mine is from the second release and I doubt the new ones are any different.

A few vendors started the whole V3-V100 and the others continue to use it. The issues came with the first release and everyone who had issues got his razor replaced and it's almost impossible to find one of those unless you buy it from someone. Everything after the second release or as people call it the V2 is much better and people rarely complain about issues. You really have nothing to worry about and even if you somehow manage to get one with issues, you can easily replace it with another one from your vendor like Maggards or if you buy it directly from Pearl Shaving, they will give you a new one. The way you can tell is by the serial number underneath the plate. Mine is from the second release and I doubt the new ones are any different.
+1

I have known the vendor and engaged with him as well. V2 as mentioned was the biggest change made for the alignment issue along with the cap being more domed for a smoother shave. Post that change all runs may have minor incremental or negligible changes to be deciphered.

V1 have all been recalled from the retailers hence a v2, v4 ,v6 or v8 would be the same except manufacturing dates.

I've also requested to buy the later version but I've always been advised that the V2 I have is the same and nothing much has changed to purchase a new copy.

I am also told however to instead wait for variations which they are planning in the near future. Not sure what those are.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had my second shave with my new Pearl Flexi V6 today, and wow, what a shave. Im using the Wilkinson sword blades it came with. This razor is really nice and well put together. First time I set the adjustment at 4 for a few strokes then cranked it up to 6 and haven't looked back. The aggressiveness at 6 is about perfect for me. 3 passes and BBS for me, just the way I like it. Looking forward to trying out some of the other blades I picked up from tryablade.com
I had the same experience initially. Started at 4 and then went to 5, then 6 right away. But I just came back from a long road trip where I used the Flexi exclusively. I did a few shaves at some lower settings. Nothing below 4. But this razor allows setting it in between the numbers. So I got crazy and tried some fractions. It seems like 4 1/2 is a sweet spot for some reason. Regardless, the Flexi is a great razor. Great weight. And great shaves.

I may back it down to 5 and 1/2 or 5 and 3/4 just for kicks next time I shave. Im really curious to see how the nacet blades perform in it.

I have 2 of those, where or how do you identify the V ()?? Mine are at least a year apart, to the point that one is still packed
I bought mine from an overseas vendor on ebay. It stated in the description it was V6, so I just went with that. Others on here are much more knowledgeable then I am in this regard.

Received my new Flexi and have shaved twice. Once with a Nacet and once with a Bic. Amazing shaves however the lowest (1) setting is about as aggressive as a 5-6 on my super adjustable. I’m not used to that, like I will cut off face parts if not careful. Do you recommend a different blade or just more practice? By no means is it a comfy buffing device like my 109 or slim which I usually go with a 6,3,2. Beautiful razor nonetheless.

Received my new Flexi and have shaved twice. Once with a Nacet and once with a Bic. Amazing shaves however the lowest (1) setting is about as aggressive as a 5-6 on my super adjustable. I’m not used to that, like I will cut off face parts if not careful. Do you recommend a different blade or just more practice? By no means is it a comfy buffing device like my 109 or slim which I usually go with a 6,3,2. Beautiful razor nonetheless.

Nacet and BIC Chrome Platinum are my first and second favourite blades, but for some folks they might be a bit too sharp. Try something like Astra green and see how it goes. I like the Flexi a lot.

Shave is very similar. Pearl took maybe two different swipes in skinning their cat. It is a nice razor, somewhat heavier, some people say it glides a touch better than Rex. The Flexi is a nice matte satin that travels well over a trace of lather. I mirror-polished my Rex top cap, and I don't experience any suction effect, so, FWIW.

Hello.

Recently I noticed that when switching blades it would be set to 1, but the lowest I can get is between 1.5 and 2... The max still goes to 6, so it is not a mechanical rotation but a reduction of amplitude.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Top Bottom