What's new

Pearl Flexi V6

Hello.

Recently I noticed that when switching blades it would be set to 1, but the lowest I can get is between 1.5 and 2... The max still goes to 6, so it is not a mechanical rotation but a reduction of amplitude.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
A good cleaning. Gunk gets between the plates and interferes with adjustment.

I have a Fatboy, Slim, Black Beauty, Mingshi 2000s, 3000s, Yaqi TFC, Yintal Adjustable, and Merkur Progress. From what I gather, I don't "need" a Pearl Flexi. Can anyone confirm, or convince me otherwise?

:jump:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a Fatboy, Slim, Black Beauty, Mingshi 2000s, 3000s, Yaqi TFC, Yintal Adjustable, and Merkur Progress. From what I gather, I don't "need" a Pearl Flexi. Can anyone confirm, or convince me otherwise?

I think the Flexi works better than all of those razors, and the Rockwell 6s. Sold my Mergress when I got the Flexi. It's that good. My opinion. You may have varying results.

Of course you need it!
In all seriousness, the Flexi is fantastic. Incredibly well built, perfect alignment, shaves great, perfectly sized head for an adjustable, the adjustable mechanism works as it should, beautifully boxed, it includes the stand and the price can't be beat. It's easily worth double the price! My favorite razor thus far! I got lucky and picked up the latest version (V10) a few weeks ago. The store I bought it from (Murphy & McNeil) already ran out of them. Whenever they get more, I plan on buying a spare. I verified with the store owner that the V10 was part of the last batch that they built. (They build them in batches and they have serial numbers).

Of course you need it!
In all seriousness, the Flexi is fantastic. Incredibly well built, perfect alignment, shaves great, perfectly sized head for an adjustable, the adjustable mechanism works as it should, beautifully boxed, it includes the stand and the price can't be beat. It's easily worth double the price! My favorite razor thus far! I got lucky and picked up the latest version (V10) a few weeks ago. The store I bought it from (Murphy & McNeil) already ran out of them. Whenever they get more, I plan on buying a spare. I verified with the store owner that the V10 was part of the last batch that they built. (They build them in batches and they have serial numbers).
Thanks. I'm actually waiting on Fendrihan to get them back in stock, hopefully at the same price they have listed there now. I also have a $5 voucher from them I've been sitting on for about a year.

Maggard's has plenty in stock of V4. I've heard that from V2 onward all the issues were fixed, and that the version number just changes for each production run, as you said. I've also heard that some post V2 prod runs still had the tilted base-plate issue.

Thanks. I'm actually waiting on Fendrihan to get them back in stock, hopefully at the same price they have listed there now. I also have a $5 voucher from them I've been sitting on for about a year.

Maggard's has plenty in stock of V4. I've heard that from V2 onward all the issues were fixed, and that the version number just changes for each production run, as you said. I've also heard that some post V2 prod runs still had the tilted base-plate issue.
Maggard Razors has a code ( 10APRIL ) good for 10% Off from now until 3pm EDT April 27.

Should save you more than the $5 you’re holding out for. Ymmv

I'd wait on Fendrihan as well just because it will whatever the newest batch is. I'm sure the V4 is fine through Maggards but I'd hold off for the latest to come out. Latest version will guarantee zero issues!

Maggard Razors has a code ( 10APRIL ) good for 10% Off from now until 3pm EDT April 27.

Should save you more than the $5 you’re holding out for. Ymmv
Thanks. Anytime I search for Maggard's coupons I get ones that don't work. How did you find it?
Actually, fendrihan is $5 cheaper, plus my $5 voucher, so Maggard's would be $2 more, and both sites would have free shipping. I could always get something else at Maggard's.😀
I'd wait on Fendrihan as well just because it will whatever the newest batch is. I'm sure the V4 is fine through Maggards but I'd hold off for the latest to come out. Latest version will guarantee zero issues!

Yes, I might wait -- like I said some have complained about post v2 base-plate slant issues. Don't remember which specific version.

The early versions had problems while the current ones rarely have any issues, but even if you somehow end up getting a defective one, pretty much every seller will either send you a new one or just give you the money, so you have nothing to worry about. Besides, compared to many other razors on the market, the Pearl Flexi is on the inexpensive side, especially if you get one with а discount, so I really don't understand what's the issue here.

I have one and it's a really good razor and I like the way it shaves, but the handle is a bit too thick and short for me and overall, the razor is a bit heavy and clunky and I'm still not sure if I should keep it or just sell it. I will give it some time and perhaps at some point I might end up liking it a bit more.

The early versions had problems while the current ones rarely have any issues, but even if you somehow end up getting a defective one, pretty much every seller will either send you a new one or just give you the money, so you have nothing to worry about. Besides, compared to many other razors on the market, the Pearl Flexi is on the inexpensive side, especially if you get one with а discount, so I really don't understand what's the issue here.

I have one and it's a really good razor and I like the way it shaves, but the handle is a bit too thick and short for me and overall, the razor is a bit heavy and clunky and I'm still not sure if I should keep it or just sell it. I will give it some time and perhaps at some point I might end up liking it a bit more.
No issue, but if I can wait and save $2, I'd rather do that.😀

Thanks. Anytime I search for Maggard's coupons I get ones that don't work. How did you find it?
Actually, fendrihan is $5 cheaper, plus my $5 voucher, so Maggard's would be $2 more, and both sites would have free shipping. I could always get something else at Maggard's.😀

Yes, I might wait -- like I said some have complained about post v2 base-plate slant issues. Don't remember which specific version.
Someone had posted it on ar15.com in the shaving subforum

I am in the same boat. I was looking at a more contemporary adjustable DE but I am not sure what it would buy me. That being said, the new and improved Flexi sounds like a winner.

I am in the same boat. I was looking at a more contemporary adjustable DE but I am not sure what it would buy me. That being said, the new and improved Flexi sounds like a winner.
Sure, come on in. There's plenty of room in the boat.😀

Do you have as many modern adjustables as I have? I need another one like I need a hole in the head. But I love gadgets. Now I'm actually considering the Parker Variant, too, even though it is similar to the Progress I already have. Adjustables are just so cool.

Do you have as many modern adjustables as I have? I need another one like I need a hole in the head. But I love gadgets. Now I'm actually considering the Parker Variant, too, even though it is similar to the Progress I already have. Adjustables are just so cool.
Slim, Fatboy, and 6C (if you consider that one an adjustable). I am not thrilled with the Merkur adjustables, but this Perl Flexi, I don't know, might make it's way to my den.

[EDIT] I do LOVE the other Merkurs and the slant bar in particular.

I just sold my Variant! I didn't like it. The head was too big for my liking. It made trimming edges very difficult. And the whole razor felt unbalanced. If it wasn't for those two things, it would have been great. It's very well built. Bul like always YMMV!
I have a Merkur Futur on the way. We'll see how that one stands up against the Flexi!
Unfortunately my Rabbit hole seems to consist of razors. I've been at this for like 4 months and have tried a few soaps, blades, brushes etc.., but it seems like I can't get way from trying new razors, LOL!!

Couldn't find a search button on Discussion Forum Community Information And Statistics - AR15.COM - https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Shaving
Tried google search on the site with "Pearl": no results.
The coupon code was posted for maggards. Nothing specific to the razor. Sorry if I was unclear. I was responding to the question about where I found the code.

Top Bottom