What's new

Pasteur Pharmacy question

Headed to NYC tomorrow. Have been to the E. 34th Street location of Pasteur before. Anything to choose between that location and the one on Lex? Thanks!

Have a safe, fun trip. My son was in NYC for work for month recently and he picked up some goodies for me at 34th Street.

Go to 34th street. More products. More selection. Lex is nice for seeing an organized array of soaps but doesn't seem to have the variety that 34th St does.

Also, at 34th you're more likely to meet the proprietor, Leon, and he's a great guy and good resource. Maybe he'll offer you the 10% B&B discount he did to me!

Oh, and don't bring a big backpack or bulky bags... You won't fit in the aisle at the 34th store.

Go to 34th street. More products. More selection. Lex is nice for seeing an organized array of soaps but doesn't seem to have the variety that 34th St does.

Also, at 34th you're more likely to meet the proprietor, Leon, and he's a great guy and good resource. Maybe he'll offer you the 10% B&B discount he did to me!

Oh, and don't bring a big backpack or bulky bags... You won't fit in the aisle at the 34th store.

+1... I've been to the 34th location 3x but never ran into Leon. The first time I was there, there was a small section with clearance items where I got a few older Razorock for 50% which was nice. The selection is overwhelming so be prepared to look around (up, down, left, right) to find what you are looking for.

Just be careful that you don't get too carried away since you can easily blow $$$ without realizing it. Enjoy!

Side note: If you are a big fan of DR Harris and Geo F Trumper, then check out CO Bigelow brick and mortar. They have all their soaps, creams, AS, colognes laid out. I feel like their selection for these two brands are more extensive than Pasteur's.

I went for the first time a couple weeks ago to the 34th St. location. That place is intense. I ran into a couple of B&B folks there and we swapped what we liked and what works. I had to get the Floris #89, but the rest of my purchases were very affordable (probably about $60 worth of soaps, scents and brushes). Narrow aisles, but a wet shaving heaven.

I have been a patron of both the Lexington Avenue location and the East 34th Street location, and there is not much difference in products available in each place. Whichever location is more convenient to you should decide which you go to. As a native of Yorkville, which is on the Upper East Side, I have a soft spot for the Lexington location.

If you mention that you are a badger and blade member, they might give you a 10% discount at check out. I much prefer the 34th street store. Enjoy!

From my post of April 10th of this year: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/486975-Pasteur-s-Lex-NYC-w-Pics?p=8156618#post8156618

Seinfeld - Epsisode: "The Sponge"
Airdate: December 7, 1995
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697783/
Pasteur's is mentioned in the Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sponge

The outside of the store is shown at the 15 second mark:

This is the screencap of the 63rd store in the episode:

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom