What's new

Help me spend $$$$

I am headed to NYC tomorrow and during my time there, I thought I would stop in at Pasteur Shaving/Pharmacy.

What soap or cream am I missing from my rotation?

I like these and use them most often
I like this.jpg

These are not bad, I use them occasionally

Not Bad.jpg

Yuck! Don't like these at all!

dont like.jpg

I like lighter scents in the Summer, but as my window is telling me, Fall and Winter are fast approaching so more woodlands and deep outdoor scents are on the horizon

Thanks!

Tim

Youll get a number of ideas by browsing the "soap" and cream" forums here. Stirling makes a pretty good soap.

Aside from that, I'm curious to know how you like the Col. Conk shave cream. I haven't tried it and they make it not too far from where I live.

Youll get a number of ideas by browsing the "soap" and cream" forums here. Stirling makes a pretty good soap.

Aside from that, I'm curious to know how you like the Col. Conk shave cream. I haven't tried it and they make it not too far from where I live.
I like the scent of the Southwestern Sun. It is a nice light citrusy summer scent. I do have trouble getting a lasting lather out of it. Will have to keep trying!

I am sad to say I haven't tried any of the Stirling soaps at all.

Thanks!

I am headed to NYC tomorrow and during my time there, I thought I would stop in at Pasteur Shaving/Pharmacy.

View attachment 1721364

View attachment 1721370

View attachment 1721369

I like lighter scents in the Summer, but as my window is telling me, Fall and Winter are fast approaching so more woodlands and deep outdoor scents are on the horizon

Thanks!

Tim
I'd say try some Shannon's Soaps, especially one with the Chupacabra base. That stuff is so slick whiskers just slide off of the face. The Coconut Lime will have you singing that song and it is really refreshing. She offers it with and without menthol. For winter, the Balkan Blend is amazing.

View attachment 1721364

View attachment 1721370

View attachment 1721369

Thanks!

Tim
Your kindom of soaps and creams is a wasteland.

A sad spectacle indeed.

You are the Fisher King, and you are the heir of a blasted landscape. Barren and sad.

The real tragedy is that you have no arko!

Arko! is superb and cheap.

For your kingdom to regain its fertility you must buy a box of arko!

There is no alternative.

A sad spectacle indeed.

You are the Fisher King, and you are the heir of a blasted landscape. Barren and sad.

There is no alternative.
Alum, maybe you're demonstrating that drinking and posting to shave forums don't mix very well?

:a17:

A sad spectacle indeed.

There is no alternative.
I actually have some Arko I chopped up and put in a tin. Haven't used it lately. Clearly I am a lesser man!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I swear by the Stirling soap myself, amazing scents, amazing performance, and wide selection!

proxy.php

But if you truly want to go down the proverbial rabbit hole with shave soap, you could upgrade to first class, with Saponificio Varesino shave soaps. I only have the 1 soap so far, from the Opuntia collection. Scent is amazing, Creed Aventus clone, but not overpowered. Instead of Stirling which is a soft soap, SV makes triple milled hard soap, supreme quality, truly top of the line performance first class.

proxy.php
proxy.php

They have a thousand soaps. Give them a sniff and see what speaks to you.

My recommendation would be LeGrand Chypre by Barrister and Mann. Perfect for these months.

+1!! Just wander the aisles and HAVE FUN!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

(Your hard earned $$ will spend themselves!!)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
What about reformulations and updated classics like MWF and Tabac? Love the originals, but am curious to try the new incarnations after reading some of the favourable reviews here. Why not? You will be spending money after all.

Top Bottom