What's new

Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless

Last night, I had shave #58 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

For my shave soap, I used Haslinger Aloe Vera shaving soap and made a good, thick, and cushiony lather.

Prior to the shave, I splashed myself with warm water while brushing my teeth (including rinsing with mouthwash), used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush, and poured enough warm water into my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl to wet the top of my Haslinger soap puck, which I placed upside down in the bowl.

After the water in the lather bowl turned filmy, I squeezed my brush to remove some water from it, then dumped the filmy bloom water into an empty cup. Next, I picked up the soap puck with my left hand and swirled my brush across its top (for a minute) with my right hand. I then scooped all the protolather I could manage into my lather bowl before rubbing the excess protolather on my face and subsequently washing whatever remained off my hands.

I gradually added some of the soapy bloom water to the protolather in the lather bowl while stirring with my brush. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble spots. Unfortunately, on my second pass, I wound up nicking a small pimple I hadn't noticed.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block and felt no sting except for the nicked pimple. I then cleaned my shaving gear before taking a warm shower, which washed off the alum.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (La Toja Locion) and aftershave balm (La Toja After Shave Balsamo). I didn't feel any sting from the the splash.

With the exception of nicking the pimple, this was another darn near perfect shave. But given I did nick the pimple, I would have to give this shave a score of a 99/100.

F1A99AF5-895E-47F6-BD84-F4E394B69710.jpeg

The latest experience with my tuck is blade #4 in a Fatip OCS (7 shaves) followed by my new Leaf Twig-Thorn (half blade, shaves 8 and 9). That half really ran out of steam. Shave 8 yesterday was BBS- and very smooth. But shave 9 this morning ended up DFS- although still very smooth. The Thorn seems to have smoothness going for it. Shaves 7, 8, and 9 were all slow and got slower and slower, with multiple strokes needed just about everywhere in shave 9. I decided not to try shave 10 with that half blade, and it went into the medicine cabinet slot.

Tomorrow will be shave 8 with the other half blade. I’m thinking 8 and 9 again, but I’ll see if that half has more legs.

Last night, I had shave #59 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

For my shave soap, I used Haslinger Aloe Vera shaving soap and made a good, thick, and cushiony lather.

Prior to the shave, I splashed myself with warm water while brushing my teeth (including rinsing with mouthwash), used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush, and poured enough warm water into my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl to wet the top of my Haslinger soap puck, which I placed upside down in the bowl.

After the water in the lather bowl turned filmy, I squeezed my brush to remove some water from it, then dumped the filmy bloom water into an empty cup. Next, I picked up the soap puck with my left hand and swirled my brush across its top (for a minute) with my right hand. I then scooped all the protolather I could manage into my lather bowl before rubbing the excess protolther on my face and subsequently washing whatever remained off my hands.

I gradually added some of the soapy bloom water to the protolather in the lather bowl while stirring with my brush When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble spots.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block and felt no sting. I then cleaned my shaving gear before taking a warm shower, which washed off the alum.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (Stirling Spice Aftershave Splash) and aftershave balm (Stirling Spice Postshave Balm). I didn't feel any sting from the the splash.

This was another pretty perfect shave. As @JAHE recently advised, I will give this shave a score of a 100/100. It was irritation free, it was a BBS, and it was both absolutely comfortable and enjoyable.

I'm looking to sending out the old year with shave #60 with this blade on Friday night! 🙂

0972CCB5-A48A-40EC-9C25-B41EDC1571AF.jpeg

Last night, I had shave #59 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

After the water in the lather bowl turned filmy, I squeezed my brush to remove some water from it, then dumped the filmy bloom water into an empty cup. Next, I picked up the soap puck with my left hand and swirled my brush across its top (for a minute) with my right hand. I then scooped all the protolather I could manage into my lather bowl before rubbing the excess protolther on my face and subsequently washing whatever remained off my hands.

I gradually added some of the soapy bloom water to the protolather in the lather bowl while stirring with my brush When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block and felt no sting. I then cleaned my shaving gear before taking a warm shower, which washed off the alum.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (Stirling Spice Aftershave Splash) and aftershave balm (Stirling Spice Postshave Balm). I didn't feel any sting from the the splash.

This was another pretty perfect shave. As @JAHE recently advised, I will give this shave a score of a 100/100. It was irritation free, it was a BBS, and it was both absolutely comfortable and enjoyable.

I'm looking to sending out the old year with shave #60 with this blade on Friday night! 🙂

View attachment 1385916
That's amazing!

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

The latest experience with my tuck is blade #4 in a Fatip OCS (7 shaves) followed by my new Leaf Twig-Thorn (half blade, shaves 8 and 9). That half really ran out of steam. Shave 8 yesterday was BBS- and very smooth. But shave 9 this morning ended up DFS- although still very smooth. The Thorn seems to have smoothness going for it. Shaves 7, 8, and 9 were all slow and got slower and slower, with multiple strokes needed just about everywhere in shave 9. I decided not to try shave 10 with that half blade, and it went into the medicine cabinet slot.

Tomorrow will be shave 8 with the other half blade. I’m thinking 8 and 9 again, but I’ll see if that half has more legs.
Follow-up: I used the other half blade in the Thorn razor this morning. Result was a solid BBS- shave with no nicks or irritation but, as with the other half blade, slow with multiple strokes needed. I decided not to try a 9th shave with that half blade. So it has joined its twin behind the medicine cabinet.

One Polsilver from the PIF tuck is left. Results with the first four have been consistent—smooth but not very efficient shaves and only average longevity.

I’ll try the last one in a couple of weeks, probably in my Gillette RFB. With most blades, it’s pretty efficient but requires attention to avoid bloodshed.

Last night, I had shave #60 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (La Toja After Shave Locion) and aftershave balm (La Toja After Shave Balsalmo). I didn't feel any sting from the the splash.

This was another pretty perfect shave; I will give this shave a score of a 100/100.

I have little doubt I can get many more shaves out of this blade, but I'm tempted to bin it in order to try out some new blades. At the same time, there's a part of me that wants to push this blade to 100+ shaves. What to do? 😵‍💫

08DCD0D0-2095-46D6-BE8C-0C99A1379209.jpeg

Last edited:
This was another pretty perfect shave; I will give this shave a score of a 100/100.

I have little doubt I can get many more shaves out of this blade, but I'm tempted to bin it in order to try out some new blades. At the same time, there's a part of me that wants to push this blade to 100+ shaves. What to do? 😵‍💫
On one hand, you're in excalibur territory receiving some excellent shaves!! You've got the magic flowing!!

On the other hand, blades, blades, blades!!

Um, I guess I wasn't much help.

I took @Demolition and @Space_Cadet's advice and decided to shoot for the Excalibur Club. This means I had shave #s 61 and 62 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

For my shave soap, I used Haslinger Aloe Vera shaving soap and made the usual slick, thick, and cushiony lather.

Prior to the shave, while I brushed my teeth and showered, I used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush, and poured enough warm water into my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl to wet the top of my Haslinger soap puck, which I placed upside down in the bowl.

After the water in the lather bowl turned filmy, I squeezed my brush to remove some water from it, then dumped the filmy bloom water into an empty cup. Next, I picked up the soap puck with my left hand and swirled my brush across its top (for a minute) with my right hand. I then scooped all the protolather I could manage into my lather bowl before rubbing the excess protolather on my face and subsequently washing whatever remained off my hands.

I gradually added some of the soapy bloom water to the protolather in my lather bowl while stirring with my brush. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I cleaned up each shave with my usual alum block and felt no sting. After the alum dried, I rinsed it off with warm water and then dried my face with a towel.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (La Toja After Shave Locion) and aftershave balm (La Toja After Shave Balsalmo). I didn't feel any sting from the splash.

These proved to be two more pretty perfect shaves. Again, per the sage advice I received before, I will give each of these shaves a score of a 100/100.

53672E4B-61F4-490B-B8C3-02AB1EEBCA59.jpeg

I took @Demolition and @Space_Cadet's advice and decided to shoot for the Excalibur Club. This means I had shave #s 61 and 62 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

For my shave soap, I used Haslinger Aloe Vera shaving soap and made the usual slick, thick, and cushiony lather.

Prior to the shave, while I brushed my teeth and showered, I used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush, and poured enough warm water into my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl to wet the top of my Haslinger soap puck, which I placed upside down in the bowl.

I gradually added some of the soapy bloom water to the protolather in my lather bowl while stirring with my brush. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I cleaned up each shave with my usual alum block and felt no sting. After the alum dried, I rinsed it off with warm water and then dried my face with a towel.

Finishing up the shave, I applied some aftershave splash (La Toja After Shave Locion) and aftershave balm (La Toja After Shave Balsalmo). I didn't feel any sting from the splash.

These proved to be two more pretty perfect shaves. Again, per the sage advice I received before, I will give each of these shaves a score of a 100/100.

View attachment 1390776
Awsome! We'll keep watching... go for the
Happy Blake Griffin GIF by Red Bull

Blade 6 😉 - shave 1

I'm just stopping by to confirm how excellent this blade feels on the skin when paired with the R41. She doesn't tend to disappoint my high expectations. Not at all.
20220111_093500-01-01-01.jpeg

What areat blade she is ... oh yeah! :001_wub:

20220114_102728-01.jpeg

Blade 6 - shave 2

Due to the substantial blade gap/exposure of the Karve G-plate I focused on a light touch, slowed down and literally applied zero pressure.

The sharp yet super smooth Polsilver Stainless amplified the shaving comfort, it such a great blade for my face (#broken record, I know...).
I was rewarded with a perfect shave. 2 passes, no touch-ups, no pink lather - not even a hint of a tiny nick. It's been my best shave with this plate thus far.

This blade never ever fails to meet my expectations. It's soooo damn good.

The weekend's coming - hang in there!

THE UNOBTAINIUM BLADE Returns - The Polsilver Super Stainless

Produced by Wizamet in the Lodz factory in Poland, This Blade may well be THE GRAIL of Double Edge Razor Blades. A very, worthy Blade that is held in high esteem and had become unobtainium...until this brief moment...hopes and dreams really do come true!! Do Not Miss Out, This Will Be Epic!!

@Space_Cadet has very generously provided 300 Polish-made Polsilver Super Stainless Blades for as many B&B'ers as possible to try these blades!! Those who sign up for this Participation PIF will receive 5 Polish-made Polsilver Super Stainless Blades!! Working the math, that's a whopping...whopping...60 Participants (59 and yours truly)!!

Here are The Rules:
  • Have at lease 10 quality posts (if you don't have 10, get posting!! Participation in other discussions is highly encouraged!!)
  • Declare "I'm In!!"
  • Be willing to post about your setup and experience with these heretofore unobtainium Polish-made Polsilver Super Stainless Blades
  • Once the 59 slots have been claimed, the PIF Phase will close (but honestly, that's a lot of slots; don't be bashful, claim yours)
  • Have outrageous Fun with this Participation PIF
Special Note #1 - The Participation Phase will NOT begin until after Shark Week, July 11th - 18th. I'm participating in Shark Week and do not want to conflict with a Great Shark Week of Shaving...according to @BigJ, There Will Be Blood In The Water!!

Special Note #2 - Anyone NOT REQUESTING THE PIF because you already have these blades in your den: please feel free to join in the Participation anyway. Now is a great time to dig them out and join the discussion!!

Special Note #3 - Those participating in the 2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek, The Revised Rules allow you to receive up to 3 blades, and I'm honoring The Revised Rules so you can stay in the Purchase Sabbatical AND Participate in this Participation PIF!!

IMPORTANT: Once you've declared "I'm In!", please send me a PM with your complete mailing address as it should appear on a 1st Class Envelope (I'm in the US, so if you're international, YES international B&B'ers are included, please include your Country with your mailing address).
Are any of these still available?

I had shave #s 63, 64, 65, and 66 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with my gold Fatip OC Grande.

For my shave soap, I used Stubble Buster Moxie shaving soap and made a good, thick, and cushiony lather.

Prior to each shave, while I brushed my teeth, I used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush, and poured enough warm water into my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl to wet the almond-sized piece of shaving soap that I had carved out of the tub and placed in my lather bowl.

After the water in the lather bowl turned filmy, I squeezed my brush to remove the excess water from it, then dumped the filmy bloom water into an empty cup. Next, I agitated my brush in my lather bowl, creating a thick protolather to which I gradually added some of the bloom water.

When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy bloom water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

For each shave, I did my usual two passes (WTG and ATG) and buffed my trouble spots.

I cleaned up each shave with my usual alum block, feeling little to no sting. I then cleaned my shaving gear before taking a warm shower, which washed off the alum.

Finishing up each shave, I applied some aftershave splash (Stirling Spice) and aftershave balm (Stirling Spice). Again, I didn't feel any sting from the the splash at any time.

These proved to be four more pretty darn perfect shaves. That said, with my last shave, I felt the blade just a tiny bit more than before. It's not really a problem (yet). For all I know, it could've been a blade alignment issue. Still, with the exception of the last shave, which I'll score a 99.5/100, these past shaves each earned a score of 100/100.

BC5AB3B9-80EC-435C-A95D-30159FB67E6A.jpeg

Blade 6 - Shave 4
20220124_125231-01.jpeg

I start out this week's log with an effortless & easy two pass shave with a lovely smooth razor/blade combo (free of nicks, almost bbs all over. I chose a steep angle and focused the audible feedback the razor provided. The .95 Lupo paired with the Polsilver really did an amazing job on my skin.

Happy shaves!

Top Bottom