What's new

Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless

First shave with the 5th and last of the Polsilvers from RBI’s PIF this morning. Razor was my Leaf Twig-Thorn. So a half blade. Soap was Stirling Varen.

Results were consistent with prior experience from these blades. Pleasant and smooth but not particularly close shave. Second shave and a couple after that should be closer. We’ll see.

Blade 6 - shave 6
20220228_110858-01.jpg

Another great shave with the Henson Ti22 ++. Today, I paired the razor with the vintage Polsilver Stainless, it's been the sixth use of this stunning blade. 2 passes, an uber smooth shave - and an effortless BBS.

Have a great day, y'all!

I have reached 90 shaves with blade #2! This past month, I used TOBS Lemon Lime shaving cream and both my gold Fatip Grande as well as a new nickel Fatip Grande. There's a minor difference in how they shave (the nickel shaves even more smoothly than the gold) but both provide me with irritation-free BBS shaves.

I expect to reach shave 100 by the end of April (if not before then). I plan to use only either Mitchell's Wool Fat or Haslinger Schafmilch for my shaves this month. I've never used either before so this will be interesting! 🙂

I surpassed 100 shaves with blade #2! I actually reached #100 last month and the blade is still going strong.

Last month, I used Mitchell's Wool Fat and my nickel Fatip Grande.
MWF was slick, but not really cushioning. The shaves I got weren't quite as comfortable as those I got in the past with other soaps and creams. Still, the blade continued to perform well and I managed to get BBS shaves with little irritation.

That said, I switched to Captain's Choice Land Ho Shave Cream for my last shave. The shave was fantastic. The lather was just as slick as MWF, but felt more cushiony and protective. I finished off my shave with the matching splash and balm, which made my face feel fantastic!

In short, after over 100 shaves, blade #2 is still providing me with top notch shaves. I'm starting to understand why Polsilver went out of business! 😉

I surpassed 100 shaves with blade #2! I actually reached #100 last month and the blade is still going strong.

Last month, I used Mitchell's Wool Fat and my nickel Fatip Grande.
MWF was slick, but not really cushioning. The shaves I got weren't quite as comfortable as those I got in the past with other soaps and creams. Still, the blade continued to perform well and I managed to get BBS shaves with little irritation.

That said, I switched to Captain's Choice Land Ho Shave Cream for my last shave. The shave was fantastic. The lather was just as slick as MWF, but felt more cushiony and protective. I finished off my shave with the matching splash and balm, which made my face feel fantastic!

In short, after over 100 shaves, blade #2 is still providing me with top notch shaves. I'm starting to understand why Polsilver went out of business! 😉
That's plain and simple awesome!
Congrats!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
This blade is nothing but amazing...
View attachment 1474630
I just discoverd Shaving.ie has a couple of tucks left in stock. The price is steep but imo this blade is worth every penny...

Enjoy your Sunday,y'all!
Yeah got a tuck this year from them but at the rate I get through blades I have no Idea when I may get to try it

View attachment 1474630
I just discoverd Shaving.ie has a couple of tucks left in stock. The price is steep but imo this blade is worth every penny...

Enjoy your Sunday,y'all!
Those aren't going to last long again! I added 10 to my cart successfully, same price to the US as Kais. :wink2:

Go get em' boys!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

Enjoy your Sunday,y'all!
I bought a big stash of those from shaving.ie years ago. I think it was about $40 usd shipped at that time for 100 or 120 blades. It was a while ago. It took me a long time to figure out what to do with them. I was quite disappointed at first. Then I figured out how great these blades go with super aggressive razors. Smooths them right out. Now I like them. 😎

I bought a big stash of those from shaving.ie years ago. I think it was about $40 usd shipped at that time for 100 or 120 blades. It was a while ago. It took me a long time to figure out what to do with them. I was quite disappointed at first. Then I figured out how great these blades go with super aggressive razors. Smooths them right out. Now I like them. 😎
I used one in a Fatip Grande and it was fantastic! The blade wound up becoming an Excalibur Club blade for me. 🙂

Top Bottom