Tatra Blade 1 # Shave 6
Cream
SuperMax Menthol
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Fatboy
Post & Aftershave
Thayers Lemon
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Shave with FB with blade combo at max setting 9 was very comfortable and smooth with 3 multiple passes. Went for another pass under jawline & neck just because it felt so good & comfy...and being greedy, caught some weepers...hahahaha..after 12 shaves using these Czezh blades finally some weepers. Between BBS to DFS result. Points drop but not sure if razor or blade...will try again with same blade tomorrow and will see...
Tatra Platinum Blade 1
Shave#1: 9.5
Shave#2: 9.5
Shave#3: 9.7
Shave#4: 9.7
Shave#5: 9.5
Shave#6: 8.5
Tiger Platinum Blade 1(on hold)
Shave#1: 9.7
Shave#3: 9
Shave#4: 9.5
Shave#6: 9.7

Tiger blade 2, shave 3

Merkur Futur set to 6
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Klar Kabinett
CC Venture

Got a near BBS today. This blade was tugging and scraping on the last shave. I think it was because it was in a PAA Alpha Ecliptic. I had no such problem today. The blade glided through my whiskers with ease. I give this DFS+ a 9.

Tiger #2 shave #3
Razor: Mingshi 2000s
Soap: Stirling Satsuma
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze

Left blade in Mingshi must not have dried it out enough because there was a small rust spot on the blade this usually is not a problem for me for most blades and all my other previous czechs so idk if was the razor, or just a little extra water. Felt definite tugging on wtg pass, xtg and atg wasn't as as bad, but not great so this this blade is done.

First shave with Tatra Platinum Blade #2

June 14
: I purchased a 100-pack of Tatra Platinum blades ($6.99 introductory price from Italian Barber, June 5-6) due to the excellent performance that I received from the Tatras generously provided by @Grundi for the Participation PIF. This blade is from the new pack:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Still using the Maggard V3 to maintain consistency for testing.

The newly-purchased Tatras look exactly like those from the PIF, from the packaging to the laser etching on the blades to the four large wax blobs affixing them to the wax paper wrapper. However, the question is whether or not they would perform like the Tatras from the PIF...

The answer is an emphatic "Yes"!

My first shave with this blade was excellent. All three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) were extremely smooth, comfortable, and trouble-free. There was no roughness at any point in my shave. After rinsing my face, I checked for stubble and was pleased to find that I had received a near-BBS shave. There is no post-shave irritation, at all.

Now that their quality has been affirmed, I consider Tatras to be my #1 blade going forward.

Yesterday, I was remiss in not thanking @Space_Cadet for supplying the blades used in this Participation PIF. As many of us have experienced, his generosity and willingness to share has benefitted us all. Sir, you have my apologies and my thanks!

Second shave with Tatra Platinum Blade #2

June 15
: More of the same. (Getting bored of me extolling the virtues of the Tatra? Then, stop reading now! Everybody else, read on... :biggrin1:)

The Tatra blade, paired with my wonky Maggard V3 and RazoRock Green Label soap, delivered a shave that can only be described as sublime. Yet another close, comfortable shave with no irritation. No ASB required for the second day in a row.

Like my previous outings with the Tatras, I felt like I was shaving on "Automatic". It's refreshing to shave without having to watch every stroke like I did with the Tiger blades.

Tatra Blade 1 # Shave 7
Cream
MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush New Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Shave with razor & blade combo was still good. No issues at all. Smooth and comfortable. Sharpness can feel abit lessen but still comfortable. Compare to previous shave it is the problem of razor/blade combo. 3+1 multiple passes. Very nice and comfy with GC.84 & Tatra combo. Somehow the razor able to clamp down and hold the blade more rigidly. Quite evidence efficiency has dropped in this 7th use but still comfortable and smooth..
Tatra Platinum Blade 1
Shave#7: 9.3
Tiger Platinum Blade 1(on hold)
20200615_074846.jpg

First shave with Tatra Platinum Blade #2

June 14
: I purchased a 100-pack of Tatra Platinum blades ($6.99 introductory price from Italian Barber, June 5-6) due to the excellent performance that I received from the Tatras generously provided by @Grundi for the Participation PIF. This blade is from the new pack:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Still using the Maggard V3 to maintain consistency for testing.

The newly-purchased Tatras look exactly like those from the PIF, from the packaging to the laser etching on the blades to the four large wax blobs affixing them to the wax paper wrapper. However, the question is whether or not they would perform like the Tatras from the PIF...

The answer is an emphatic "Yes"!

My first shave with this blade was excellent. All three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) were extremely smooth, comfortable, and trouble-free. There was no roughness at any point in my shave. After rinsing my face, I checked for stubble and was pleased to find that I had received a near-BBS shave. There is no post-shave irritation, at all.

Now that their quality has been affirmed, I consider Tatras to be my #1 blade going forward.
Well done to you!!
I did put it in the cart too at IB including for the Tiger Platinum but unfortunately, the shipping is just too much to my country and does not justify me pulling the trigger.
I agree with you regarding the blade quality. Truly a smooth, comfortable, and sharp blade.

Tiger Blade 1 # Shave 7
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RR German 37 Slant
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Clubman WhiskyWood
Shave with razor paired with blade was excellent! So smooth and so comfortable. Eventhough can feel the sharpness is less, the shave was very pleasant. 3+1 multiple passes with no weepers nor irritation and resulted in a very close shave even at trouble area. BBS with rating 9.8/10. Feels so good!
Tatra Platinum Blade 1
Shave#7: 9.3 last!
Tiger Platinum Blade 1
Shave#7: 9.5 last!
That's it for both blades. Final verdict is both is very similar and both just as good. Tried both on a few razors and all felt good.
Much thanks to @Grundi & @Space_Cadet for the chance to try these wonderful blades. For me these blades are proven to be good. Smooth, sharp and comfortable. I will be looking out to buy some.
20200616_075127.jpg

Sorry, got busy for a few days, so this post is little late...

Shave #3 with the Tiger Blade

Razor:
Karve Open Comb B plate
Brush: PC Woodcraft 24mm Silvertip Badger
Pre Shave: Proraso Green pre-shave
Soap: Proraso Green Cream

Typical 2 days growth for this shave. Showered and washed my face prior to shaving.

Ratings:
  • Smooth: 6/10
  • Sharp: 5.5/10
Results: Not a bad shave, but sharpness had a big drop, especially against the grain. Lots of tugging on that pass, and a bit of roughness left behind after 3 passes and some touch up. Didn't want to push it with the buffing, so just left it at that.

After 3 shaves with each of the Czech blades, I have to give it to the Tatra by a bit. A little sharper, although from what I saw, they were each very close on how smooth they felt. I'd put these as solid mid-tier blades, good value for the price.

Tiger blade 3 shave #1
Razor: Fatip Grande OC

Felt fairly smooth and sharp 3 passes was a nice dfs. I was slightly hesitant to put tiger in fatip, but this ended up being probably best shave I've had with the tigers thus far.

Here is a weird post, sorry.

Shaved my face w a Merkur Progress #5 blade was Utsa#2

Was later brushing my teeth and saw a mediocre shave on my cheeks.

Used nonlathering Trader Joes Mango-Honey cream, the saver razor was RR Lupo loaded w Tiger#4-5 use.

Did one pass against the grade, BBS cheeks as I like....then was cleaning the razor and the blade fell, I grabbed it and got a 1.5cm deep cut in my middle finger. Since I take ASA, this was a bloody mess.... put it under running water while I got syptic pen, put a lot of pressure. Bleeding slowed. Then I used cotton w peroxide, lots of pressure.... It finally subsided. Antibiotic ointment and bandaid..... I looked for skin glue that I have somewhere and couldn't find it.

Well here I am, not sleeping, good Tiger shave, and a deep finger cut.....3am now....

Maybe at 6 I will have to go in to Dr. and get it checked.....TD shot.... but living in an endemic Covid area....I am reluctant....

My message: do NOT leave your routine....or if you don't have one.....get one.... step by step (that is what I do...except today).

BTW ordered Tatra from Amazon....waiting for them....

Tiger blade 3 shave #2
Razor: Fatip Grande OC

Yesterdays shave Nice very close shave felt a little tugging on atg pass in couple spots so blade might be wearing a little bit. Find it hard to get directly under the nose with the fatip.

Second Tiger blade, 5 more shaves on Muhle R89 and proraso White. This blade shaves me very well, and works very well with my skin/setup. Gives me close shaves, in perfect comfort. I'm generally ok with WTG/xTG.

I have no complaints on this blade, and the reults with the second were perfectly consistent with the results I had with the first one. I could use it on daily basis with no issues.

Kit: Fatip Piccolo SE , Tatra (6) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

A good enough shave today but not DFS. The blade has reached the end of the road - more pressure is needed to get good clearance with resulting irritation, so no point flogging a dead horse. It partners very well with the Piccolo and is dependable, which means that I’ll always have it in my blade collection. Next I’ll try a Tiger again.

Kit: Fatip Piccolo SE , Tiger Platinum (1) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

A good solid DFS on shave one with this particular blade. I’m very pleased with that. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom