What's new

Mail call: Indian and international blades

indian_blades.jpg

The above blades are some of the more popular blades available in India. It's missing Glätz and Laser Ultra which I intend to get sometime later.

internation_blades.jpg

The above are some international blades some of which are available in India but quite expensive (Feather obviously). Dorco Klass is more reasonably priced here.

Excited to try out all these blades over the course of months ☺️

If you have experience with some of these, I'd love to hear them!

Peace x3 🙏

If you have experience with some of these, I'd love to hear them!

Peace x3 🙏

You have a bunch of blades I want to try, most notably the Willy's. I'm also a fan of many Super-Max blades and am sad they aren't around any more.

These are links to a couple of my blade testing notes:

Shark Super Chrome: Balin's Blade Bonanza - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/balins-blade-bonanza.649926/post-12627705

Dorco ST300: The 2024: 1-Blade, 1-Week, *Daily Shaving Adventure - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-2024-1-blade-1-week-daily-shaving-adventure.647586/post-12537264

I am not able to find reliable info on the Dorco Klass. In some places I read they are rebranded Titans but I'm not sure. If anyone knows if these are identical to Dorco Titans (which again seem to be in 2 different packaging) it would be helpful.

The ones I'm familiar with: Feather, 7o'clock Super Platinum, Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack, Bic Chrome Platinum and Voskhod.

Feathers are sharpest but start to lose sharpness quickly after the first shave, I get 3-5 good shaves but most people say 2
7 o'clock Super Platinum are very sharp and smooth and stay sharp for many shaves
Wilkinson Sword (India) -- First shave is nice and they are cheap enough to toss after one shaves
Bic CP -- these are hit and miss (poor QC? dunno). When they are good they are amazing and last for many shaves
Voskhod -- the ones I've had are not very sharp - many people love them, so maybe I've got a bad batch.

People say the Wilkinson Sword from India are not sharp and the ones from China are very sharp. My understanding is that was true years ago (India didn't have their production up to quality yet) but the current ones I've gotten from India are very sharp on first shave. I get 2-3 good shaves -- other people shave once and toss them.

If you're in India and can get them at good pricing, I'd choose the 7 o'clock Super Platinum. They are very expensive here where I live - otherwise they would be my top choice.

Wow, that is a lot of different Indian blades! Just for fun, are the adresses of the factories written on the tucks of the Indian blades? How many factories were involved in making all of these blades?

Yes, the addresses are written on the tucks. However, I don't think all of them are the addresses of the factories. Gillette, for instance, mentions "P&G Plaza" and seems unlikely this is a factory. It is probably (one of?) their head-quarters address in India. The others could be the actual factory address. Here are the addresses:

RK Chromium
RK Stainless
RK Ultra-Man

Tigaksha Metallics Pvt. Ltd.​
Plot No. 16, Ram Nagar Indi. Area Gagret,​
Tehsil Amb, Dist. Una 177 201,​
Himachal Pradesh, India.​
Topaz Platinum
Pro 500

Laser Shaving (India) Pvt. Ltd.​
30, Narsapur Road,​
Hyderabad 500 037,​
Telangana, India.​

Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Gillette 7o'clock Permasharp Stainless
Gillette Winner (Black)
Gillette 7o'clock Super Platinum

Gillette India Limited​
P&G Plaza, Cardinal Gracias Road,​
Chakala Andheri (E), Mumbai 400099​
Maharashtra, India.​

V12
Statum
Kingston

GreatWhite Global Pvt. Ltd.​
Laksar Road, Village Padartha,​
Dist. Haridwar 249 404,​
Uttarakhand, India​

Silvermax "Cryo" Sputtered Platinum
Vertice Global India Pvt. Ltd.
Survey No 239, Keshavaram (V),
Medchal-Malkajgiri Dist., Hyderabad 500 101,
Telangana, India.

Zircon Platinum Edge
Willy's

Zircon Global Manufacturing (LLP)
Phase II, Lane No. 15, Sidco Ind Complex,
Bari Brahmana,
Jammu (J&K) 181 133.

People say the Wilkinson Sword from India are not sharp and the ones from China are very sharp. My understanding is that was true years ago (India didn't have their production up to quality yet) but the current ones I've gotten from India are very sharp on first shave. I get 2-3 good shaves -- other people shave once and toss them.

I quite like the India GWS, haven't tried the Chinese ones. I find them less sharp than the Indian Permasharp Stainless (Green) and smoother as well. I have to toss them after 2 shaves at most, otherwise they seem to start tugging on the third.

You have some really good blades in there. The 7OC Blacks are a personal favorite of mine.

I've read from numerous sources, the 7OC blacks being held in high regard. I'm excited to try them out soon. I've seen them packaged as part of the Gillette 7o'clock Platinum Razor in many local shops but finding individual tucks is a bit harder (they're available online readily in higher numbers e.g. 100 blades but not so easy to get 10 blades).

You have a bunch of blades I want to try, most notably the Willy's. I'm also a fan of many Super-Max blades and am sad they aren't around any more.

These are links to a couple of my blade testing notes:

I think there are a few more types of Super-Max blades available here. Thanks for the testing notes, will take a look sometime!

Peace x3 🙏

I would also put the 7 o'clock black in my top blades, if they weren't so expensive.

Interesting. Domestic pricing in India, the 7OC Super Platinum costs about ₹10.5/blade. In comparison the Wilkinson Sword (India) costs about ₹3/blade while the most expensive, imported Feather costs about ₹18/blade. If I can get 4-5 shaves with the 7OC Super Platinum, it would definitely be an inexpensive option here!

Interesting. Domestic pricing in India, the 7OC Super Platinum costs about ₹10.5/blade. In comparison the Wilkinson Sword (India) costs about ₹3/blade while the most expensive, imported Feather costs about ₹18/blade. If I can get 4-5 shaves with the 7OC Super Platinum, it would definitely be an inexpensive option here!
In the US the Blacks used to be more like ~$15/100. Now they are $30/100, and I can get Wizamets/Polsilvers cheaper than that.

When the rumors started about Wizamets/Polsilvers perhaps shutting down production I went looking for an emergency replacement, and I had settled on the 7OC Blacks. Luckily I purchased 100 back when they were less expensive.

Top Bottom