What's new

P. Hospital & Cie "Le Grelot" 504 Shorty

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A very kind B&B member PIFed me his most treasured SR, as he had little use for it, a Le Grelot 504 by P. Hospital & Cie. It's a shorty with an edge length of 4mm, probably the shortest ever made. I think it will clean and hone up well. Should be good for shaving hair off the ears.

IMG_20230805_064836.jpg

Who ever designed the scales for this SR must have had off day. The scales are a little on the larger size for such a delicate razor and the blade goes right through the scales opening. Once disassembled, I will fit a more appropriate set of timber scales.

These original scale will go onto a full-size Le Grelot 357⅝ by P. Hospital & Cie that is currently fitted with non-original scales.

Ah, the famous P. Hospital & Cie ”Le Grelot Aviateur” 👨‍✈️ model, designed to be TSA compliant.

These models are as rare as hens’ teeth (possibly because most of them were confiscated anyway by TSA staff who were unaware of the TSA rule compliance).

One of the hidden advantages of this model was that it was incredibly quick to hone.

B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom