What's new

Wade & Butcher FBU Shorty

Hello,

I have a similar question. I have two Wade & Butchers with similar blade shapes. One of them is about 0.5cm shorter. My first idea was that it has been shortened when repairing a broken tip. In fact there is a small piece of metal missing in a corner.

IMG_20240111_182513.jpg

IMG_20240111_182619.jpg

But looking more closely a longer blade would not fit in the scales.

IMG_20240111_182642_1.jpg

Also these razors seem to be from different time periods because the shorter one has no arrow, the longer one has.

IMG_20240111_182749.jpg

I don't know if the scales of the shorter Wade& Butcher are original. But look so.

So what do you think? Is this factory or did someone shorten the blade and changed the scales to fit a shorter blade?

Thanks

Sami

Legion

Staff member
Hello,

I have a similar question. I have two Wade & Butchers with similar blade shapes. One of them is about 0.5cm shorter. My first idea was that it has been shortened when repairing a broken tip. In fact there is a small piece of metal missing in a corner.

View attachment 1778286
View attachment 1778289

But looking more closely a longer blade would not fit in the scales.

View attachment 1778287

Also these razors seem to be from different time periods because the shorter one has no arrow, the longer one has.

View attachment 1778290

I don't know if the scales of the shorter Wade& Butcher are original. But look so.

So what do you think? Is this factory or did someone shorten the blade and changed the scales to fit a shorter blade?

Thanks

Sami
I think they have been shortened, and new scales made. Pretty good job though. The fact that they are nearly matching makes me think someone wanted to make a travel or campaign set.

I think they have been shortened, and new scales made. Pretty good job though. The fact that they are nearly matching makes me think someone wanted to make a travel or campaign set.
Thanks for your response. I bought the two razors separately.

Right know I'm comparing the length of these Wade& Butchers with photos I found in the Internet. They seem to have different length. I will post a picture when I'm finished.

Legion

Staff member
Thanks for your response. I bought the two razors separately.

Right know I'm comparing the length of these Wade& Butchers with photos I found in the Internet. They seem to have different length. I will post a picture when I'm finished.
Bought separately? Well that's curious...

Top Bottom