What's new

Open Letter to Rockwell....Premium Edition Wanted!!

I got started in November, 2018. I bought both the Rockwell 6c and then the 6s. I used them through February, 2019, and went for the Feather AS-D2 as my daily driver. Since then, 80% of the use has been with the Feather and I have to say that it lives up to its reputation. I use the Rockwell 6s when I am at my second house and currently use plate 4. But I have to be honest, it is real heavy, and it has a giant head compared to the Feather. I am happy with the build, but I sure wish they could slim the head down a bit. Minor complaint for sure, but as long as we are discussing a modification, I thought that I would throw this out. Thanks.

I wish Rockwell was offering Titanium razors someday, probably it's not compatible with mass production and the demand would not be as huge as for the SS model, but I keep dreaming.

I got started in November, 2018. I bought both the Rockwell 6c and then the 6s. I used them through February, 2019, and went for the Feather AS-D2 as my daily driver. Since then, 80% of the use has been with the Feather and I have to say that it lives up to its reputation...

And the Feather merely copies the legendary Gillette Tech. None of the boutique artisan DE razors have "reinvented" the wheel so to speak. They are just plowing ground that has already been cultivated. Some shavers have to spend a small fortune to discover this.

There's really no way to do that due to the 6S's reversible plate design. And I agree with you, the massive head is the 6S's weak point.
And its strong point, as that is what enables them to give you six plates at such a low price. You do have a point, of course, but what matters to me in the end is results, and the 6S, large and heavy and clunky-looking though it is, delivers them. I wish my light and elegant Slim, just like the one Frank Sinatra used in that 1965 Life Magazine photo, was just as good or better. But it isn't.

Top Bottom