What's new

Omega Elite Series?

New fiber?

MB1917 s.jpg

mb1922_-1 s.jpg

Each brush in the GT Series Elite is equipped with the innovative OmegaGT Synthetic Tuft, a revolution in the field of shaving brushes that offers unprecedented hair density and softness, incredibly close to the characteristics of the finest synthetic hair brushes currently available on the market: The Omega EVO shaving brushes. With a tuft height of 55 millimeters, a wave of 5×0.7mm and a knot at the base of 29 millimeters, these brushes ensure optimal distribution of soap or shaving cream, making each shave a unique experience.

Attachments

• MB1918 s.jpg
    MB1918 s.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 17
  • MB1919 s.jpg
    MB1919 s.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 17
Look can be deceiving but if it's G5C-like fiber set deep and in bulb shape ...

Interested in the MB1920 handle, Googling daily to see if there's shop stocked it, looks like currently there's only one Italian site carrying it and it's already sold out. I don't have confidence to order from an site with only Italian language interface and arrange forwarding to Taiwan.

From the pricing (MSRP? 64.95 EUR, sale 49.95) it's placed between Hi-Brush and EVO ?

Rasoigoodfellas is a very reputable online store, I have several friends who use it frequently and you can set the language of the interface to English. However the cost of shipping to the US is very high.
I contacted Omega and they confirmed that at the moment those brushes can only be pre-ordered from there (two GT' models, green and red, still available). The official release is April 8. Also based on what Omega said, the knot is a modified EVO 2, if I understood it correctly.
I'll wait until they land here.

I've ordered several times from Rasoigoodfellas too, but they don't have MB1920 now, hope they'll carry them later.

The only place I found taking MB1920 pre-order is Epoca Barberia, they are already sold out anyway.

The actual brush in my hand doesn't look like the bulb shape of Omega official pics ... although I haven't used it yet, when dry it looks and feels just like my G5C from AP Shave Co., from color to knot shape (more like a hybrid fan/bulb), but please note my G5C is in a different knot size, 24mm, where the Omega Elite is 29mm on paper, which my caliper confirms.

Soft tip, good backbone, not difficult to splay (but I don't used to splaying brushes so it's YMMV).

Handle feels solid and hefty. The GT one weights 98g, even heavier than Semogue Pegasus C7 (~91g). For reference Semogue Owner's Club Butterscotch Resin weights ~81g, Omega 49 weights ~42g.

Loved that deep engraved logo, but I think it'll eventually filled with soap scum ... (not necessarily bad though)

Will try it on tonight's shave, but I don't expect any surprises.

IMG_4103.jpg IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4104.jpg IMG_4105.jpg IMG_4106.jpg
<- Dip in water then squeezed before lathering; Washed and rigorously shaken after shave ->

Postponed two days since I saw the Athena passed customs and want to have some whiskers to try it as soon as possible.
My bathroom doesn't have much space suitable for a proper SOTD photo, and I'm bad at making lather cones :letterk1:

It feels just like a G5C setted deeper into the handle. It had the same loft of my 24mm G5C. Perhaps because it's setted deeper it's not spreading like the G5C setted with AP Shave Co's recommended loft. Let's see how it changes after prolonged uses ...

When I squeeze a G5C dry before first use I feel it rough, like thick fibers rubbing each other, this sensation disappears after lathering even once. And the Omega Elite knot had exactly the same feeling.

If you have experience with G5C, you can use it as a reference to imagine what it might like; If you don't, then it's not important anyway, it's just a soft-tip, easy to spread, great to use synthetic brush, with a stiffer backbone (I don't know how exactly to describe it ... like a soaked boar?)

Top Bottom