What's new

Ogallala

I have the Limes & Peppercorns aftershave. Nice stuff. Decent smell. Minimal sting. How are the other scents: Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Double Strength Bay Rum?

limes and peppercorn is great. Sweet orange I didn’t like, I think it was too sweet. Double strength bay rum is becoming my favorite over l&p, its a pure bay rum. Where as limes and peppercorn scent overtakes the bay rum a little. I haven’t tried the others, but the face feel of Ogallala is top notch.
They also sell a sampler set with all the scents.

Their straight bay rum is my favorite AS, I use it nearly every shave. It’s very clove-forward, so if that’s what you’re looking for, it’s great. I can’t get enough of the stuff. I’d bathe in it if I could. The Sage and cedar, and sandalwood are also excellent. Haven’t tried the sweet orange, and I think he’s only recently started producing a double strength AS. He’s had the double strength cologne for a while, and that’s my go to cologne. It smells a little different than the AS, but the smells complement each other perfectly.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Huge Ogallala fan here. I have several bottles of Double Strength Bay Rum aftershave in my den. Limes and Peppercorns and Sweet Orange are good. The others I find to be cloyingly sweet with the exception of Sage and Cedar which is ok. I usually get all of them in the Double Strength variety. Quick note...if you prefer a balm over a splash, they have a moisturizer that comes in a glass bottle with a plastic dispenser top. That can be used as a balm. I have it in the regular Bay Rum and the Sweet Orange scents.

Huge Ogallala fan here. I have several bottles of Double Strength Bay Rum aftershave in my den. Limes and Peppercorns and Sweet Orange are good. The others I find to be cloyingly sweet with the exception of Sage and Cedar which is ok. I usually get all of them in the Double Strength variety. Quick note...if you prefer a balm over a splash, they have a moisturizer that comes in a glass bottle with a plastic dispenser top. That can be used as a balm. I have it in the regular Bay Rum and the Sweet Orange scents.
I use the moisturizer as a beard balm. It must be water based, because it’s one of the only moisturizers that doesn’t leave my hands feeling greasy. Fantastic stuff.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got the sampler. Good stuff.

Important thing: SHAKE these before use! The essential oils float on top of the water/witch hazel. They can burn you, if not mixed with the stuff below.

AA

enjoy my ogallala bay rum and sandalwood.
it just doesn't get enough attention!

Trumpers coconut feather rudy vey ogallala july 1 2014.jpg

Top Bottom