What's new

Official Single Edge September (SEptember) Thread

SEptember shave #13 on 36-hours growth
  • 1970s Schick L1 injector purchased as NOS
  • vintage Schick Platinum Plus blade that was in the NOS package (3)
  • Daveli Farms small batch artisan sheep fat soap in Orange, Cedarwood, and Oak Moss scent
  • WCS Silvertip Badger
  • Intesa aftershave balm
PXL_20220925_173802872.jpg

I'm a big fan of Schick injectors for their simplicity, maneuverability, and general overall ease of use. They also give me a very comfortable and pretty close shave. I also wanted to use this very interesting Daveli Farms soap again. I think it is going to be one of my favorites. The limited information posted by others was positive enough that I bought this soap and one other puck in a different scent (Green Tea). I wouldn't describe the lather as super thick or cushiony (could be me), but it IS very slick and protective, even though it feels very light on my face. I'm going to keep using it to see whether I can make a thicker lather with some more patience. The two times I've used it, I loaded the brush in the mug shown in the photo and face lathered it. The first application of lather was much thicker than the second. I'm still learning with it, but I've had two really great shaves with it.

@Whiterook that Schick F looks super sweet!

A lovely SEpGemBoar shave- three-passes, no mishaps, wonderfully close and smooth, a very fine shave, 10/10, BBS:

Razor: Gem Damaskeene- an excellent shaving Gem variant
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (5)- Ted Pella stock #121-3, still shaving fine
Lather: PdP 63- haven't used in a long while; it's a good soap with a nice scent
Brush: Yaqi boar- starting to break in some, a while to go- it'll be fine before DecemBoar

Have a great shaving week ahead!

View attachment 1528387
Thanks!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
SEptember

Tonight’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (16)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

I try not to rave about the RazoRock Hawk V3OC and Schick Proline P-series combo - they work for me, but others might get better results with different razors or blades. No, the temptation is to insufferably gush about the Simpson Wee Scot shaving brush and its use in combination with Canada Shaving Soap. My shallow ATG pass with cleanup while holding skin still below my jawline is greatly aided by that brush/soap combination for luxurious comfort.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge September (SEptember) 2022
20220925_174456~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Green (24mm Cashmere)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20220925_174603~2.jpg

Superb top tier razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11943206

September 25, 2022

Pre-shave: Noxzema face wash + hyaluronic acid serum
Razor: Blackland Sabre -- L1 Plate -- Maggard Aluminum Handle
Blade: PTFE GEM
Lather: Oaken Labs "Plein Air"

Great shave this evening, and I should use this Blackland Sabre more often. Some folks say the L1 plate is "too mild" and I agree that it feels very mild ... but then I notice how close it shaves, and how efficient it is. For me, this L1 plate seems just about perfect.

Any soap or aftershave by Oaken Labs is top-shelf stuff. The lather is a joy to use, and the aftershave leaves a wonderful face feel. Scent of haystacks and sunshine. Love it.
Sunday Shave.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, SEptemper 26 2022

Razor : Gem 1912 OC- Mfg 1912-15, the real McCoy first production run of the 1912's (Rarity), Tame mid range, built to last (over 100 yrs ago) I get some of my best Gem shaves with this razor. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice fresh minty Lavender + excellent lather qualities. I hardly ever have any irritation or nicks with any of my Lavender soaps. Lavender Rocks!
Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD Septemper 26 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

A fine SEpGemBoar shave for me- three-passes, no mishaps, close and smooth, 9+/10, DFS+:

Razor: Ever-Ready British 1912 w/aluminum handle- shaves just fine, an excellent razor, but the Damaskeene version I have shaves a hair better for me
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (6)- Ted Pella stock #121-3, maybe moving the blade between razors is shortening it's life a bit, as I felt a bit more drag when doing my clean up pass
Lather: MdC Agrumes- I could use MdC soap daily, one of very few- it just works great
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached boar- I'm growing very fond of these boars, so far they stink more than most, but feel great on the face- no prickliness at all
Post: Rinse, a splash of Thayer's SH, and then some Anthony's ASB

Have a great week!

PXL_20220926_165629583.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Top Bottom