Preshave: Proraso White Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Saponovicio Veresino Desert Vetyver Puck
Aftershave: Saponovicio Veresino Desert Vetyver Aftershave
Additional Care: Thayer’s Witch hazel

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

92A52D76-61E8-47B9-AA4B-083CBFDE30CC.jpeg

It's Fall Week / SEPTEMBER

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Razor: Occam's O.R.E.N. 24k gold dipped (Level 3)
Blade: Feather Professional Artist Club ProGuard Blade

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanille
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

For today's shave I stepped the O.R.E.N. up to level 3. This was a wise choice. The blade feel increased to a noticeable level but was not excessive. It was at a nice enjoyable level. Again the razor felt really smooth and seamed to cut without any resistance. Being that I'm new to this razor and A.C. blades in general, I don't know if this inherent to the blades or this razor. More experience is needed.

I did a three-pass shave instead of four because I had better results with the O.R.E.N. on level 3 than on 2. I did a small bit of buffing against the grain on my face and earned a sweet bbs face.

The Stirling Soap Co. Haverford was beautiful as always in both performance and scent. To finish things off I went with my favorite of all Pinaud Clubman aftershaves, the wonderful Classic Vanilla.

And with all that said, another awesome shave is in the books.

Enjoy your Saturday my friends and shave on.

- Also using My Shave Den for iOS

Feather Super Pros have arrived and today bore witness to the inaugural shave with these high efficiency blades. While I did incur some irritation on the lower neck line and a few weepers on ATG, I believe this was largely due to my time off from the Vector. The overall results were impressive and in some areas appear to have exceeded the Blackbird Ti. Looking forward to dialing in shaves with this blade.

Wonderful shaves to all!

Full details on today's shave: www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/rocket-1-shave-logs.628017/post-11941837

RAZOR: Blackland Vector SS [SB]
BLADE: Feather Pro Super AC [1]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: Martin de Candre Vetyver

vector-superpros.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
SEptember

Tonight’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (15)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Didn’t go for maximum blade feel, just shallow ATG with holding the skin taut below the jawline one pass on the face and about a pass and a half on the neck. Not used to some of the angles and sensations so I a weeper on my jawline and irritation on my upper lip. Otherwise, fairly nice shave and I enjoyed the comfort of the shallow angle with the increased efficiency from holding my skin still while shaving. The Wee Scot and Canada Shaving Soap are a very enjoyable combination.

linty1

My wallet cries.
marvelous BBS and best shave of the month so far :)

Ever Ready + a fresh GEM PTFE, new Tabac stick, Beagle Fan, Tabac AS

The new Tabac formula lathers easy and plentiful but I feel it is not as protective as the tallow version also the scent is way fresher than I prefer. Looking forward to Tabactober!

View attachment 1528223
Oh this is completely a smack my forehead d'uh moment. I saw the "tabactober" thing a few times recently and was like "oh it must be something related to the tobacco side of things"... forgot about Tabac.

Tabac is great, one of my few... if any?... actually it might be my only, repeat soap purchase. Just so many to try and discover, but I liked it so much.

SEptember

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Black Supply SE
Blade: Supply Black Label (2)
Soap/Cream: Barrester & Mann Seville
Bowl: Stirling Collapsible Shave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co. Elegant Emerald Handle 24MM SynBad Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9/10 Three pass efficient BBS shave with no touch ups, two tiny weepers, no cuts or irritation. Very good lather, cushion and slickness. Weepers my fault for over buffing on chin and upper lip.

Oh this is completely a smack my forehead d'uh moment. I saw the "tabactober" thing a few times recently and was like "oh it must be something related to the tobacco side of things"... forgot about Tabac.

Tabac is great, one of my few... if any?... actually it might be my only, repeat soap purchase. Just so many to try and discover, but I liked it so much.
The reformulated to a non tallow base and lighter/fresher scent so if you rebuy go easy and try it first before ordering a couple of pucks.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shaved late and was too tired to post, so here is Saturday's shave.

Saturday 20220924
Single Edge September (SEptember) 2022
20220924_202944~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @apshaveco Jade (AP Shave Co 26mm Synbad Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20220924_203041~2.jpg

Superb top tier razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11942549

20220924_084003.jpg

Razor: Schick F New and Improved Injector razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

@Whiterook that Schick F looks super sweet!

A lovely SEpGemBoar shave- three-passes, no mishaps, wonderfully close and smooth, a very fine shave, 10/10, BBS:

Razor: Gem Damaskeene- an excellent shaving Gem variant
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (5)- Ted Pella stock #121-3, still shaving fine
Lather: PdP 63- haven't used in a long while; it's a good soap with a nice scent
Brush: Yaqi boar- starting to break in some, a while to go- it'll be fine before DecemBoar

Have a great shaving week ahead!

PXL_20220925_180512705.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

I'm late posting SEptember shave #12 on two days growth YESTERDAY
  • Late 1950s or early 1960s GEM Pushbutton
  • modern GEM SS PTFE (2)
  • Daveli Farms small batch artisan sheep fat soap in Orange, Cedarwood, and Oak Moss scent
  • Semogue 820 Boar
  • Nivea Sensitive Cool aftershave balm
  • vintage Old Spice after shave lotion (splash)
PXL_20220924_130422134.jpg

I learned of this very straightforward artisan soap on B&B and it sounded intriguing because it keeps things simple with a heavy reliance on sheep tallow from animals raised on Daveli Farms in Illinois. He sells artisan soaps on Facebook Marketplace (which was not a problem for me), but he also can take orders and PayPal payments. You can inquire at [email protected]. I found the soap to have a very subtle scent (a good thing IMO) and to make a superbly protective, slick, and comfortable lather.

The last time I used this blade in my 1912 style GEM, I found myself in a bloody mess from way too much "closeness." I switched to a GEM Pushbutton that just arrived and took it for a spin for my first experience with a Pushbutton. The blade was much smoother and better behaved this time. I achieved DFS+ in two passes plus very minor touch ups without any hint of irritation. I think the soap made a big difference. I'm optimistic, so I used it again for my next shave, which I will post momentarily.

Top Bottom