What's new

Odd. That doesn't LOOK like a Rockwell razor.

Could it be a new, top secret, high butter formula preshave

I doubt my skin is smart enough to tell the difference between a coconut or that shea butter stuff I see in a lot of real shave soaps. I could probably lather up with butter from the kitchen in a bleary-eyed, tea-deprived morning and not realize until I tasted Bay Rum on my toast.

No one was more surprised than I was when I opened the box. Not having a Rockwell (yet) I too wondered about the box dimensions and whether one could even fit in there.

As to HOW it could happen, I suspect they're using a drop shipper/fulfillment warehouse to send out their non-US shipments. That's (usually) a warehouse that services several different brand names and so would have a multitude of products on their shelves of all sizes.

Or I'll be sure and grill them about the secret nut butter operation they have going on in the back room when they email me. LOL

- CinC
So you're saying on a food forum somewhere, someone has posted a rant about how the peanut butter jar turned in to a safety razor ! ;)

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hullo Razor People!

Been lurking in the forums (and DE shaving) for a good while now. A couple weeks ago I thought I'd peer into all the Rockwell hype I keep seeing around the web for myself and ordered a test drive razor to see what their geometry was all about. Transaction was easy, shipping was tracked well, showed up on my doorstep. Great so far. Got ready for a shave and opened the box to find... a jar of "Keto Nut Butter"??! I'm not entirely sure what that is if I'm honest but it sure doesn't hold a blade very well.

Now there may be ancient Mongolian nut butter shaving rituals I'm not familiar with - and that I'm nowhere near shaving Zen enough to attempt - but I suspect their drop-shipper made a bit of a mistake this go. The tracking number Rockwell emailed matches the box I got but as you can tell, it's certainly not shave-worthy. Peanut butter is a bit far from Bay Rum for my tastes.

So I emailed their customer service Monday when I opened the box to my unexpected surprise and haven't heard a peep back from them yet. I notice too that they've been 'offline' on their website for a couple days, at least at the times I've looked. I'm not worried given the response track record I read on their reviews but I was wondering if any of you that have needed to contact them could give me an idea how long the queue was for a response? A week-ish perhaps?

And for what it's worth at this point, this is no ding on them. Mistakes happen - especially across international borders (Canada here) but I did think you lot would enjoy the humour of getting ready to shave and finding a jar of nut butter where your hardware should be.

View attachment 917248

- CinC

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe, its Rockwells new packaging, think Cracker Jack box. The prize is in there somewhere! lol

So you're saying on a food forum somewhere, someone has posted a rant about how the peanut butter jar turned in to a safety razor ! ;)

That makes me laugh no end. I wonder who got the better end of the bargain there? Looks like the nut butter was almost as expensive as the 2C I ordered. Time to post a "looking for lost razor" in the health food forums.

Or if the label-matic 4000 just nudged off one place and suddenly everyone getting shipments from that place gets the guy's order right BEHIND theirs. That could be the new version of online Secret Santa this year. LOL "I got a shovel!" "I got yoga pants" "I got a pet rock". LOL

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Time to post a "looking for lost razor" in the health food forums.

1514149884254.gif

Or if the label-matic 4000 just nudged off one place and suddenly everyone getting shipments from that place gets the guy's order right BEHIND theirs. That could be the new version of online Secret Santa this year. LOL "I got a shovel!" "I got yoga pants" "I got a pet rock". LOL

proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I placed an order with Rockwell about an hour ago and just now stumbled across this thread. Should I be worried?

I still haven't cracked into the nut butter but I'm thinking raspberry.

For anyone following this saga, still zero reply from Rockwell. I sent them a second email last Friday just giving benefit of doubt to the wilds of the interwebs. And we had a holiday up here on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving - no nut butter was served) but still, a week and a half to get even a "we're working on it" message would have been nice. Curiously, I'm getting plenty of "review your new razor" emails from them so I know their servers can talk to my servers. I'll give it until the end of the week before I sort out what to do next. I looked briefly but didn't immediately see another way to contact them other than their [email protected] address. Maybe I'll go on that treasure hunt over the weekend... with a PB & J in hand.

- CinC

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I still haven't cracked into the nut butter but I'm thinking raspberry.

For anyone following this saga, still zero reply from Rockwell. I sent them a second email last Friday just giving benefit of doubt to the wilds of the interwebs. And we had a holiday up here on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving - no nut butter was served) but still, a week and a half to get even a "we're working on it" message would have been nice. Curiously, I'm getting plenty of "review your new razor" emails from them so I know their servers can talk to my servers. I'll give it until the end of the week before I sort out what to do next. I looked briefly but didn't immediately see another way to contact them other than their [email protected] address. Maybe I'll go on that treasure hunt over the weekend... with a PB & J in hand.

- CinC

If by chance you paid via PayPal, I'd start a claim. Its only been a week, but how long does it take to reply to a customers email?

Are we sure this is not some type of trolling? If it is, it's about time we stop feeding him.

That's why Rockwell fellas don't respond to his emails.

OP has 12 posts, all in this thread. He is fairly "new" here.

Top Bottom