What's new

Odd. That doesn't LOOK like a Rockwell razor.

Are we sure this is not some type of trolling? If it is, it's about time we stop feeding him.

That's why Rockwell fellas don't respond to his emails.

OP has 12 posts, all in this thread. He is fairly "new" here.
Exactly .. belongs to the clown house. I've personally benefitted by the awesome customer service of Rockwell multiple times for help queries and once a broken razor.. they've been prompt..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hope this is just a hoax or something similar.

I placed my order on Monday and have yet to receive an order confirmation, but the charge has already hit my bank account. Oddly, with an extra $2 international charge. I’m in the USA and thought Rockwell was as well.

Edit: I double checked and see that Rockwell is located in Toronto ... so that explains the bank international charge.

Last edited:
Well let's see. Am I newly registered here? Yep. You got me there.

Does that automatically make me a troll? What possible motivation would I have to go buy a jar of peanut butter specifically from a company that shares the same distribution warehouse as Rockwell (it's called Shipfusion if you google the return address in Glendale Heights, IL US on the box), fake an address label AND customs label not to mention a Canada Post tracking number, and then come into a forum to ask a question about customer service response times from, presumably, a bunch of people that have dealt with the company?

I have no clue why I've not gotten a response from them yet but I'm also not shouting from the rafters for their demise. They're busy people. It's just a razor. I can wait. I've read in here that others have had some lag time in response. It happens. The 'leave a message' widget on their site has said 'we're offline' for a while now which is really the only reason I came in here to ask.

But Inspector Clouseau up there is sure I'm the devil incarnate. Out to run some bewildering scam for what reason? To what end or gain? I suppose it's 'everyone on the net is a liar' syndrome. What a cynical world it has become. Now go hug a kitten. Or watch a sunset. Or have a good shave. Above all, relax and in the immortal words of Douglas Adams... Don't Panic.

- CinC

No, that doesn't automatically make you a troll.

But, this is the only thread you made so far and participate only here. For a new wet-shaver it seems that you have no questions so far. You will say that you haven't received a razor, so you haven't officially started, but still.

Gareth was always helpful and replied within an hour to my emails. Once he replied within a few minutes. So their customer service is exceptional, one of the best in the hobby. I've exchanged emails with quite a few vendors and artisans through the years, not all of them were great in communication. These guys are.

Bashing a company is not new in this hobby. Motives are only known to those who start a thread like this. Others want free stuff, others do it just for fun etc. I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff going on on forums the last six years I'm in this hobby. Threads like this from a new member are certainly suspicious. This is how I see it.

You may say the truth. I guess I'll never know it. But I have to say what I think when I see something like this.

Again. The reason you probably won't get a response is the fact that this whole thing is unbelievable.

You are of course entitled to assume the worst first. It IS the internet after all and I can't say that's not a prudent step in many cases.

I want to be clear here however, I have not "bashed" Rockwell in any way shape or form. I've gone out of my way to give them the benefit of doubt - little companies get busy, it's just part of being small business. I don't fault them for a little lag time or a shipping error because stuff like happens to every company big or small. And from what I've read, they make decent razors which is why I want to try one. They'll make it right sooner or later, I just haven't had the same luck in contact it seems you have. Not yet at least. A little warehouse mix up isn't the end of the world and what isn't 'believable' is that it doesn't happen more often with the batzillion packages that fly all over the place in e-commerce.

As an aside, I'm not new to wet shaving. Been doing it most of my adult life. I've been reading this forum for some time now, perhaps a year, I just never really had a question that hadn't already been asked in the forums a dozen times over so never bothered to sign up. I wasn't expecting the Inquisition on my first post. I'll update when it eventually gets sorted out. Feel free to ignore everything I say. My gf does that all the time.

- CinC

It does appear that Rockwell might be a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I shot Greg at Rockwell a quick question 3 days ago and haven’t received a reply yet. My question wasn’t urgent and I’m sure they are dealing with more pressing issues. They did send me a discount code when I signed up for their newsletter. Hope your Rockwell shows up soon. Hope mine does too.

An email to Rockwell CS a few moments ago returned this auto response

"Thank you for reaching out to Rockwell Razors! Due to a high volume of customer support tickets and being temporarily short-staffed this week, we will be replying to your message by Monday, October 15th. Thanks for your patience while we get caught up! Have a wonderful weekend.

Gareth & The Rockwell Team"

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

A further and potentially final post on this mix up. Late last week I thought to try leaving a message for Rockwell through their website widget (NOT through direct email or as a 'reply' to an email from them). Even when the widget says they're offline, it gives you the chance to leave a message. Did that early in my morning and by late in the day got a reply from Grigori. Lesson: Use the widget not email if your domain could possibly be caught by spam filters.

That was in fact what Grigori said happened to my previous emails in the weeks prior. I copied them to him and he was able to dig them out of their servers. After a quick read he was unfazed by the nut butter. A few box photos showing the tracking numbers and customs declaration later after he had a chance to talk to his team (the fulfillment warehouse I suspect) and he said his suspicion was that a label got applied to the wrong box somewhere along the way to Canada. As I've said before, it happens. There are lots worse that could befall a guy in need of a shave.

On Monday a replacement shipment was generated. I've not received it yet but wouldn't expect it to make it to the far reaches of Canada in only four days. When it shows up, I'll go happily on down the road of soap and blades without any further thoughts of nut butter. If it's grape jelly this time, you'll hear about it. Good timing in that my latest batch of sampler blades just showed up from Ebay so I'll have plenty to play with when the time comes. Cheers!

- CinC

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
After a quick read he was unfazed by the nut butter.

Wow! He's a better man than I! lol.

I suspected there was a mix up and Rockwell would make it right. Lets hope he added your email to the safe senders list haha.

Thanks for the update!

My Rockwell arrived today.

Glad yours made it to your doorstep. Hope the shave goes well. I've still not gotten mine unfortunately. The most recent ship info update on the 21st - apparently because DHL relies on Canada Post boots on the ground for the last leg of their delivery cycle. The latter of course deciding to go on strike/slowdown right in the middle of things. No fault of Rockwell there, just bad timing. It'll show up eventually. I'll stay occupied testing (new to me) Kai blades in my trusty old (really old) Gillette until then. Cheers!

- CinC

Top Bottom