What's new

Occam's razor.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
After several shaves with the medium top piece and Feather Pro blades I can say that it seems to work. The blade is easy to put in or remove by hand. The sound is still strange but the shaves about as good as with any other AC format razor I own. I have not yet tried other blade makes but will eventually.

What did surprise me.

I had no problem adapting to the handle shape and also no more problems with upper lip, under nose or corners of the mouth than with my other AC format razors. It's not as nimble as a GEM or DE razor, more a stretch limo than sports car.

Mainly due to my upper lip I sold mine. It was a very smooth razor but I have too many other razors that work better for me.

First shave today on 2 dot head with Schick Proline. DFS on 1 day beard growth. Will have to step it up to 3 dot tomorrow.

Pretty impressed with today's shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did 3 pass shave with 3 dot head and Schick Proline (4). Very smooth shave. Did have to do a little buffing in my trouble spots, but I have yet to find a razor to give me BBS without additional buffing.

Very impressed with this razor. It can definitely be my daily shaver for 1 day beard growth. Not sure if it could handle my 3-4 beard growth.

Did 3 pass shave with 3 dot head and Schick Proline (4). Very smooth shave. Did have to do a little buffing in my trouble spots, but I have yet to find a razor to give me BBS without additional buffing.

Very impressed with this razor. It can definitely be my daily shaver for 1 day beard growth. Not sure if it could handle my 3-4 beard growth.

Good stuff. :thumbsup: Do you happen to go ATG in any of your passes?

Yes. I do a normal WTG, XTG, and ATG pass. I find myself doing light buffing after the 3rd pass on my problem areas (neck and jaw line).

Zero irritation today with this razor and Schick Proline. I believe it's a winner in my book.

I'm also a bit disappointed with this razor. I wanted to like it so much more. Very smooth, but always stubble left and I then go to my Slant for a final touch up. I agree with all the comments about the lack of maneuverability on the upper lip as well. I have the Asylum & Tradere razor as well. The Slant out performs all of them.

I'm also a bit disappointed with this razor. I wanted to like it so much more. Very smooth, but always stubble left and I then go to my Slant for a final touch up. I agree with all the comments about the lack of maneuverability on the upper lip as well. I have the Asylum & Tradere razor as well. The Slant out performs all of them.
Which slant are you talking about

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shave three:

Did 3 pass shave with touch up. I used 3 dot head with Schick Proline (5) today. I did a WTG, XTG, ATG pass. I was able to achieve BBS glory this morning.

Post shave: very mild feedback with alum block. Finished out with Neutrogena razor defense aftershave.

PS- I don't shave my mustache so I cannot comment on shaving the upper lip area.

I like my OR but I don't love it. The handle and head design make it awkward to me, but the results are decent. On #3 with a Proline, it works pretty well for me. Love the build quality. Blade insertion and extraction are easy, and the head change is a non-issue, because I found the one I like best, so set it and forget it. Just so many other razors out there...

Shave 4:

2 day beard growth. Used Schick Proline (6). Had to do 4 passes to get DFS. Had some minor irritation due to blade dulling.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Works great with the Schick Proline blade that was my least favorite in the comparison of the ATT SE1, Brass General and Hawk V1 & V2. In fact it actually makes the Schick Proline a pleasant to use blade.

Interesting. Just saw the KS page and am thinking of giving it a second try. My main issue was that the safety bar protruded too far out, but I also felt that a floating blade concept for a Feather AC was not a good idea because it flexed too much for me. I also did not like the shape of the grip, which the new model does not fully solve. Thanks for sharing.

Where you you guys order the Schick Proline blades? I picked up the Kai blades because of this thread and would like to give the prolines a try as well

Where you you guys order the Schick Proline blades? I picked up the Kai blades because of this thread and would like to give the prolines a try as well
You could get them from bullgoose shaving

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was there the other day looking at the Asylum RX and completely forgot to check out the blades.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Thanks. I was there the other day looking at the Asylum RX and completely forgot to check out the blades.
When initially trying new blades you might want to order from Try-a-Blade. They sell by the unit so you can buy just a few to see if you like them.

The Occam’s has been a really good shaver. Today was the 2 dot plate with a Schick Proline and a BBS was had in 2 passes. Nicely efficient and a very smooth pairing. The “Floating Blade” design has proven to be an excellent design feature in the Occam’s.

8EBA229A-64C2-40F9-8F16-CDA2B2F56C49.jpeg

Top Bottom