What's new

Occam's razor.

I haven't gotten the survey yet. I'm starting to get a bad feeling.

Did you check email spam? Or your Kickstarter account for messages?

Otherwise, you should make contact through email or Kickstarter... All the surveys went out to the original backers.

Keep in mind the razors were originally forecast for August shipping, iirc.

I wanted mine "yesterday" but I'm trying to be patient knowing the reality of running a business.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Did you check email spam? Or your Kickstarter account for messages?

Otherwise, you should make contact through email or Kickstarter... All the surveys went out to the original backers.

Keep in mind the razors were originally forecast for August shipping, iirc.

I wanted mine "yesterday" but I'm trying to be patient knowing the reality of running a business.
Yup, checked spam and contacted the good folk several times. Got a response the first time saying the surveys would go out shortly before ship and no response to later contacts.

I was #24 as a backer so a fairly early supporter. I'm totally happy with the original handle so it's not a big deal even if it never happens.
I was backer 27 and I am also happy with v1. If it never happens AND I get my money back I will be perfectly happy as well.

Eric

I liked the first one except for the wide safety bar and was hoping the 2nd version solved that problem. The handle took awhile to get used to also

I haven't received V2 yet. I remember filling out the survey a few weeks ago. My nephew will be getting the V1 V2 combo and I will be getting a V2 black. or who knows, maybe I'll keep the combo and give him the new one.

First head shave this year, I used the level 2 plate with a Proline with one face shave on it. I cut my hair as close as I could with clippers first.

It wasn't as efficient as I'm use to, and couldn't get the dome smooth on the cleanup. Picked up the Micromatic Clog Pruf, with a blade of unknown shaves on it, to smooth things out.

The level 2 plate is smooth and capable but no match for the ATT SE1. Level 3 seemed to have the blade feel of the SE1 but the floating blade didn't perform well on my more coarse areas ATG.

Please keep us updated with the head shaving. I may be going bald for the summer and thought that it would be a great razor for head shaving. With the looseness of the blade, I have found that I can apply a lot of pressure with this razor. So don't be afraid of the blade.

I just shaved with Occam's Razor v1. It gave an excellent shave. It is not without flaws such as shaving under the nose, and some are not enamored of its handle. I am truly impressed every time I use it. It is my favorite of the Feather/KAI/Schick SE blade razors. I am hoping that v2 alleviates its small flaws. I am also hoping that v2 is delivered before the Fourth of July.

eric.

Just got a note regarding version 2. A third of the razors have shipped. They are fixing a broken laser and the rest should ship soon. Hopefully we will be getting packages in the mail soon.

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but there is a $60 sale going on here at Classic Shaving, and I’d like to clarify if that comes with one plate or all three. (I wrote to them but have not heard back.)

— Thanks.

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but there is a $60 sale going on here at Classic Shaving, and I’d like to clarify if that comes with one plate or all three. (I wrote to them but have not heard back.)

— Thanks.

I bought one for $60 about a month ago and it came with all three...

— Thanks.

Just to be clear, the $60 sale at Classic Shaving is for the v1 version. According to the seller, the v2 version has been distributed to about 1/3 of the Kickstarter backers, and the remaining razors will be distributed to the Kickstarter backers once their laser engraving machine is repaired. Hopefully that will be soon. The seller hasn't announced when the v2 will be available for purchase at the Classic Shaving website.

Just to be clear, the $60 sale at Classic Shaving is for the v1 version. According to the seller, the v2 version has been distributed to about 1/3 of the Kickstarter backers, and the remaining razors will be distributed to the Kickstarter backers once their laser engraving machine is repaired. Hopefully that will be soon. The seller hasn't announced when the v2 will be available for purchase at the Classic Shaving website.

Thanks @glassmtn99. I did pick up on that. I’m looking for a bargain on what seems to be a fine razor already, even in its current v1 form. Perhaps I should do some more homework to find out how significant the changes are?

Thanks @glassmtn99. I did pick up on that. I’m looking for a bargain on what seems to be a fine razor already, even in its current v1 form. Perhaps I should do some more homework to find out how significant the changes are?

I think v1 is a very good razor. The only drawbacks that I have heard and/or experiences are some do not like the handle although I find it to be OK. I think it is more difficult to shave under the nose with v1 but I have developed a technique that mostly alleviates this problem. The v2 version has addressed both of these concerns by redesigning the handle and shortening the comb. It remains to be seen whether these changes successfully address the v1 shortcomings. Also the blade rattles a bit which bothers some folks although does not affect the shave. I don't think this is being addressed in v2.

eric.

Top Bottom