What's new

Now what is this bug called creeping in my great outdoors backyard

Can someone identify this spider or whatever it is, that is freaking my girl out.Is it camel/sun spider, this one was like inch , inch and half just the body, Thanks in advance!

proxy.php

proxy.php

dumb way to catch a spider, empty a can of mortein on it and wack it with a 9 irons hows its done in my backyard

Legion

Staff member
Tried that. The spider just took the club off me and chased me down the road like Tiger Woods angry wife!

In the US it's the 2nd amendment that gives you the right to carry a gun.
In Oz it's the need for self-defense against spiders...

I don't know if Crocodile Dundee aggravates Aussies or not, but I always remember that "a funnel web spider can kill a man just by looking at him".

I had the idea, living in Arizona for a year, to find tarantulas by driving down dirt roads at night, catch them, and sell them. I could probably be a ga-zillionaire by now.

Legion

Staff member
I don't know if Crocodile Dundee aggravates Aussies or not, but I always remember that "a funnel web spider can kill a man just by looking at him".

A funnel web will mess you up. They are the kind of poisonous where you don't bother seeking help, you just find somewhere comfy to lie down...

The big huntsman spiders (like the one in the funny gif) are not dangerous. They are just for using in practical jokes.

Last edited:
Can someone identify this spider or whatever it is, that is freaking my girl out.Is it camel/sun spider, this one was like inch , inch and half just the body, Thanks in advance!

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's nothing, tell your GF to look seriously at the size of the spider, then tell her to look at the size of her shoe. the rest is EASY.

Well, i usually say that :) but then I was bit by a brown lacrouse that was much smaller than that and now i have a dead spot on my leg , I went to the doctor only 2 weeks after just to make sure its not going to spread to other important parts on my body. The doctor said i was lucky and now I shoot spider webs out of my wrists. :) That is the reason why i want to know what things are around my house.

Well, i usually say that :) but then I was bit by a brown lacrouse that was much smaller than that and now i have a dead spot on my leg , I went to the doctor only 2 weeks after just to make sure its not going to spread to other important parts on my body. The doctor said i was lucky and now I shoot spider webs out of my wrists. :) That is the reason why i want to know what things are around my house.

LOL, I understand that spidy, but your climbing abilities are legendary now.

Australia! Home of the stupidly big spider. One dragged off my cat a few days ago.

Ha, I got you, I thought you forgot to attach the link or something :) Now i feel dumb :)

dumb way to catch a spider, empty a can of mortein on it and wack it with a 9 irons hows its done in my backyard

Tried that. The spider just took the club off me and chased me down the road like Tiger Woods angry wife!

Now that's is funny!

Top Bottom