What's new

November 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

2EA97487-4852-4B08-AC58-87F3532C5772.jpeg
Still in - DFS+ with a HD500 and a fresh Bic @ivan_101
Revisit of the Simpsons T3 - still don’t like how the brush behaves so back into the box it goes. This is a PIF candidate as it might work for someone else.

Still in,

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- TOBS Jermyn Street Cream (Sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Esteem Unscented Post Shave Balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile Slant
- Voskhod (2)
- Semogue Torga C5 Boar

Fragrance for the day:
- Floris Honey OUD EDP

Still in! I had a slight mishap with my beard trimmer (I used the wrong foolish guard) so as a result, my once thick full beard is now a stylish is somewhat shaggy goatee. Well, more to shave, right? My new to me 40s Tech with a still fresh GSB took care of the long neglected cheeks with the help of some Captains Choice Nor'easter soap and, later, aftershave. And I'm off to enjoy being evil for a while.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning after my "Bengall" shave I went into town to do my weekly food shopping. In town, there is a small antique shop run by a little old lady. I use to pop in there occasionally looking to see if she had any decent vintage SR's - never with any success.

This morning I had every intention of not going into this shop due to the GRUME. As I was walking by, the little old lady came out and stopped me in the street. She said that she had a SR that I might be interested in. She is such a sweet little old lady, I didn't want to reject her offer to show me this "treasure" so I went back with her into the shop.

From under the display counter, the little old lady pulled out a SR. It was a post 1924 T.R. Cadman & Sons Ltd round point ⅝ dressed in dark Bakelite scales in very good condition. A perfect match for the others in the M7DS that I am putting together.

I'm out.

We haggled over price until she came down to my accepted level and the deal was done. At the time of purchase, I knew that it would put me out of this GRUME but such a find does not come easily.

I have had my eye on a NOS Comoy's of London SR in a local Withknife shop for a reasonable price. I had put off purchasing this SR until after this GRUME was finished. With the GRUME now over for me, I went to a knife shop. The Comoy was also purchased.

IMG_20211122_121724.jpg

If I'm going to go down. I would rather do it in flames.

Day 21, 70% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #1
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

A good quick shave with a fresh blade, getting a near-BBS result.

Had a few more Black Friday emails, but didn't give in to temptation.

This morning I had every intention of not going into this shop due to the GRUME. As I was walking by, the little old lady came out and stopped me in the street. She said that she had a SR that I might be interested in. She is such a sweet little old lady, I didn't want to reject her offer to show me this "treasure" so I went back with her into the shop.

That's taking facilitation to a whole new level! It would be hard to say "no" to that.

They look like good captures.

And another one bites the dust.

See you in December, @rbscebu ! I don’t think your SR purchase was really avoidable. I have fell out of GRUME for less.

When a Cebu friend falls, time for a quick roll call….

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @SharpieB
3) rbscebu - out (11/21: SR)
4) @B_R_A_D
5) @Sinnbad11
6) @Roedeer
7) @Stuart Ganis
8) @Multum in parvo
9) @Doti B
10) Kyle89 - out (11/13: Simpson brush)
11) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
12) @Flintstone65
13) @‘Bout Time
14) Owen Bawn - out (11/16: Penhaligon cologne)
15) @cryhavoc -GRUYERE
16) @RookieGuy
17) @pdieten - GRUYERE
18) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
19) @Contact_vs_Feedback
20) @Southern_S
21) @Balin
22) Sandorfi - out (11/8: vintage razor)
23) @Abz88
24) mattps1 - out (11/5: Simpson brush)
25) @FL shaver
26) @kjbarth
27) sarir97 - out (11/15: AliExpress 11/11 sale)
28) @12stones
29) @Lee93
30) @BobbyB
31) @Tomo
32) @Jack Goossen

Ohh well, here we go again.

When a brother @Lee93 falls - fatally hit by a brick of Vitos 🧱 - it is time for a roll call….

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @SharpieB
3) rbscebu - out (11/21: SR)
4) @B_R_A_D
5) @Sinnbad11
6) @Roedeer
7) @Stuart Ganis
8) @Multum in parvo
9) @Doti B
10) Kyle89 - out (11/13: Simpson brush)
11) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
12) @Flintstone65
13) @‘Bout Time
14) Owen Bawn - out (11/16: Penhaligon cologne)
15) @cryhavoc -GRUYERE
16) @RookieGuy
17) @pdieten - GRUYERE
18) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
19) @Contact_vs_Feedback
20) @Southern_S
21) @Balin
22) Sandorfi - out (11/8: vintage razor)
23) @Abz88
24) mattps1 - out (11/5: Simpson brush)
25) @FL shaver
26) @kjbarth
27) sarir97 - out (11/15: AliExpress 11/11 sale)
28) @12stones
29) @Lee93 - out (11/21: Vitos Green and Omega Evo 🇮🇹 )
30) @BobbyB
31) @Tomo
32) @Jack Goossen

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Hopefully I can order and pay for my custom Proserpine Razor Co SR before the start of December GRUME. Still waiting on Steve, the owner, to get back from the Northern Territory (Australia) where he is caught in their CoVid lockdowns.

Steve's day job is a bore drilling contractor. His passion though is in making exquisite straight razors.

Last edited:
Still in

Pre-Shave: Skinfood
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Razor: Merkur 34c hd
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog

This morning after my "Bengall" shave I went into town to do my weekly food shopping. In town, there is a small antique shop run by a little old lady. I use to pop in there occasionally looking to see if she had any decent vintage SR's - never with any success.

From under the display counter, the little old lady pulled out a SR. It was a post 1924 T.R. Cadman & Sons Ltd round point ⅝ dressed in dark Bakelite scales in very good condition. A perfect match for the others in the M7DS that I am putting together.

I'm out.

We haggled over price until she came down to my accepted level and the deal was done. At the time of purchase, I knew that it would put me out of this GRUME but such a find does not come easily.

I have had my eye on a NOS Comoy's of London SR in a local Withknife shop for a reasonable price. I had put off purchasing this SR until after this GRUME was finished. With the GRUME now over for me, I went to a knife shop. The Comoy was also purchased.

If I'm going to go down. I would rather do it in flames.

Those are two beautiful straight razors, if you are going to fail a GRUME you might as well fail in style 😎

Top Bottom