What's new

No point shaving with another razor...

When I bought my 34c I thought I had "The One". I then went down the rabbit hole and bought a Tech and a SS even though they were okay. I then bought a Slim and that I will say is "The One" so much so I bought one re-plated in rose gold, I then bought one of those for my friend, and I ended up with another one in a lot but I only have the re-plated one. I then bought a Schick Krona, a New OC, a Wilkinson Sword Classic, a Fatboy, and none of those are as good as the Slim even though the Fatboy is close I still prefer the Slim. I am looking at a Fatip either the FOCS or the Picolo(or both)but keep thinking why bother when I have "The One". Hasn't stopped me from looking though.

I've had a hard time finding anything that matches up to the shave I get from a Tech, be it modern or vintage. There's something about that head geometry that just works for me. I can get really good shaves from other razors, to be sure, but when I want a great shave? Tech, please.

EDIT: If I can't get a Tech, a black plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic will do nicely, but it's just not quite the same.

I've had a hard time finding anything that matches up to the shave I get from a Tech, be it modern or vintage. There's something about that head geometry that just works for me. I can get really good shaves from other razors, to be sure, but when I want a great shave? Tech, please.

EDIT: If I can't get a Tech, a black plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic will do nicely, but it's just not quite the same.
Which Tech do you prefer?

I have 2 pre-war triangle Techs, a Korean war 50s Tech and a British Flat Bottom.

To me they all shave differently and I prefer the pre-war overall.

When I bought my 34c I thought I had "The One". I then went down the rabbit hole and bought a Tech and a SS even though they were okay. I then bought a Slim and that I will say is "The One" so much so I bought one re-plated in rose gold, I then bought one of those for my friend, and I ended up with another one in a lot but I only have the re-plated one. I then bought a Schick Krona, a New OC, a Wilkinson Sword Classic, a Fatboy, and none of those are as good as the Slim even though the Fatboy is close I still prefer the Slim. I am looking at a Fatip either the FOCS or the Picolo(or both)but keep thinking why bother when I have "The One". Hasn't stopped me from looking though.
Have you tried a Red Tip?

I have FB and Slim but to me the Red Tip is the razor I reach for out of all of the vintage razors. I have SS and Techs too but the RT just works and the sounds it makes while cutting are just magnificent.

Which Tech do you prefer?

I have 2 pre-war triangle Techs, a Korean war 50s Tech and a British Flat Bottom.

To me they all shave differently and I prefer the pre-war overall.
That's a good question. All three of my Techs have been post-war ball-end Techs, plus the modern Gillette Super Blues, so I don't have a huge variety to choose from. They all feel pretty similar to me, which is to say, amazing.

Have you tried a Red Tip?

I have FB and Slim but to me the Red Tip is the razor I reach for out of all of the vintage razors. I have SS and Techs too but the RT just works and the sounds it makes while cutting are just magnificent.

No I haven't. After getting the Fatboy in a lot I kind of ended the Vintage buying. Maybe if I find one in nice condition I might consider buying it but then I am not looking. I can't see it could be better then my Slim. I can't resist using that gold colored razor. When I rotate razors I always go back to the Slim between each razor and to me it is the best I have. That is why it is hard to pull the trigger on any other razor vintage or new.

Technically I could only use my Rockwell 6S but it would take the fun away of using something different so I rotate between the 6S, GC 0.84 and the little Merkur 34C whenever I travel and there's a refurbished Gillette slim on its way

Top Bottom