What's new

Nivea November 2023.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8290.jpeg

Nivea November shave number five.​

Nivea November shave number five this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream, also still using Nivea Facial Toner as an aftershave lotion. It works great for me and I might keep using this a few times a week. I also used over the top of the Nivea Facial Toner, Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash. To finish off before I went to work I used Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Impact Deodorant. A great Sunday.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I also use Nivea products, Palmolive and Nivea were my entry into wet shaving. I still have the balm but as I like alcoholic aftershave for their quick drying character, my Nivea balm is sitting around mostly unused. Time to correct that. :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8308.jpeg

Nivea November shave number six.​

Nivea November shave number six this morning. This morning I finished a tube of Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream. Lucky I still have a few around, these tubes are over five years old so I am happy to be using something up. I also used Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm as well as Nivea Men Black and White Invisible Fresh + Antibacterial deodorant. I good start to the week.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8329.jpeg

Nivea November shave number seven.​

Nivea November shave number seven this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream and today’s aftershave balm was Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm. Then to finish off my deodorant of choice was Nivea Men Black and White Invisible Fresh Original.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8347.jpeg

Nivea November shave number eight.​

Nivea November shave number eight this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream, I also used the Nivea Facial Toner as an Aftershave Lotion and I also used Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash to finish off my shave. Deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Impact. I had a pretty good start to my Wednesday.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Boti Ti Shield 1.15 / BIC Platinum
BotiShield115.jpg

Usually this Shield razor is used by Shield Maidens to shave their shields, but you can of course use it for shaving your face, too.

It's a Wolfman WR2 clone designed by the Shield razors guy for the "Ti Series" of Boti Brush, they usually rather offer fancy shaving brushes and simple razors.

I have quite a collection of different WR2 clones by now, 1.15 is the lowest gap I have, yet this one is more efficient than the Yaqi 1.5 SB. How is that possible? Geometry is slightly different, and the exposure is much more than that of the Yaqi. The SB version, the OC from Yaqi has also a slightly altered geometry and cap. I do not know if the SB got changed or updated by now. Exposure trumps gap for this head design a lot.

So, while I still would rather have bought a 1.35 or 1.55 version that simply was not available anymore, this razor was a very pleasant surprise.

Great looks, even comes with a nice stand. And unlike for the even more gorgeous Vortex, this one is also a very good razor head design that will appeal to a much wider audience.

The handle is also very good, it is a very thick and long handle, but made of titanium the large diameter still doesn't make it too heavy.

This shave doubles up as entry for NOCvember and Nivea November.
Usually I use alcoholic aftershaves for their quick drying properties, but this Nivea balm has a nice scent and cooling effect that makes it a good alternative at times.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8363.jpeg

Nivea November shave number nine.​

Nivea November shave number nine this morning. I had a really great shave, still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream and today I broke out my little used Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm. Nivea Deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Amazonia. A good start to a Thursday morning.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8381.jpeg

Nivea November shave number ten.​

Nivea November shave number ten this morning. This morning I used Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Stress 2 in 1 Liquid Shaving Cream and Cleanser and for after the shave I used Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress 2 in 1 Liquid Shaving Cream and Cleanser. Both are made in Poland from Hemp seed oil. Both products are fantastic IMHO. Deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Black and White Max Protection.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8399.jpeg

Nivea November shave number eleven.​

Nivea November shave number eleven this morning. I used Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream with a Semogue Galahad Boar to whip up a fantastic Nivea lather. I used Nivea Facial Toner as an aftershave lotion and I used my very little used Nivea Men Sensitive Aftershave Splash it finish off my shave. I use this Aftershave Splash very sparingly as I have not found any of out here in Australia for years. Deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Expresso. A great start to my Saturday morning.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Rex Envoy / BIC Platinum
envoy.jpg

This is the original Rex stand, it is rarely seen, but a razor simply needs a matching stand.

The Envoy was my cheaper alternative to the Ambassador, as I also like cleaning my razors after every shave I am quite a bit at odds with the hard to disassemble (there is no real need, though) adjustable razors. While writing this I notice that I should not have put cream on my fingers after shaving and before setting up this photo... sigh!

The Envoy might indeed shave differently to the Ambassador, though I got told it is most comparable to the 3 setting of the Ambassador. For me it was a bit too blade forward while not being that super efficient. I can get a good shave with it, but it requires a lot more effort than many other razors I have.

Besides the stand, the not-knurling type of knurling (no idea if this small rectangular pattern has a name) is the hightlight of the razor, plus the serial on the baseplate. I am a registered Rex Envoy owner, and it has a code for the date of production under its baseplate. Very vintage! Though I sometimes think they just could have stamped the date in. That would be fittingly modern. :)

I recharged my healthy smurf blue with super blue glycerine shaving gel that is scentless. It is rather a beard styling gel. Nivea Men Sensitive has a particularly endearing smell and is a tried and true balm. I must check out if Nivea also makes classic alcoholic aftershaves, I really don't know.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8415.jpeg

Nivea November shave number twelve.​

Nivea November shave number twelve this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream and today I used my Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion followed by Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash. I had a really great shave this morning and my deodorant of choice was Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Impact. I had a great start to my Sunday.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8433.jpeg

Nivea November shave number thirteen.​

Nivea November shave number thirteen this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream and I also used Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. The deodorant of choice was Nivea Men Black and White Max Protection. I had a pretty good start to Monday this morning.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8451.jpeg

Nivea November shave number fourteen.​

Nivea November shave number fourteen this morning. This morning I used Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Shaving Cream and Facial Balm and a joy they are for me to use. The only thing is with the Nivea Men Pro Sensitive Facial Balm, one pump is really too much Balm for my face. It takes a while to rub it in. Deodorant of choice was Nivea Men Everyday Active.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8469.jpeg

Nivea November shave number fifteen.​

Nivea November shave number fifteen this morning. Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream was the cream of the day and aftershave of the day was Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm. Deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Stress Protect. I had a good start to my Wednesday morning.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / BIC
EJ3ONE6NOC23.jpg

This is the steel handle version of the 3ONE6. My phone had apparently trouble dealing with low autumn light and the satinized cap of the 3ONE6. It's looking not quite like that. I think they brushed the MIM cast head after finishing.

Unlike the Rocca, this one has lather slits. The bar is slightly more pronounced, this small alteration alone makes the shave already feel slightly different.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8487.jpeg

Nivea November shave number sixteen.​

Nivea November shave number sixteen this morning. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream and aftershave of choice this morning was Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm. Deodorant of choice was Nivea Men Black and White Invisible Fresh Original. I had a good start to my Thursday morning.

Like many on this forum I am a fan of the Nivea sensitive balm and enjoy cans of sensitive shave gel as a budget option. Their lip sticks are also good as I used to have periods of dry or cracked lips although I hide them at the back of the cabinet as they are not very manly.
I've tried lots of other Nivea products from seasonal gift sets with unexceptional results. In particular the Sensitive Pro hemp range was a disappointment and the blue standard range leave me with irritation. They just clutter my shave den - not bad enough to throw away but not good enough to want to use. Every so often I will try and start a pattern of product consumption eg face wash and moisturiser at bedtime but it doesn't last long. It's rare I bin a product as there's kinda an environmental obligation to not to waste the resources that went into its production.

Top Bottom