What's new

Nivea November 2023.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8140.jpeg
IMG_8139.jpeg

Nivea November 2023.​

As you can see, I am a Nivea Men convert. I have been using Nivea Men products for a number of years. The only real thing missing from this photo is some canned foams and gels, the odd hand cream and the odd facial cleaner. I used to use Nivea Men canned foams and gels before I joined this forum. I had a crack at this last year and had a few takers. I thought that I would try it again. If you are interested in partaking in Nivea November just post your Nivea product of the day in this thread. I will be using at least one if not more Nivea products every day during November so if you would like to join me I would love to have you on board.

Just a word of warning for using Nivea creams with a brush. These creams contain silicone oil (dimeticone). While silicone oils aid slickness, they are deposited on the surface of the bristles and render them hydrophobic. Unlike soap scum, once deposited in larger amounts, they are not easy to clean.
If using with Nivea creams, take an additional care for your brush. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly after each use. Use a drop of shampoo, shower gel or a liquid hand soap and wash the bristles under running water. It is best to do this after every use, or every other use.

This is a great idea! You`ve reminded me that I`ve got some vintage Nivea creams from around 2015 just before Nivea changed the formula on their shaving creams by cutting corners $ on their ingredients. Looking forward to participating in Nivea November!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am happy for any member to post about ANY Nivea product in this thread for the length of November. It doesn’t have to be solely about shaving products. Let’s just celebrate all things Nivea.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8208.jpeg

Nivea November shave number one.​

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
9) Australia: Deodorant Nivea Men Cool Kick.

A great start to Nivea November this morning. I used Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream, Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm and Nivea Men Cool Kick deodorant. If Nivea made a razor I would have used it as well.

Love the Idea, Here is my contribution!
Razor: Lord S625-2
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: no name synthetic
Lather: Nivea original protect and care
Aftershave: nivea fresh kick lotion (LOVE this stuff)
Balm(ish?): Nivea creme (not for men because it costs twice as much and im not paying "Blue" tax)
Also my Dopp kit from nivea for added value!

Attachments

• niv.jpg
    niv.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
I'm not a huge fan of Nivea cream, but I love the balm and use it after every shave. I like to use an alcohol-based splash to ensure that any nicks or cuts are treated well, and I always follow by applying some Nivea balm. The scent is so mild that it pairs well with any splash.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Big fan of the face washes and after shave Balm, the silver protect used to be my deodorant of choice but can't seem to find it easily in the UK now. For some reason the sensitive line of deodorants cause me irritation.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8229.jpeg

Nivea November shave number two.​

Shave number two for this years Nivea November. Still using Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream, I used Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm and Nivea Men Stress Protect Deodorant. A very good shave this morning. I used far too much cream this as I had enough for a five pass shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8247.jpeg

Nivea November shave number three.​

Nivea November shave number three this morning. I used the last of my Nivea Men Blue Tube shaving cream and for something a little different I tried some Nivea Facial Toner as an aftershave lotion. It worked really well for me. I finished up the shave with Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash and the deodorant of the day was Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Impact. I bought the Nivea Facial Toner on clearance for something like $3.50 down from around $18.00 and it has been in the bathroom vanity for ages. I thought that I should try it for Nivea November and I think I will keep using it.

My latest acquisition, gents – face wash gel Nivea. There was a decent promotion and I could not resist, with the idea to put it in rotation with my present face wash Reuzel Astringent Foam. This morning used it for the first time – a pea-size amount was enough to produce the desired effect. All in all, this is a mass-market offer, the ingredients are basic ones, but the value-for-money ratio scores pretty high! Greetings!

Attachments

• TEMP1_20231103.jpg
    TEMP1_20231103.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 3

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_8271.jpeg

Nivea November shave number four.​

Nivea November shave number four this morning. Back with Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream and I used the Nivea Facial Toner again. The Nivea Facial Toner is surprisingly effective as an aftershave lotion. Pity I bought the last one of this type. I am guessing there is more there in the ladies section. To finish off I used Nivea Men Deep Black Carbon Amazonia Deodorant.

I’ve been using Nivea deep aftershave for about three shaves now since I got it in the mail.

Very happy with the scent, and how my skin tends to feel.

I’d very much like to try some more of their stuff.

I have the sensitive balm and shaving cream coming next week. I’m eager to give that a go after a miserable experience with the much hyped Proraso line of products which I do not care for in terms of fragrance and which do nothing to improve the quality of my shave.

Top Bottom