What's new

NEWBIE BLADE PIF!!!!

Hey I collect cigars too and have many humidors.
But I prefer single malt Scotch in rocks glasses
I think we would get along nicely I always enjoy opening my humidor and just that smell hitting me, I always use fountain pens, enjoy a single malt scotch and a few other liquors that I would probably smack somebody if they poured coke in the glass but I only drink on special occasions so a bottle lasts forever (right now I'm slowly going through a bottle of Chivas Regal, black label, and Jameson's) I even use granite cubes from my freezer so I don't water the drink down and mess up the flavor, and I always try to enjoy my pipe on the weekends to just sit back ponder and relax.

Almost all my special jars are mostly English and Virginia and have been aging since 2012 and 2013 and all the jars have another row behind them with some jars stacked on those. I have some aromatics and ones that I have been opening on a shelf right below those 2 shelves. I went down a rabbit hole back in those years and have slowly been working through it and sometimes give some away on another forum as PIF, the lucky people might even get a blend that can't be bought anymore
proxy.php

Thanks
mreeveshp

Hey I collect cigars too and have many humidors.
But I prefer single malt Scotch in rocks glasses
No offense intended... In apologia, while I don't consider myself a cigar smoker, I have smoked a few. I don't remember what kind but my long time cigar aficionado friend assured me it was, "entirely too good for a beginner."

Got mine today, thank you very much for the gracious PIF, and I cut the top to open then cut the paper around the seal to put in a bag to keep it just makes it look so nice when you get a letter that has am extra touch like that. And my father liked the stamp hes never seen a round stamp like that we always have the little square ones

Got my blades yesterday. All I can say is wow. The seal on the envelope was a really cool touch. Other that. Few light blue streaks from going through the sorter it is in great shape. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.

Got my blades yesterday. All I can say is wow. The seal on the envelope was a really cool touch. Other that. Few light blue streaks from going through the sorter it is in great shape. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.
Hopefully I got in all you wanted :)
Look forward to hearing what you like/don't like

Getting ready to try one of the shark blades, I waited until the astra blade I was using was getting dull before I started pulling blades from the sampler and I will post a review when I use the shark I just have to decide if I want to use SC or plat
proxy.php
proxy.php

I wasn't able to get a shave in yesterday like I wanted but I did today.
Razor used: merkur 34c
Soap: VDH
After shave: witch hazel I added some more alcohol to and aqua velva

Blade used: Shark SC

I don't know if my technique is getting better or if it was the blade or mix of the 2 but I got a very good shave and only a slight sting when I put on the aqua velva. I did 3 passes and then touched up around my mouth and chin but still missed a little at the corners of my mouth but nothing anyone can see. I have some acne that broke out around my mouth after I used arko for a week straight so I might only be able to use it sparingly or it was from me being new and doing way too many passes trying to chase BBS. I also have 2 small moles on each side of my mouth about 1/8 inch away from each side that I have to watch out for. I was also very careful about how much pressure I used because I'm pretty sure I used too much before. All and all i was very pleased with the blade and how it performed on my face and would be one that I wouldn't mind using again.

I don't know which blade I might try next or if I will use the same blade to see how it goes with a second use.

Top Bottom