What's new

NEWBIE BLADE PIF!!!!

That stirling sheep....when i got my bulk order of stirling i was tempted to get it because most of the soaps they have are made with beef tallow and i wanted that because its mutton tallow for variety ..glad to hear though that its bomb :001_302: i bet that sheep tallow makes it super nice as well

Ok gents!!!
Mreeveshp, woodwzrd, beardlyboy
I've been on 12s all week but the company thought it fit to only have me do 8 hours Saturday and Sunday this weekend, so I'm starting right now getting your envelopes together. I'll get what I can done this morning and then tomorrow morning after work I'll do the same if I don't get them all done.
I know everyone is thanking me for doing this PIF but I do want to apologise for taking this long (15 days for beardly :-( ) but I'm getting them together now

I also want to say thanks to all who are giving updates on what they're liking and not liking!!! Helps with future people to see what they've tried and liked compared to what you've tried and liked and liked after getting your blades to decide what "extras" to give to others they might not know to ask for.

Hold for updates.

Ok gents!!!
Mreeveshp, woodwzrd, beardlyboy
I've been on 12s all week but the company thought it fit to only have me do 8 hours Saturday and Sunday this weekend, so I'm starting right now getting your envelopes together. I'll get what I can done this morning and then tomorrow morning after work I'll do the same if I don't get them all done.
I know everyone is thanking me for doing this PIF but I do want to apologise for taking this long (15 days for beardly :-( ) but I'm getting them together now

I also want to say thanks to all who are giving updates on what they're liking and not liking!!! Helps with future people to see what they've tried and liked compared to what you've tried and liked and liked after getting your blades to decide what "extras" to give to others they might not know to ask for.

Hold for updates.
No apology necessary, it's amazing that you are willing to give people like me and all the others this opportunity. I can't thank you enough and we all know that life just gets in the way of fun sometimes.

Again thank you and I can't wait to post my results.

Be safe and healthy

Thanks
mreeveshp

No apology necessary, it's amazing that you are willing to give people like me and all the others this opportunity. I can't thank you enough and we all know that life just gets in the way of fun sometimes.

Again thank you and I can't wait to post my results.

Be safe and healthy

Thanks
mreeveshp
I hope that it makes it.
I've packed each envelope with what you up guys wanted plus some
But since I haven't been able to enjoy my other hobby of fountain pens and writing because of work, I added a wax seal mark (old school) that I hope doesn't take the package thicker than it needs to be for the machinery.
The wax I used us intended to go though machines and flex. I just hope it doesn't make it too thick (that's what she said).

Beardly, woodwzrd, MRE all envelopes are packed and have more than enough postage. Will send out this evening and hope they make it fast!!

I hope that it makes it.
But since I haven't been able to enjoy my other hobby of fountain pens and writing because of work, I added a wax seal mark (old school) that I hope doesn't take the package thicker than it needs to be for the machinery.
The wax I used us intended to go though machines and flex. I just hope it doesn't make it too thick (that's what she said).
I love fountain pens, everyone hates it though when they ask for a pen and that's all I have, they are just so versatile. I want to get a wax seal at some point for when I send letters to family that live out of state or for my thank you letters. My cursive is very sloppy unless I do one letter at a time, and sometimes I use a cheap dip pen that I got at hobby lobby since the nibs have a little flex.

I can't wait to receive it just for the wax seal haha.

Thanks
mreeveshp

I hope that it makes it.
I have managed to resist my love of pens so far. Partly because I can’t write more than a phrase or two before my hand writing becomes illegible. I sort of lose control of my hand and it does its own thing. The result is a bunch of illegible scribbling.

I have managed to resist my love of pens so far. Partly because I can’t write more than a phrase or two before my hand writing becomes illegible. I sort of lose control of my hand and it does its own thing. The result is a bunch of illegible scribbling.
Mine actually got better with fountain pens because I don't have to use any pressure, my father only has the cheapest of the cheap ballpoint pens and it's like night and day using one or the other. I only have a few and all were on the cheaper side and given to me as gifts for birthday or christmas and I got a few eyedropper pens that come free with noodlers ink they aren't the best but 3 out of 4 of them write pretty well.

To me it's worth it if all you get is a $20-$30 lamy or few other brands that are good pens for that price range. Then you can pick and choose so many amazing colors.

And I realized the other day that I am more environmentally friendly than I thought since I'm not throwing pens or carts away all the time.

Thanks
mreeveshp

Mine actually got better with fountain pens because I don't have to use any pressure, my father only has the cheapest of the cheap ballpoint pens and it's like night and day using one or the other. I only have a few and all were on the cheaper side and given to me as gifts for birthday or christmas and I got a few eyedropper pens that come free with noodlers ink they aren't the best but 3 out of 4 of them write pretty well.

To me it's worth it if all you get is a $20-$30 lamy or few other brands that are good pens for that price range. Then you can pick and choose so many amazing colors.

And I realized the other day that I am more environmentally friendly than I thought since I'm not throwing pens or carts away all the time.

Thanks
mreeveshp
I’ve really shied away from fountain pens because the control issues in my hand make for varied pressures as well. My current go to pen is a gel rollerball because it stays consistent regardless of the pressure and it doesn’t have a nib to get damaged when I press harder, which I cannot control.

I’ve really shied away from fountain pens because the control issues in my hand make for varied pressures as well. My current go to pen is a gel rollerball because it stays consistent regardless of the pressure and it doesn’t have a nib to get damaged when I press harder, which I cannot control.
I always try to carry a blue and a black gel pen just in case I need it or someone that I don't trust with my fountain pen nib and I always try to carry one blue fountain pen so no matter what I have a blue pen for signing documents, the blue I have in my fountain pen is a bulletproof ink so it's almost impossible to wash away.

Before I got fountain pens I always used a gel pen just because they don't wear out your hand since no pressure is needed

Thanks
mreeveshp

I always try to carry a blue and a black gel pen just in case I need it or someone that I don't trust with my fountain pen nib and I always try to carry one blue fountain pen so no matter what I have a blue pen for signing documents, the blue I have in my fountain pen is a bulletproof ink so it's almost impossible to wash away.

Before I got fountain pens I always used a gel pen just because they don't wear out your hand since no pressure is needed

Thanks
mreeveshp
I wish that my hand was steady enough to practice calligraphy. I would invest in the pens and inks if I could do it. If “ifs” and “but”s were candies and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

IMG_20181005_094135_copy_2610x3480.jpg

Little glimpse into my own/ink hobby lol. Old pic but gives a good idea. I have many more now, but gives a good idea lol

View attachment 1176221
Little glimpse into my own/ink hobby lol. Old pic but gives a good idea. I have many more now, but gives a good idea lol
Truly amazing, such a nice way to display everything, makes my 10 bottle collection look even smaller, so many colors and brands I'd like to get one day but very strict budget makes it very hard right now, dreams for later days I guess

Thanks
mreeveshp

I'm not in the fountain pen club, but I love me a Pilot G2.
Pilot g2 is one of the best and my favorite non fountain pens the uniball rollerball are pretty good too. I just wish I could find the g2 in .05 instead of .07, I like fine nibs better for my writing size. But the g2 is the pens o always have in my pocket

Thanks
mreeveshp

Top Bottom