What's new

New Baby On the Way

Why on earth would a doctor make your wife go through 16 hours of labor before a c-section? That is terrible. Unfortunately the recovery on a c-section is a bit longer.

We didn't know his head would not fit. He has a watermelon head from her side of the family and we did not know that although she has a nice curvy set of hips on the outside, the "exit" for him through her hips on the inside was a bit narrow. She had no complications in her pregnancy, so we had no reason to get her pelvis x-rayed I guess.

It really is a great birthing hospital, one of the better in the nation actually and they treated us great throughout the long experience.

We thought we could pop him out...just wasn't going to happen. Now we know for next time at least.

Besides, don't mothers love long labors so they can bring up up and hold it over their kid's head for the rest of their life? :biggrin: :lol:

Congratulations on your wee one !!!

Having been through a c-section myself before my biggest piece of advice is to prepare a week or two of meals (together) before the big day and freeze them. Especially if your not handy in the kitchen, that way you can serve some good healthy nutritious meals while your wife recovers without her help. Even if you can cook well this is still a good idea because there is so much going on that it's just one less task that needs to be done or thought about. Not only you have a new baby to care for but her body is recovering from major invasive surgery on top of it.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,

whispers..... and don't forget to post a picture of the wee one after the big event so we can ogle over your new daughter and congratulate you again.

GREAT idea. I'm doing this next time if I remember to. :cool:

GREAT idea. I'm doing this next time if I remember to. :cool:

I had good intentions of doing this with my last daughter but did not follow through. I plan to do so at the end of the month for an upcoming surgery. One other advantage it will have for me is that it will keep my mother in law away. :w00t:

We thought we could pop him out...just wasn't going to happen. Now we know for next time at least.

Besides, don't mothers love long labors so they can bring up up and hold it over their kid's head for the rest of their life? :biggrin: :lol:

Yeah I though that same falicy about popping the baby out. :mad: I have a couple horror stories to hold over both my daughters head's.

We didn't know his head would not fit. He has a watermelon head from her side of the family and we did not know that although she has a nice curvy set of hips on the outside, the "exit" for him through her hips on the inside was a bit narrow. She had no complications in her pregnancy, so we had no reason to get her pelvis x-rayed I guess.

For me it was my daughters shoulders. At 12 she still had the shoulders of a quarterback. (with pads on) In the OR, I had my dr and her med student and another dr and his med student and before the doctor could say "it's a girl" one of the med students blurted out "look at the size of the shoulders on her!" Least to say it's what memories are made of. But with her I was in labor for 22 hours before they decided to do an emergency c-section. The pain was off the charts by the time I got my spinal for surgery.

I just have to let everybody know. On Sep 15th my wife will have a C Section and a new addition to the family will be here, Lauren Grace Ford.

4 Kids and I am done.

That's great, Congrats!

My only pointer: If you're going to be the one in the OR with your wife for the C Section, bring a camera you can operate with one hand (you'll find out why)!

Last edited:
Congrats from one military man to another. I'm a father of 3 girls and my last daughter was born right here out on the Fens in our bed. It was wonderful and she is simply the light of our lives. Her birthday is sept 19th so if there is any delay for your good lady then they may very well share a birthday!
Best of luck to you all. :smile:

EDIT Lol just goes to show how one should always read down to the bottom of the page!!!

Congratulations on her safe arrival

Last edited:
Well done champ :001_smile. Being a father of 3 I know that you and your family is facing a busy time. Still cant help smiling when I see a picture of a beautiful newborn baby like the one you and your wife just had.

Top Bottom