What's new

New Baby On the Way

I just have to let everybody know. On Sep 15th my wife will have a C Section and a new addition to the family will be here, Lauren Grace Ford.

4 Kids and I am done.

Congratulations......

You've reached 4 or working on 4 ???? :tongue_sm

( Me...3 and stopped counting :tongue_sm )

Last edited:
I just have to let everybody know. On Sep 15th my wife will have a C Section and a new addition to the family will be here, Lauren Grace Ford.

4 Kids and I am done.

Congrats, the C-section is the way to go. After 16 hours of labor and 3 1/2 hours of pushing...they did one for my wife. Next kid, we're making an appointment for his birth day. :w00t:

Great name too. I love the traditional names instead of some of the strange "new" ones that sometimes include misspelling names to be unique.

Congratulations on your wee one !!!

Having been through a c-section myself before my biggest piece of advice is to prepare a week or two of meals (together) before the big day and freeze them. Especially if your not handy in the kitchen, that way you can serve some good healthy nutritious meals while your wife recovers without her help. Even if you can cook well this is still a good idea because there is so much going on that it's just one less task that needs to be done or thought about. Not only you have a new baby to care for but her body is recovering from major invasive surgery on top of it.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,

whispers..... and don't forget to post a picture of the wee one after the big event so we can ogle over your new daughter and congratulate you again.

Congrats, the C-section is the way to go. After 16 hours of labor and 3 1/2 hours of pushing...they did one for my wife. Next kid, we're making an appointment for his birth day. :w00t:

Why on earth would a doctor make your wife go through 16 hours of labor before a c-section? That is terrible. Unfortunately the recovery on a c-section is a bit longer.

Thanks everybody for the kind remarks. Being in the military these are all "deployment" babies. We'll see what happens in 2011:biggrin:

Pics will come.

Great idea about the food. Plus my parents are visiting us so that will be a big help.

Top Bottom