What's new

Netflix...Best Current Shows & Why You Like Them?

We just started Better Than Us on NFLX. Russian Netflix original series about AI 'bots', similar to Humans if you're familiar with that series (AMC). Still early in the series but seems interesting so far.

Watched E1 yesterday, I will continue for now. Seems to be heading somewhere that could be darker than Humans, but we'll see.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
One I can highly recommend on Netflix is Wentworth. My wife just finished binging the 7 seasons that are available and apparently season 8 is on its way.

I'll be starting season 4 tonight. I'm really enjoying it. Theres a whole bunch of different kinds of crazy in that show, but this one has em all beat, so far lol.

uktv-wentworth-prison-pamela-rabe-01.jpg

Scary to think such personalities hold positions of power like that character does.

I'll be starting season 4 tonight. I'm really enjoying it. Theres a whole bunch of different kinds of crazy in that show, but this one has em all beat, so far lol.

View attachment 1012100

Scary to think such personalities hold positions of power like that character does.

Oh yeah. Now you’ve gotten to where it gets good.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

For an amazing story about commercial saturation diving on oil rigs in the North Sea watch “Last Breath”. This is an amazing unforgettable true story even if you are not into diving.

Into the second season of "Dark", and stuff is starting to pick up.
I may have to go back and watch the first few episodes of season one again, because how some people are related to others is important.
And there's time travel happening, so it's even more confusing as far as true identities are concerned.

Watched the last episode of Euphoria last night. That was one intense TV series. Love the show or not, pretty amazing TV. An intense drama ends with a dance number. I do not think I am giving too much away!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I watched this the other night. Its worth a watch.

Oh yeah. Now you’ve gotten to where it gets good.

I finished season 7 last night. They couldnt possibly end it there. No wonder there was such an uproar about ending it lol.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Into the second season of "Dark", and stuff is starting to pick up.
I may have to go back and watch the first few episodes of season one again, because how some people are related to others is important.
And there's time travel happening, so it's even more confusing as far as true identities are concerned.

You talked me into it. I watched season 1 last year but remember very little of it so I'll start both seasons again.

Thanks for the tip re Dark. Started watching Better Than Us last night. Based on one episode, it looks great.

One reviewer said "if you liked Humans, you will like this." That seems about right so far. I am not sure I loved Humans toward the end, but I sure liked it in the beginning.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Dark is pretty good but it can be confusing through season 1. I had a hard time following who was when lol. Solid well made show and I cant find any complaints with it. I have 8 episodes of season 2 left to go then its on to this.

A joint European and American production from Canal+ and the makers of Homeland. It looks pretty good.

I havent liked him in anything lol. In this however, he might be the perfect actor for the part.

The transformation in E1, while in part due to very subtle make-up changes, was also about a change in body carriage, and it was stunning in it's subtlety.

I tend to think of Sacha Baron Cohen as a Tom Green-like phenomena. I do not know which of the two that is more insulting to. (I think Green may be the nicer guy, by a lot. I sense an underlying meanness in Cohen, and maybe arrogance.)

But I suppose I would be happy for either of them to show great dramatic acting chops.

Just finished E3 . . . he is quite good. Not quite the reversal in performance of, say, Robin Williams in Insomnia or 24 Hour Photo, but it is somewhat of a revelation how good he is.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The transformation in E1, while in part due to very subtle make-up changes, was also about a change in body carriage, and it was stunning in it's subtlety.

I'll be starting it tonight.

But I suppose I would be happy for either of them to show great dramatic acting chops.

Thats what I'm expecting of him.

Just finished E3 . . . he is quite good. Not quite the reversal in performance of, say, Robin Williams in Insomnia or 24 Hour Photo, but it is somewhat of a revelation how good he is.

The one that got me was Adam Sandler. We're use to seeing him portraying well, an idiot lol, and he's quite good at it. Then I watched this and found a new respect for him.

He is simply fantastic in that movie. I also think he would have been great in a movie about Bob Dylan, he sure has Dylan's frazzled look in that movie and I believe he also has the talent.

I'll be starting it tonight.

Thats what I'm expecting of him.

The one that got me was Adam Sandler. We're use to seeing him portraying well, an idiot lol, and he's quite good at it. Then I watched this and found a new respect for him.

He is simply fantastic in that movie. I also think he would have been great in a movie about Bob Dylan, he sure has Dylan's frazzled look in that movie and I believe he also has the talent.

Sandler was good in Punch Drunk love, I thought.

Top Bottom