What's new

Need Help With Blood

I just shaved and took about a 1cm x 1cm chunk of flesh out of my chin. Can I use the styptic pencil? Pain isn't an issue. I'll sure look funny in my 2:00 class today. Better grow a goatee. Should I just keep TP on it and see if bleeding will stop? I'm going to have the worst scab.

I had blood all over the sink area, dripping down my chest... EVERYWHERE.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

THANKS!!!!

Wow!!! Sounds like a good/bad one. A styptic pencil can help, but it will make you cry on such a big gash. I would put a triple antibiotic and band aid. Toilet Paper (TP) will create a clot and stop bleeding, but you will have to take it off before class and then bleeding will reoccur. TP only suggested for small nick, which styptic pencil is better.

Wow!!! Sounds like a good/bad one. A styptic pencil can help, but it will make you cry on such a big gash. I would put a triple antibiotic and band aid.

I wish I had band-aids. ;.; I think my roommate said he might have some around.... Or band-aids. I could probably make it to Rite Aid and get something like that. Thanks!

I wish I had band-aids. ;.; I think my roommate said he might have some around.... Or band-aids. I could probably make it to Rite Aid and get something like that. Thanks!

Two words - liquid skin (often sold under the New Skin brand). Once the bleeding stops/slows, you can put this on, it will shine a bit, but better than a band-aid.

Oh yeah, its going to hurt like hellfire when you put it on:biggrin:

Two words - liquid skin (often sold under the New Skin brand). Once the bleeding stops/slows, you can put this on, it will shine a bit, but better than a band-aid.

The styptic actually didn't burn any more than a normal nick, and after the initial sting, I could rub it all over it and not even feel it. I thought of that New Skin stuff, off to go get it now. Thanks for the help.

I was thinking of this, but never tried it myself, so had no idea if it would work well. Also, not knowing how bad, the 1x1cm, gash was profusely bleeding, it was hard to know if liquid skin might contain it.

The styptic pencil stopped the bleeding mostly, and the part that was leaking stopped on its own, but it was ugly. Warm water got that off and I dried it and used New Skin. That combined with my industrial fan, I think, are keeping the situation under control. I'll report back after 6. Thanks so much.

Superglue also works well (basically the same thing as liquid skin)... just don't get either one in your eye.

NewSkin and Super glue- Man's best friend- just make sure you get a good flow before you apply- just to make sure you don't get an infection later on-

I shave with a Vision, Slant, and a Feather A/C (not all at the same time:biggrin: )
and have been where you are now-

Be careful when you shave for the next several days.

Superglue also works well (basically the same thing as liquid skin)... just don't get either one in your eye.

I use superglue for cuts that I can squeeze together to mend. I don't use it for open wounds like this. Superglue is great for cuts.

Be careful when you shave for the next several days.

I bought about 20 cans of Brut shaving cream and shaving gel, then switched to the brush and soap. Now it would only be appropriate for me to give up shaving after buying 16 Mama Bear soaps. :biggrin:

I wonder if this will scar. I'm about to head out and get some Neosporin to reduce scarring and to speed up healing.

In my two o' clock class today, all I kept thinking about is how I wish I were married, because if this leaves a nasty scar, I'm going to be uglier, and once you're married, you don't have to look good. But being single, I'd still want to try to look half decent.

Oh, I took out my blade to change it, and there's the nice chunk of me on the underside of it.

Sends chills down my spine.
So, what exactly happened?? Someone bump you? Did you slip in the bathroom floor?

I just wasn't paying attention. I never knew they could cut you that bad. "Safety" razor and all. Now I know what it means when you read that you need to respect the razor...... But it's an HD!!!!!! I was just rounding up my chin from underneath, and once I got to the part on the front of the face, I felt a little resistance, and back when I used a Fusion, resistance was stubble, so I kept going, and then I saw in the mirror that I had a chunk missing. I thought "oh my god," and then worked on some stubble on my neck-meets-chin area. Then rinsed, put a wad of toilet paper on it, and came in to ask the B&B medics what I should do.

Styptic pencils work wonders, and I'm surprised I never heard of them before wet shaving. You'd think they'd be common in first aid kits....:confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe they are; I don't know.

So, yeah, I guess I just wasn't paying attention. The lather was good. I was using Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint. The lather on my first two passes wasn't good; It was just very faint bubbles by the end of my pass, so I squeezed all the lather from the brush, ran it around in the soap a little more, then ran it around the bowl for a bit, until the lather got nice and rich.

I need to work on my technique. Oh, and I told my brother-in-law this story (well, linked him to this thread), and he's scared. I just ordered him everything for wet shaving, and the packages are just now coming in. People at his work are telling him "you're going to kill yourself!" and he's all "uh... it's called a safety razor." But I told him how I'm pretty sure it was the blade angle I had wrong, and I used my wrist to shave instead of my whole arm. I don't really know what I was thinking. I need to pay better attention.

I'm almost afraid to shave again! :scared:

In my two o' clock class today, all I kept thinking about is how I wish I were married, because if this leaves a nasty scar, I'm going to be uglier, and once you're married, you don't have to look good. But being single, I'd still want to try to look half decent.

Oh, I took out my blade to change it, and there's the nice chunk of me on the underside of it.

Ah, just make up a good story about how you got the scar. Make it way over the top so it'll be believable.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Live that philosophy at your peril! If you let yourself go, she does one of two things ... lets herself go too, or lets herself go looking ... :scared: You don't want either ...

Oh, back to the topic at hand ... dude, that's not shaving, that's surgery. :scared: :scared: Treat it as such ... bandage and all.

I just wasn't paying attention. I never knew they could cut you that bad. "Safety" razor and all. Now I know what it means when you read that you need to respect the razor...... But it's an HD!!!!!! I was just rounding up my chin from underneath, and once I got to the part on the front of the face, I felt a little resistance, and back when I used a Fusion, resistance was stubble, so I kept going, and then I saw in the mirror that I had a chunk missing. I thought "oh my god," and then worked on some stubble on my neck-meets-chin area. Then rinsed, put a wad of toilet paper on it, and came in to ask the B&B medics what I should do.

Styptic pencils work wonders, and I'm surprised I never heard of them before wet shaving. You'd think they'd be common in first aid kits....:confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe they are; I don't know.

So, yeah, I guess I just wasn't paying attention. The lather was good. I was using Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint. The lather on my first two passes wasn't good; It was just very faint bubbles by the end of my pass, so I squeezed all the lather from the brush, ran it around in the soap a little more, then ran it around the bowl for a bit, until the lather got nice and rich.

I need to work on my technique. Oh, and I told my brother-in-law this story (well, linked him to this thread), and he's scared. I just ordered him everything for wet shaving, and the packages are just now coming in. People at his work are telling him "you're going to kill yourself!" and he's all "uh... it's called a safety razor." But I told him how I'm pretty sure it was the blade angle I had wrong, and I used my wrist to shave instead of my whole arm. I don't really know what I was thinking. I need to pay better attention.

I'm almost afraid to shave again! :scared:

You've done probably the worst you can and you lived and it doesn't sound like it was really that bad so get back on the horse and be careful.

Tell every one its from a Wilkinson Sword, but what ever you do don't tell them it was from a Feather.

Top Bottom