What's new

Not the way to remove a mole.

I have had a mole on my face for my whole entire life same spot for some strange reason I shaved it off today. In a hurry not paying attention and swack! Blood everywhere styptic pencil not even helped alum block pathetic tissue paper nope. 4x4 gauze and medical tape. First time ever I had to bust out a first aid kit because of shaving. Removed about something the size of the circumference of a number 2 pencil eraser not like it was a bump on my face it always laid flat. Like I said nothing worked other then gauze to stop the bleeding. My wife said that I looked like my throat was cut with the blood that came down my face. So be careful if you have moles on your face

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Does Cindy still have her mole? I haven't seen a recent pic. :)

cindy-crawford-1521661722.jpg

Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

I worry about doing things like that myself. I've had somewhat similar accidents at times, but not quite like that. I could easily see it happening though.

I have had a mole on my face for my whole entire life same spot for some strange reason I shaved it off today. In a hurry not paying attention and swack! Blood everywhere styptic pencil not even helped alum block pathetic tissue paper nope. 4x4 gauze and medical tape. First time ever I had to bust out a first aid kit because of shaving. Removed about something the size of the circumference of a number 2 pencil eraser not like it was a bump on my face it always laid flat. Like I said nothing worked other then gauze to stop the bleeding. My wife said that I looked like my throat was cut with the blood that came down my face. So be careful if you have moles on your face
I hope you heal up quickly! I have not tackled a mole yet, but I have had success with in-grown hairs, and blemishes!

Neosporin is really falling out of favor. Lots of people have a skin reaction to the Neomycin in it. The more you use, the worse the reaction.

It's funny, I got bit by the neighbors dog last month and the Dr insisted on Neosporin. But my dermatologist is adamant about using only Polysporin.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It's funny, I got bit by the neighbors dog last month and the Dr insisted on Neosporin. But my dermatologist is adamant about using only Polysporin.
If you’ve ever had redness and itchiness around a wound that you put NeoSporin on that’s a skin reaction. Redness and itchiness is not, as we used to say, a sign that the wound is healing.

it is hard to predict to me if a mole is going to catch a edge. any tips? The last time for me was skipping my usual Noxzema preshave.
matt

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I feel (some of) your pain. Just this very morning I zapped a scar that I usually go right over with no problems. About twice a year it grows just enough to encounter the blade. It's worse with any razor that has a Jaws plate on it because of the wide spacing. I'm good for another six months now...

O.H.

I feel (some of) your pain. Just this very morning I zapped a scar that I usually go right over with no problems. About twice a year it grows just enough to encounter the blade. It's worse with any razor that has a Jaws plate on it because of the wide spacing. I'm good for another six months now...

O.H.
I know where it’s at I just got in a hurry. Today shaved just fine.

Top Bottom