What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector

Well, I did receive an order form in the mail and I received an order confirmation email about 8 days ago. Still waiting to receive the razor though. Hopefully soon.

I also received the order form relatively quickly and then an email confirming the transaction on 7/31...having not received it yet I sent an email to the person it said I should contact to see if there were any tracking info etc...no response yet. Obviously the service is shotty and this would be a one time order from them anyway...however if I don't get a razor or a response, then I guess the Credit Card Company is getting a call...

I can say there is no (acceptable) excuse for poor customer service, but when you are swamped by orders and happen to be the only show in town, it is a fact of life whether we (the customers) like it or not. I had placed my order several weeks before the "Breaking News" struck and did not get to enjoy the savings of the group buy. (see GENERAL Forum for INJECTOR LOVERS thread). That was too bad, BUT I am getting to feed my shaving obsession(s) by using the injectors now. I have ingeniously even found a way to spend additional funds on twin injector blades! :tongue_sm
Thus far I have some reasonably objective performance information on the Type M(3) and the Type O, though it is really a bit premature for any final decisions on giving up my DEs (fat chance!).
So what does this have to do with clarity? Just this, if you wish to experience an injector razor with all of its various foibles and fortes, get over your petulence and order one. Remember you are buying a $15 razor, not a $25 or $30 or $50 or $100 razor. Aside from some misinformation resulting from prototype experiences, you are probably getting more than your moneys worth when you consider you are buying a niche product from the standpoint of fit and finish. Having used numerous Schick injector razors over the years and recalling their performance very clearly, these razors are neither better nor worse than their predecessors. I must admit though, I was overjoyed at the opportunity to use a model that had only been available in the Japanese domestic market to see how well or poorly it performed. Remembering the differences in hirsuteness twixt occidentals and (politically correct turned on) Asians (politically correct turned off-formerly known as orientals), I wondered if this was going to be a girly boy excuse (Thank you Arnold) for a shrub-buster. Now I know.

Now with that said, if the savings of the group buy are of primary importance to you and you are unable to avail yourself of them, forget about it and enjoy the first day of the rest of your life. Your priority was a bargain, not an experience. If you can get past that, and are still interested in the experience, trudge on. It's really a fun experience to go back to the past and evaluate the performance of these tools.

For those of you overseas, there are many firms that find the costs of doing business with both customs and (unique) import - export controls too high to warrant the effort. While I believe that they are foolish and should learn to extract their pound of flesh, just like their overseas counterparts, that's their business! Get over it. I would love to relate the horror story of trying to purchase C & E Atkinsons shave cream to you some time, just to assuage your fears that it is only unskilled US firms that can not handle these (unsurmountable?) hurdles.

Please don't take this as a lecture (HAH!), but my Whinge-O-Meter has gone off scale.

Ron,

I'm sorry but I am going to take exception to your post. It is not about saving a few pennies, it has to do with (a) an implied commitment to actually do something, and (b) some minimum level of customer service. Had the outcome of the group buy been "please call us and we'll take care of you" it would be one thing. The request to me was to send an e-mail to an individual. I did as I was asked (several times), and was ignored. To me, this is not acceptable. Sure I could have taken time out of my busy schedule to call them, explain the situation, etc., but that was not the original expectation, and I am a busy guy (but not too busy to reply to this thread :wink: ). I am free to choose who to do business with based on the level of customer service I expect. If your expectations are different, good for you, but that doesn't invalidate my particular opinion. Likewise, a simple note from the company to our international friends to the effect of "we are not going to ship overseas, thank you for your interest" would have been a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Ignoring customers wanting to do business with you? Not my idea of customer service, regardless of the company's size.

<steps of soapbox>

Scotto said:
Ron,

I'm sorry but I am going to take exception to your post. It is not about saving a few pennies, it has to do with (a) an implied commitment to actually do something, and (b) some minimum level of customer service. Had the outcome of the group buy been "please call us and we'll take care of you" it would be one thing. The request to me was to send an e-mail to an individual. I did as I was asked (several times), and was ignored. To me, this is not acceptable. Sure I could have taken time out of my busy schedule to call them, explain the situation, etc., but that was not the original expectation, and I am a busy guy (but not too busy to reply to this thread :wink: ). I am free to choose who to do business with based on the level of customer service I expect. If your expectations are different, good for you, but that doesn't invalidate my particular opinion. Likewise, a simple note from the company to our international friends to the effect of "we are not going to ship overseas, thank you for your interest" would have been a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Ignoring customers wanting to do business with you? Not my idea of customer service, regardless of the company's size.

<steps of soapbox>
Obviously you failed to read my first line as it seems you still don't "GET IT." Here it is one more time:
Me said:
I can say there is no (acceptable) excuse for poor customer service, but when you are swamped by orders and happen to be the only show in town, it is a fact of life whether we (the customers) like it or not.

Take any and all the exceptions that you will, but first read the TOP line. My post had little to do with "saving a few pennies." It APPEARS to be really very simple. If you want the razor(s), trudge on. If you want to complain, read the top line.
I am sure your disappointment is real, especially from reading your posts:
I hope these things blow, since the damn company never replied to any of my e-mails. So much for a group buy.
and:
After several e-mails and weeks went by with no response whatsoever, my last note (titled something to the effect of "Do you want my business or not?") finally elicited a response. What was it? "You can order from our website". No mention of the group buy, etc.

No thanks. If I have to beg a company to take my money, I have a problem with that. Maybe I am spoiled by the great service I get from most of the shaving businesses I deal with.

I feel sorry to see that you are going to miss out on an opportunity to experience these razors.

Ron,

I think you are doing a fine job throwing up a smoke screen. You say there is no excuse for poor customer service, then proceed to make excuses for the company. There may be perfectly valid reasons why they don't respond to e-mails, despite the fact that they request people send them e-mails to begin with; so be it. They'll live with the consequences, and that is their prerogative.

Sure, I have lots of money to burn. I could easily call up and buy from them without worrying about the discount. For me, it is about the principle of the thing. If they are having a problem holding up their end of the bargain, then I take exception to that, and I can choose to withhold my business. Maybe I am missing out on the best thing since sliced bread, but I am not worried about it. I am not a guy to withhold much of anything from myself, especially when it comes to shaving stuff, but when it comes to poor customer service I choose to hold the line.

'nuff said.

Scotto said:
Ron,

I think you are doing a fine job throwing up a smoke screen. You say there is no excuse for poor customer service, then proceed to make excuses for the company. There may be perfectly valid reasons why they don't respond to e-mails, despite the fact that they request people send them e-mails to begin with; so be it. They'll live with the consequences, and that is their prerogative.

Sure, I have lots of money to burn. I could easily call up and buy from them without worrying about the discount. For me, it is about the principle of the thing. If they are having a problem holding up their end of the bargain, then I take exception to that, and I can choose to withhold my business. Maybe I am missing out on the best thing since sliced bread, but I am not worried about it. I am not a guy to withhold much of anything from myself, especially when it comes to shaving stuff, but when it comes to poor customer service I choose to hold the line.

'nuff said.
Sorry Scotto that you feel that its enough said. Smoke screen?:spockflam I must be missing it along with the excuses.:a39: I can still stand by my post, it's just an unfortunate fact of life.

My comment is directly pointed at NWC:

I think that it's a shame that Joel went to bat for these people and their product and that they have not held up their end of the deal. I'm sure their mailbox exploded with orders as I've noticed there was quite a bit of interest in these razors. So Joel and we the members of B&B delivered! Come on NWC where you at?!!!

I got the order form and sent out a check for 3 razors and blades. For a grand total of approximately $55ish. I've not seen or heard from anyone from NWC. I'm giving them until saturday and then if nothing comes of it I'm cancelling my payment. I got a bit weirded out after I realized there was no tracking #'s sent to me for my order. Or an expanation for the delay. They have my e-mail and info.

For the record someone just stopped into my office with a box from Nationwide...

After inspection the razor looks just fine...and the blades are the new ones...so this will be my first experience with an injector.

When I made my first email to the individual I was on detachment, and had to jump through hoops even to get a non-government email through so I could check back. I simply mentioned the group buy as requested, gave my home address, and my email address.
I received no response.
My second email went to them while I was onboard one of our ships, at sea. Again, hoops were jumped. No response.
I am now home, and it has been a few weeks now...and have neither received a response email NOR the promised order form.
A phone call to the company in the above situations, simply was not going to happen. Neither was it a requirement of the group buy.
I'd be happy to get ANY response, let alone the promised order form.
Ron, feel free to laugh at mine and other's plight, but fact is just because you received your form AND your razors does not make it right that those of us that NWC chose for whatever reason to ignore...should just accept that they should go buy one for full price.
That isn't how things should work.
An email and an order form is not too much to ask; and NWC may be the ones with the razor right now, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Xia-Xiang holdings in Guangxiou provence or whoever the maker really is, will be offering their wares elsewhere, also....
John P.

Ron was not part of the group buy, which is his point. In any case, my intention was not to start a long diatribe about NWC business practices, just to state my position on customer service. Let's not let this thread degenerate any more; those who got their stuff should be happy, and those who didn't can choose from a variety of different actions.

Personally I don't see any problem with expressing individual experiences with a vendor. Be it good or bad. I don't agree with making blanket statements or soap box pontifications. For instance, yada yada sucks or whatchamacallit is the worst. I don't see anything wrong with posting about the frustrations the group maybe having in getting good customer service.

By posting individual experiences with a vender, we (the member of this forum) can learn, albeit vicariously, how certain vendors operate. I, personally, take these observations as a valuable tool in my decision making process. I can understand why Scotto is so upset/angry. Having bought samples from him (and from everyone I have purchased from on this board), he ensures timely and adequate delivery. He only expects what he is willing to give, and I respect that. It is tough to deal with a company, swamped or not, that is not working up to a standard you hold. I too would be upset. I will forgo purchasing this particular razor and dealing with this company because of the way they appeared to handle the group buy. I can do without or pay more on Ebay, and I would be willing to pay more too, to prove a point.

An example of what I expect based on what I give: My wife and I purchased some products at the local C&E store. One of the "body butter" creams my wife bought was mistakenly left on the counter, or some way did not make it into the bag of products. We discovered this after we got home. The store was closed, then with work and school commitments we did not have an opportunity to call the store and work this out. When we got home tonight we had a package waiting for us. It was the missing cream, sent on the store's dime, with an apology card. The sales girl did not have to do that. We had not even called them yet to arrange for anything. That type of customer service will keep me coming back.

Just my 2 cents,

Darren

Mine came in today as well. I ordered one adjustable just for the hell of it, and on first inspection, it seems just as solid and well built as the fixed heads. I haven't used them yet. I'll of course, report tonight when I do.

Top Bottom