What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector

rtaylor61 said:
Anybody care to actually return to the topic and discuss their experience with the new injector?

Randy (nationally recognized and world famous for taking threads off topic!)

Why, yes Randy! I have used the Nationwide Campus Type "O" for the last two days with a Schick blade from Nationwide Campus.
First to dispell some of the disinformation that has been put onto the web, it's build quality is very good, perhaps even better than one would expect from a $14 or $15 razor. Oh, and by the bye, the same is also true for the Type "M." I was pleasantly surprised to see no nasty stamping marks, etc. on either. The adjustable moves the safety bar quite nicely, but more on that in some other post or perhaps on another forum where everyone was not put off of an adjustable.
Wishing to test the razor under varying conditions, yesterday I used Taylor of Old BS Avocado and today Greenpond Hard (glycerin) Soap (quite nice) for the lubrication and beard softening. Having never used this particular model before, I set out to determine how good or bad it is with the Four-pass. Despite the nifty Japanese Market style (quite spiffy), it shaved much the same as the fixed-head models I used in the past. That is neither good nor bad, merely an observation. Years ago I had a Schick S(h)tick, an Olympics celebratory model (white handle with red and blue stripe), a yellow cylindrical plastic, a black plastic (two or three different configurations-cylindrical and flattened), and my good ol' Type "E3." Well, they provided consistently good B or B+ shaves, and with appropriate care I avoided too many ingrowns on my neck. I must admit that it was a reasonably good shave and was (for many years) under conditions created by using canned foam with the bare minimum of prep. This new Type "O" thusfar has provided B+ or A- shaves. It does have an advantage over it's forefathers of attacking my shrub after better prep and lube with a good cream or soap. As I have said, this was not always the case in the past. I am going to use this one for a week or until the blade gives up, whichever comes first, at which point I will shift to the adjustable.
While mentioning the historical performance of the Schick injectors, I shifted to an TRAC II (non-pivoting head, twin blade cartridge) after my ancient Schick adjustable broke when I was loading it with a twin blade injector. I had used these for several years, and if memory serves, they were the end of the ingrowns on my neck. Yes, I was able to get a passably clean shave purely with the grain on my neck using the twin blade that I could not get with the single. Strange, that incident put me on the downhill slide to cartridge razors.:sad:

rtaylor61 said:
Thanks Ron. Nice to hear an opinion! I also used an Atra, but mine is a pivoting head.

Randy
Then it probably was called a TRAC II. See what happens when you shave too much? It makes you... Now what were we talking about?:lol:

I was patiently awaiting more results and opinions on the new injector. I want to try one, but really enjoy my DE (Futur). I don't know if I will like or even want to continue to shave with an injector but, again, would like to try. For $15, one really can't go wrong either (after spending mucho dollars on other stuff such as creams, lotions, soaps, brushes, etc).

How was nationwide to deal with? Customer service? Looks like Scotto had an issue with service, anyone else? If I am going to do this, I need to ensure that I get what I order so SWMBO does not catch wind of this, I mean does not realize, I mean, well, you know ......:blushing:

So guys, give us more thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren

guenron said:
Then it probably was called a TRAC II. See what happens when you shave too much? It makes you... Now what were we talking about?:lol:

No, I have a Trac II and they are different. The Trac II blade slides on from the side. The Atra blades "clip" on. Also, the case says Atra and it uses Atra blades.

Like this one...http://tinyurl.com/jzvcd

Randy

The UPS gods just delivered my NWC package: fixed injector, adjustable injector, and a very inexpensive DE they advertise on their site. First, visual impressions: the injectors look reasonably well-made, no obvious flaws. Both are heavier than they look (to me). The DE is a 3-peice "Lord" brand, made in Egypt. It doesn't look terribly well-made, but for way under $10, I wasn't expecting a Merkur. I think I'll try the fixed injector tomorrow.

--Mark

Just got mine too (after a WEEK of no computer - this is a double WIN).

I'm pleased thus far... We'll see in the morning. :biggrin:

Just got back from detachment, and SO far have not got any replies to any of my emails, nor have I received the special order form in the mail....which concerns me, now that people are actually receiving theirs already...
they seem like a good deal, though.
John P

First, I want to say "Thank You" to JOEL for putting this NWC group buy together. I'm sure a lot of work went into the project, and he should be commended for it and his Accurate review. I bought this stuff never having used an injector, on blind faith based on Joel's review.

This Fixed Injector is well done, there are no imperfections whatsoever. It has a very modern look to it, with the rubberized grip...a welcome change from my other razors (DE's). Loading the blade was a cinch, and I haven't even held an injector before let alone load one. (I did see ron's pictorial though)

I haven't shaved with it yet, I'll report back on that later. I'm still quite clean from my 4-pass earlier today with the Progress opened up and loaded with a Feather.

What stand will hold this injector?

My regret...I didn't buy more fixed razors and some adjustables, more blades.

btw - I did not get a "we're processing your order" e-mail. Anyhow, with the huge amount of orders they received all at once, there is bound to be some delays/mishaps. So if you are still waiting on your stuff, keep the faith.

John I'm with you,
every email I've sent to them has seemed as if it dropped into a black hole, never to be seen again....
I've neither recieved the "special" order form for our group buy, nor any responses to any of my emails.
frustrating, now that I know some have already received their razors, let alone the order forms...
Still, hurry up and wait....
John P.

javyn said:
I'm still waiting...and starting to get a little concerned.

I agree....obviously they are not interested in overseas business. I have had no reply to any email:frown: As someone who was previously in Sales.....they have missed an opportunity. Really wanted one.......but it is not worth all the hassle..

Brian

I found them quite responsive if you simply call them up and place an order.

I can only assume the website would be an easy way to go also.

You miss out on the group deal but as an international it isn't a big difference anyways and they are still cheap.

geoff said:
I
You miss out on the group deal but as an international it isn't a big difference anyways and they are still cheap.

Agree to an extent..... but good manners would have resulted in at least a reply.
If thy cant be bothered to be mannerly....they have lost my business. I would have bought if I had had a reply. I have enough DE Blades and Razors to last me for many years. NWC have done nothing to encourage me to move elsewhere.

Brian

I think it is irrelevant where you live.
I live here in the USA, emailed in for the group buy like no doubt everyone here did, and not only have not received any order forms in the mail, but have also not received any responses to my emails (both ones sent months ago, when we first learned they were considering this, as well as the group buy email, which, like everyone else's, were sent some days ago).

I do not believe it too much to ask that a company honor its agreements. NWC agreed to our "group buy" and we were all given instructions on who to email in order to receive our "special" order forms. While I live here in the USA, I think that is irrelevant. If a member emails the person at NWC we were instructed to, that person should have been sent their order form, regardless of what country he or she lives in.
It is the principle of the thing.

Originally I just thought maybe they were slow. Now that I know some have not only received their forms, but ordered, recieved, and even had time to form opinions about said razors...
I am convinced it is simply pathetic customer service.
Had it been just me, I could see it being an oversight. Since it is not, and seems to be a trend, well, in my opinion that tells the tale far better than I can.
John P.

After several e-mails and weeks went by with no response whatsoever, my last note (titled something to the effect of "Do you want my business or not?") finally elicited a response. What was it? "You can order from our website". No mention of the group buy, etc.

No thanks. If I have to beg a company to take my money, I have a problem with that. Maybe I am spoiled by the great service I get from most of the shaving businesses I deal with.

Top Bottom