What's new

Name me some aggressive razors at reasonable prices pls

How does the merkur futur on the higher settings compare to the muhle r41? Aggressiveness wise that is

If you're willing to consider single edge razors, the GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC) can be purchased inexpensively on the BST or on sites like ebay or etsy. I put it in the same general category with regard to efficiency and effectiveness as the Dart, Yaqi Aggressive Slant and Fatip open comb slant. Also, in the AC single edge family is Classic Shaving's Enoch razor. It doesn't get much press around here, and blade loading is quite fiddly, but it's also in that same category as the ones I previously mentioned. I used mine this morning, and it is smooth and extremely efficient, but it has less blade feel than many of those others.

I just got a fatip Noce open comb at small flower . $23 including shipping. It aggressive ,gives a good shave. The noce is a walnut handle. Other stores they go for $41 to $47.Great razor and a great price. If you go for it make sure its open comb

A shim or five...
Used blades, cost $0
Used credit card or other piece of plastic, cost $0

Then you can have something much more moderate the rest of the time by just taking the shims out.

I jest but... Unless you want to use something aggressive on a very regular basis, I wouldn't want to be shelling much out for it - I'm fine with Fatips, Old Types etc, don't really want or need much more than that.

I guess this conversation isn't really about me 😂

i wanted to ask is an ac razor sayfor example the razorock hawk v2 with the feather super professional ac blade more sharper and aggressive then say a muhle r41 with a feather de blade?

i know it could be down to personal preference and YMMV but was wanting to hear thoughts of anyone whos tried both

i havent tried an ac razor so really want to try them out and being a head shaver i like the fact its got a bit of a wider head so has more coverage

i wanted to ask is an ac razor sayfor example the razorock hawk v2 with the feather super professional ac blade more sharper and aggressive then say a muhle r41 with a feather de blade?

i know it could be down to personal preference and YMMV but was wanting to hear thoughts of anyone whos tried both

i havent tried an ac razor so really want to try them out and being a head shaver i like the fact its got a bit of a wider head so has more coverage

I believe the AC blades are indeed sharper than the standard Feather DE blades, but I wouldn't say the Hawk is more aggressive. I find the Hawks very efficient but also very smooth and I don't feel like one false move will cut me, whereas the R41 definitely has that feel IMO.

I believe the AC blades are indeed sharper than the standard Feather DE blades, but I wouldn't say the Hawk is more aggressive. I find the Hawks very efficient but also very smooth and I don't feel like one false move will cut me, whereas the R41 definitely has that feel IMO.

I don't find the Aluminum Hawk anywhere close to the same efficiency as the R41. I would put it at Medium level, just a bit above if you're using a Feather Pro Super blade.

I don't find the Aluminum Hawk anywhere close to the same efficiency as the R41. I would put it at Medium level, just a bit above if you're using a Feather Pro Super blade.

I should have mentioned I was referring to the Hawk V3 SS version, I'm not familiar with the aluminum version, but it should be less efficient due to the lighter weight. I would put the SS version fairly high on efficiency, but it's not at the R41 level either, but aggressive feel is much lower than the R41.

Definitely not.

AC blades are tick and rigid, the Pro Super being regarded as the most aggressive of all. Therefore, an AC razor will provid a very different shave.

That said, Hawk is a mild razor and loaded with Feather Pro Super, it will give you close, mild and efficient shave.

The R41 is an aggressive razor with significant blade chatter and so it will give you a close, aggressive and efficient shave.

The R41 with Feather yellow DE blades was my very first DE. I basically re-learned wet-shaving with it. That said, I never use it. I sometimes use my Hawk (v3-SB), but prefer the Vector.

Hope that helps.

has anyone actually used all three of these razor, ikon tech, muhle r41 and the dscosmetic z0, which did you find the most aggressive?

obviously i know YMMV but i want to hear the general consensus

Yuma ($3-9), very aggressive; Gillette Slim ($15-25) on setting 9 is quite aggressive; Schick E-1 or 2 ($15-25) also quite aggressive; Assured TTO ($1), very aggressive. All are wonderful razors

A slant bar hands down! Merkur 37C or 39C are two that come to mind. There are also several other slant bar choices out there from other makers.

has anyone actually used all three of these razor, ikon tech, muhle r41 and the dscosmetic z0, which did you find the most aggressive?

obviously i know YMMV but i want to hear the general consensus
I have all three of these. Assuming we are talking the 2013 R41, my personal opinion is that the Ikon Tek is probably the most aggressive of the three and the R41 is the least by just a hair behind the Z0.

Sorry but I still don’t get it, do you want a more effective razor (Tek) or one that has a higher probability of cutting you (R41)? These two features are not necessarily
going hand in hand.
So, I have a slightly different take on these two razors. I have found the Tek more likely to bite me than the R41. I do think the Tek is more effective than the 2013 R41 though.

Top Bottom