What's new

Name me some aggressive razors at reasonable prices pls

yea seen those rex ambassador razors the other day on ebay uk, between roughly £100-£200 price range but dont know anything about them,
on a side note how does the rex ambassador compare to the pearl flexi adjustable razor?
they really remind me of each other,
ohhh ye ai dont know anything about the pearl flexi too lol

what do you mean by bst? sorry to sound daft
Never tried the pearl. BST is buy sell trade, used market

Fayiz D.

Reactions: saj
For a stainless steel razor, you can get a RR Lupo .95 in your price range, or if you want a really inexpensive aggressive razor you can try the Rapira razor, which is probably under £5, has a plastic handle and Zamac head but is super aggressive and will bite.
funn you should say that just seen a lupo on ebay uk

can you post a link or image of that rapira razor please? not heard of it before thanks

Another vote for the $20 Fatip Grande. Same blade exposure as a R41, but made of solid brass rather than zamak.

My R41 is not my most aggressive razor by a long shot, but it's my least favorite razor that I have ever used. The casting quality is laughably bad on mine. YMMV.

Last edited:
Happy to pile on. Either the Fatip Grande or its almost identical twin the Schone. I got nothing good to say about the R41.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you decide you like slants get a Wunderbar. Mine glides through 4-5 days worth of stubble when paired with a Nacet. I used to use is as my daily razor but the mornings when I was in a hurry and not paying as much attention to my technique it would bite. You definitely have to pay attention with it or you will bleed.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Fatip Grande. Same blade exposure as a R41, but made of solid brass rather zamak.

My R41 is not my most aggressive razor by a long shot, but it's my least favorite razor that I have ever used. The casting quality is laughably bad on mine. YMMV.
yea got one of those fatip oc razors, love it, really nice handle, weight and very efficent, top razor imo

so you saying the fatip grande oc and muhle r41 are about the same level of aggressiveness?

Happy to pile on. Either the Fatip Grande or its almost identical twin the Schone. I got nothing good to say about the R41.

im really intrgiued by that, what makes you say that mate? interested to hear why

If you go to the thread
DE razor geometry. A system for measuring aggressive razors. There are some nice macro pictures of the R41. There might be some quality control and design issues with th R41. Interestingly enough the stainless steel model looks much better.

As mentioned, its casting is not exactly precision. That wouldn't be a deal killer at its price point but in my head shaving routine it tugs, with no particular benefit in efficiency over other smoother razors like the Schone. As mentioned on another thread I keep it only for reference, it's near the bottom of the 200 or so razors I own in terms of my desire to use it.

yea got one of those fatip oc razors, love it, really nice handle, weight and very efficent, top razor imo

so you saying the fatip grande oc and muhle r41 are about the same level of aggressiveness?

There is an important distinction between aggressivess and efficiency. Aggressivness has to do with how likely a razor is to cause irritation and/or bite. Efficiency has more to do with how close it shaves and how few strokes it takes to get to BBS.

The Grande/Piccolo and the R41 have a similar level of efficiency for me but the R41 is an order of magnitude more aggressive.

To put it in perspective, I filed off the combs on one side of my Fatip to make it a devette. I prefer it to my R41, which is unpredictable and tugs my beard so badly at times that it makes my eyes water. Maybe it's a technique thing, maybe it's just because the casting is lousy and it's warped in weird ways (which is true). I don't really know the root cause. All I can say for sure is that I dislike mine a great deal.

Some guys love them though, so its definitely a YMMV thing.

proxy.php

Last edited:
T
To put it in perspective, I filed off the combs on one side of my Grande to make it a devette. I vastly prefer that side to to my R41,..

proxy.php

Really? I have a one-comb Barbasol Floating Head but have yet to explore the devette portion of the show.

funn you should say that just seen a lupo on ebay uk

can you post a link or image of that rapira razor please? not heard of it before thanks

Here you go, I should note that it's specifically the Platinum Lux razor as they do make others. The Platinum Lux is basically a really aggressive copy of the Gillette Ruby razor.

Rapira Double Edge Safety Razor Safety Razor - https://ca.barbersupplies.com/collections/rapira/products/rapira-double-edge-safety-razor-safety-razor

Really? I have a one-comb Barbasol Floating Head but have yet to explore the devette portion of the show.

It's probably not too different from the Barbasol floating head or Ikon Tech. The key is to leave on the end combs. This covers the blade corners which are blood thirsty little devils, and mitigating that slows the shave down too much. I made that mistake with my first devette, which was a modified RR TeckII with a couple washers for a baseplate.

The rigidity of the Fatip platform is a big upgrade in efficiency and tones down the aggressiveness.

proxy.php

Eben Stone

Staff member
how aggressive is this compared to say the muhle r41 do you know?

The Tek is way more aggressive then the R41. Not even in the same ballpark. IMO, the R41 is a good entrance into aggressive razors. My journey went from R41 to Tek to RazoHawk to Dart. If you like blade feel the Tek delivers.

The Tek is way more aggressive then the R41. Not even in the same ballpark. IMO, the R41 is a good entrance into aggressive razors. My journey went from R41 to Tek to RazoHawk to Dart. If you like blade feel the Tek delivers.
Is the Dart more aggressive than the R41? I have the Dart, I have done 8 shaves with it so far. I am still dialing this one in.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Is the Dart more aggressive than the R41? I have the Dart, I have done 8 shaves with it so far. I am still dialing this one in.

IMO, the Dart is more efficient than the R41 but with a little less blade exposure. You have the Dart. Be happy. It doesn't get any better than that.

Top Bottom