What's new

My Week With The Wolfman -in Pictures

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Some of you know I was very kindly loaned a WR2 Titanium 1.15 DC from a very Generous B&B member. I can't thank Him enough for this Amazing opportunity.
It is a beautiful razor that is a wonderful shaver .
All week I used the Wolfman Titanium on one side of my face and some o f my own personal favorites on the other side. I can tell you that I had a blast :)
I stopped trying to compare each Razor and Just Enjoyed each shave for what it was
If I learned anything from this week it was to Appreciate The Razors That I have as They all gave me wonderful shaves all week. And I was The Winner in Every Shave Off
. And Technique is the most Important element in your Daily Shave.
The Wolfie will be going Home Monday so I have a couple more Days with This Beautiful Razor .
All The Shaves are with the Wolfman and
Shave # 1 New Razorock Game Changer OC .84
Shave #2 Timeless Stainless Steel .95 OC
Shave #3 Vintage 1914 Gillette Bulldog
Shave #4 Vintage Gillette 1934 Aristocrat
Shave #5 Timeless Titanium .95 Scallop Matte
Shave #6 Vintage Gillette Raised Flat Bottom from #77 set
Shave #7 Vintage Gillette 1958 D-1 Toggle
Shave #8 Timeless Titanium and Stainless Scallop .95
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg4.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg6.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg7.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg9.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg10.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg11.jpg
My Week with the Wolfman.jpg18.jpg

My Week with the Wolfman.jpg15.jpg

What a wonderful week of top notch shaves. Look forward to bidding on one of your brushes again, it is a great cause to support

Graydog, you are a very talented man. First admiring your handle/brush making skills, now the photos. Very impressive layout, lighting, framing etc. Are you using something other than a phone camera? The photos are one of the things that I most enjoy on B&B, so keep them coming and thank you.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Graydog, you are a very talented man. First admiring your handle/brush making skills, now the photos. Very impressive layout, lighting, framing etc. Are you using something other than a phone camera? The photos are one of the things that I most enjoy on B&B, so keep them coming and thank you.

Thank you for the kind words,
Most of the the pictures are with my Google pixel phone. I purchased it because of the good reviews on the camera.
Here is today's Shave off
The Wolfman is a DC so I used two Razors to
Match the Shave on the other side of my face
Game Changer Open comb and SB .84
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190727080922650.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190727080801453_COVER.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Well Frank I will tell you that I wasn't surprised that the Game Changer Open comb and SB gave me a great shave Smooth and close but just not as efficient as The Wolfman I had a little bit of touch up under my jaw line on the harder side of my face ,So two strokes with the Wolfman and I was BBS and had a great time with the Shave off using 3 Razors . It was like when I was a kid just starting to shave :)

Some of you know I was very kindly loaned a WR2 Titanium 1.15 DC from a very Generous B&B member. I can't thank Him enough for this Amazing opportunity.
It is a beautiful razor that is a wonderful shaver .
All week I used the Wolfman Titanium on one side of my face and some o f my own personal favorites on the other side. I can tell you that I had a blast :)
I stopped trying to compare each Razor and Just Enjoyed each shave for what it was
If I learned anything from this week it was to Appreciate The Razors That I have as They all gave me wonderful shaves all week. And I was The Winner in Every Shave Off
. And Technique is the most Important element in your Daily Shave.
The Wolfie will be going Home Monday so I have a couple more Days with This Beautiful Razor .
All The Shaves are with the Wolfman and
Shave # 1 New Razorock Game Changer OC .84
Shave #2 Timeless Stainless Steel .95 OC
Shave #3 Vintage 1914 Gillette Bulldog
Shave #4 Vintage Gillette 1934 Aristocrat
Shave #5 Timeless Titanium .95 Scallop Matte
Shave #6 Vintage Gillette Raised Flat Bottom from #77 set
Shave #7 Vintage Gillette 1958 D-1 Toggle
Shave #8 Timeless Titanium and Stainless Scallop .95View attachment 1002350 View attachment 1002351 View attachment 1002352 View attachment 1002353 View attachment 1002354 View attachment 1002355 View attachment 1002356 View attachment 1002357
View attachment 1002367

ENVY n DROOL!!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Glad your enjoying your shaves, the Wolfman razor every one wants and the price of them are getting pricey IMO.
They have a Wolfman razor on the _bay and the price is over $1299.00 US, there are people with lots of money who more than likely will buy it & it will not be me. I have over 40 razors new & vintage and some of them will give the best shaves that any man or women could desire. Still a nice thread and very enjoyable.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks for the info my friend and I’d figure the Wolfman would come out on top of the SB and I was guessing the GC OC would be a close one.

I’m very surprised the 34 Crat stayed with the Wolfie though in efficiency. Smoothness absolutely but I would think it would take more strokes to match up to to the WR2 but you did the side by side so I’ll take your word for it as I don’t have the WR2 in that gap so I can’t do the side by side.

all and all it sounds like you had a good time with the WR2 and that’s what it’s all about!

Oh and awesome photos!

:thumbsup:

The Wolfman open comb side for me is it's Achilles , I t took me a few shaves with it to get the feel of the teeth. Not that it's bad I just have not received the feel that I was expecting.
The Wolfman was definitely more efficient but in the end the Aristocrat side felt
just as nice as the Wolfie.
I shave everyday so not as much to mow down
at one time. If I had a few days growth I am sure the Wolfman would have really had a chance to shine. Sure was fun :)
Today's Sunday Shave with the Bulldog
Is going to be interesting @BigJ is starting his Shark week Shaves using Shark blades I told him that I would be a part of it so I have to blow off the dust on my Shark blades :) should I look for the Styptic pencil before I start:)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I love the Shark Week theme! Oh but Shark blades... yeah you better keep that Styptic stick next to you!

I’ve found with the higher gap Wolfman WR2 SS OC side of a DC to not be as smooth as the SB and just a bit more efficient but compared to the OC side on a Titanium OC WR2 it’s like night and day with the Ti being noticeably smoother and with softer face feel. So if I were to ever buy another SS WR2 it would only be in a SB unless I was ordering a low gap. I had the .95 standard gap DC and that was a nice daily type razor. So I can see the 34 Aristocrat beating out the OC side of the WR2 in your Shave Off in smoothness and face feel for sure and especially on only one days growth.
Isn’t it funny how side by side Shave Offs tell you so much as how one razor compares to another!

All these discussions bring a lot of good information to the table.

:a21:

Not just the Razors , your technique is put to the test with each Razor having that little thing that has to be learned . I find that most Razors have a BBS in them, you just have to find it.

Sauce today Frank?

Top Bottom