What's new

My Guess... 3017

View attachment 904178

Well, Haslinger Aloe is done. Excellent soap of course. Next up, AoS Lavender NOS tallow, seen here with the wrapping just removed. Oddly, out of the box the lavender scent was quite strong, but once lathered it diminished. It’s a good scent, but very mild. The Tallowy goodness is just as I recall. I have used AoS soap but it’s been years. This box is from maybe 2009 give or take? Well, I know performance will be very good. I’m looking forward to working my way through this puck.

Cheers!

AoS yielded its last lather today. It was really done yesterday, but I couldn’t quite let it go. Their was a small, nickel sized wafer left sliding around in the bowl after Saturday’s shave. This morning I wet my whiskers and rubbed the remnants around my face like a shave stick, got an ok two pass lather.

The bowl shall be repurposed at a later date as I have 4 AoS tallow pucks vacuum sealed in reserve.

I’ve nothing to add to what I’ve been saying the past several months, it was a top tier soap to be sure.

Up next I’m going to finish off the 275ml IV bottle of Proraso Single Blade - Azur Lime. This has been my constant travel companion since it was gifted to me last June. I have perhaps 1/4 of the bag left. That’s still quite a lot, I expect this to go fairly quickly, but should still last until early summer or so. This is one of the best performing creams I’ve ever run across. I like everything about it except it’s availability, Proraso needs to offer this in the States in a smaller sized tube.

Cheers!

11 shaves with the Speick Active so far and count me impressed.
When I first started it was a bit hard to make a lather, but after a few uses it's now a breeze. Probably softened and got hydrated a bit. Above average slickness, cushion and post shave.
I always belittled vegan soaps, but after using up a few of them, I can say they have their place.
I hope vegan Haslinger will produce similar results as I get from my tallow Haslinger when I get to it.

One thing that does bother me is that I haven't heard back from Speick after contacting them about the weight issue of the tub.
101g brand new is quite a stretch from the 150g advertised.

Speaking of contacting I took a shot at bringing back Irish Moos, not an encouraging reply

Thank you for your e-mail and feedback with reference to SIR IRISH MOOS soap.
Currently there are no plans to re-produce this item.

All the best!

Best regards/ Freundliche Grüße
Gema Hurtado Carrasco

Speaking of contacting I took a shot at bringing back Irish Moos, not an encouraging reply

All the best!

Gema Hurtado Carrasco
I really don't understand why they discontinued such a widely loved product.
But good try, maybe some day they will come around..

All the best!

Gema Hurtado Carrasco

I received a similar response. I meant to post it a couple weeks ago but it slipped my mind. I replied to their response and suggested they may want to send a test batch out and see how it’s received by the growing wet shaving community. After all, the market has changed since they discontinued SIM.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My P.160 is near its end.
upload_2019-4-25_9-52-4.png

Finally had to turn the screw on my stick of home-made sandalwood soap. Took 80 shaves to get the part that stuck up above the end of the tube used, I suspect I'll be shaving with it until December at this rate.

Great stuff, I'd made another batch except that I have at least 20 years worth of soaps sitting on the shelf already.....

ABC continues to be a great soap. It will be missed when it is gone.

Recently finished a 4 oz bottle of Creed Greed Irish Tweed. Took more than 5 years of light work wear. Getting through cologne may be even more elusive than using up shaving soap.

Doing a cheat week while on vaca with Lea stick (formulation prior to the current stick). I’m in Utah where the humidity is 15%. My face enjoys the lanolin. Back to the remainder of the Lavanda tube when I get home, then I’ll finish the stick.

I broke out the Chubby 2 synthetic for use with the puck of Arlington, and was blown away by both the quantity and quality of the lather. I am going to use the CH2 for the duration of this puck, as I see no point in tinkering from brush to brush to get a decent lather.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
And we're done! After 23.5 months of wonderful shaves, my P.160 Tipo Morbido is no more.
upload_2019-4-29_13-35-57.png

Up next is a Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood sample.

My 3017 journey so far
???????- Oct.14.2012.....Col.Conk Amber (small puck)
Oct.15 - Dec.19.2012.....VDH Deluxe
Dec.20 - Jan.07.2013.....Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (partial tub)..... Wowwee!!!!
Jan.08 - Mar.06.2013.....C&E Sienna cream
Mar.07 - Mar.28.2013.....Mama Bear Aged Spice (mug soap; they're so tiny, they're cute!)
Mar.29 - May.25.2013.....Palmolive Classica Naturale cream
May.26 - Jun.22.2013.....Proraso Green tube (partial tube, old formula)
Jun.23 - Sep.27.2013.....TOBS Sandalwood cream (I love sandalwood products)
Sep.28 - Nov.02.2013.....Mama Bear Northwoods (partial puck)
Nov.03 - Dec.14.2013.....Mama Bear Amber Romance (partial puck)
Dec.15 - Jan.31.2014.....Klar Kabinett (partial, suspended to 3017 D.R.Harris PIF)
Feb.01 - Aug.29.2014.....D.R. Harris Arlington ........ Nope, no typo; 215 shaves from that puck
Aug.30 - Sep.29.2014.....Klar Kabinett (back in use after the Arlington finished)
Sep.30 - Oct.15.2014.....Rose of Bulgaria cream (partial tube)
Oct.16 - Oct.20.2014.....D.R. Harris Almond (partial tube)
Oct.21 - Oct.31.2014.....RazoRock XXX (partial tub)
Nov.01 - Dec.24.2014.....Blue Willy (grated Williams soaked in Aqua Velva)
Dec.25 - Feb.20.2015.....Dr Dittmar
Feb.21 - Mar.31.2015.....12 cream samples from Mr Bingle Secret Santa
Apr.01 - Apr.19.2015.....Mama Bear Lime Ice (partial puck)
Apr.20 - Jun.22.2015.....Captain's Choice Bay Rum (1/2 container)
Jun.23 - Aug.13.2015.....Mama Bear Winter Grapefruit (partial puck)
Aug.14 - Oct.10.2015.....Godrej round
Oct.11 - Nov.20.2015.....Mitchell's Wool Fat (partial puck)
Nov.21 - Jan.05.2016.....Mama Bear Cucumber Mint (partial puck)
Jan.06 - Feb.15.2016.....Mama Bear Dragon's Blood (partial puck)
Feb.16 - Apr.17.2016.....Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla
Apr.18 - May.22.2016.....Klar Kabinett (partial puck) **** converted to Nougat blend with 5 other soaps
May.23 - Jun.07.2016.....Proraso Sandalwood (partial tube)
Jun.08 - Sep.27.2016.....nougat (partials of Klar Kabinett, Valobra stick, La Toja stick, Mama Bear's Hydrogen, Mama Bear's Hazelnut, and Arko)
Sep.28 - Oct.28.2016.....Samples (Stone Cottage Hesperides, Mama Bear Spicey Lime)
Oct.29 - Nov.10.2016.....WSP Tobacco, travel puck
Nov.11 - Nov.21.2016.....WSP Matterhorn, travel puck
Nov.22 - Jan.10.2017.....Monsavon
Jan.11 - Feb.01.2017.....Godrej round (suspended to participate in 3017 WILLIAMS thread)
Feb.02 - Apr.07.2017.....Vegan Willy (grated Williams soaked in Lilac Vegetal)
Apr.08 - May.14.2017.....Godrej round (continuation)
May.15 - Apr.29.2019.....P.160 Tipo Morbido (650g)...... 23 1/2 months!

Top Bottom