What's new

My Guess... 3017

I got close to 2.5 months out of Cade. I load heavily, too. Enjoy it. It might need to be my next puck as it is a great warm weather soap and I have a few pucks saved up.

1/4" thick chunk of SIM cut off the stick is still going after 2 weeks of daily use. At least a week more, I reckon. I can't imagine how long the stick would take to 3017 used as a stick. Great shaves with any brush and razor combo so far. Very heavy lather when properly hydrated.

Out with the old and in with the new. Proraso is done, fantastic shaves from it.

Not wanting to stockpile really limits my options in Canada. Amazon doesn't sell much and there aren't many choices locally or online to order a single tub workout paying $$ for shipping. I was able to find some JM Fraser's, which I knew the little shop had 5y ago and they still had it today. He used to have other scents bit said he can't get them any more, just the classic.

If it works out, it should last me a good while. I won't hold back on loading though, it's dirt cheap. It was $12.50 cad, no tax, for a pound of cream.

IMG_20190406_153127.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new. Proraso is done, fantastic shaves from it.

Not wanting to stockpile really limits my options in Canada. Amazon doesn't sell much and there aren't many choices locally or online to order a single tub workout paying $$ for shipping. I was able to find some JM Fraser's, which I knew the little shop had 5y ago and they still had it today. He used to have other scents bit said he can't get them any more, just the classic.

If it works out, it should last me a good while. I won't hold back on loading though, it's dirt cheap. It was $12.50 cad, no tax, for a pound of cream.

View attachment 969925
You're gonna like it Bruce, it's good stuff. I need to order some after I use up my TOBS Peppermint SC.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Started Lavanda 2/22 and missed about 5 shaves due to a trip. I think I am halfway through the tube. Looks like a tube would last 2 months. I use about an inch of cream. My tube has the small diameter opening. It has been a little inconsistent with viscosity. At one point it became fairly difficult to get the cream to flow. Now it flows with a little pressure from the tube. A very nice cream, especially if you can get it for about €5 in Portugal.

1/4" thick chunk of SIM cut off the stick is still going after 2 weeks of daily use. At least a week more, I reckon. I can't imagine how long the stick would take to 3017 used as a stick. Great shaves with any brush and razor combo so far. Very heavy lather when properly hydrated.

I’m coming to the conclusion that using a stick as a stick, we probably overload. Just scraping a little soap on my whiskers gives me 2+ passes easily...especially with the Moos.

View attachment 969925

Gorgeous brush, Bruce.

My chunk of SIM is now gone. I switched brushes to a Stirling Kong synth over the weekend and that really chewed through the last bit of it.

Speaking of Stirling, I'm going to polish off a tub of electric sheep before jumping into my next full size product. Probably 1/4-1/3 of the tub is left.

Over the course of the last year I have been concentrating on using and finishing product. I have been going through aftershaves, colognes and shaving creams and sold off most of the excess. But the soaps... well, I just like them all and don't want to unload them. Over the last several months I have been using mainly Pre de Provence and C&E Sandalwood with an occasional SCS soap thrown in for good measure. ( 1 SCS I finished and have about 1/2 of another remaining.) Seriously, I have barely put a dent in these soaps. (I know in comparision to some of you hoarders collectors my collection is quite modest. :yesnod: )

My best guess... they should be done by 2017. That's approximately 2,555 shaves. Then, once they are all done, I'll use that NOS Old Spice soap sitting in my shave closet that I have been wanting to try. :001_rolle

FYI - In the unmarked bowl is Floris JF.
full

Since the beginning of the year I have used nothing but the C&E Sandalwood. I am just beginning to notice an indentation on the soap. I am tempted to use it solely until it is finished.

The Chubby 1 Best and Rooney 3/1 Super are the two brushes in my collection that can really eat up a cake of soap.

WOW! You really have a Nice Collection! I always like the wooden packaging, did you face wood smell problem?

After a couple of months of trying a weekly rotation, I came back to a stick of Arko for Arko April. This stick is probably 3+ years old and began using last year for Arko April that lasted through May, which only used about 2/3 of the stick. On April 1 I mashed the remaining third into an empty tub and have been enjoying both straight razor and de shaves with this soap. Very easy to lather and suprisingly provides a very good post shave. The scent is still present too. The only drawback is that it makes me wonder why I spend so much on other products when I could be extremely satisfied with using Arko year-round, and adding funds for my other hobbies and vices. The remains of this stick are now dwindling down quicker than in stick form and I am expecting it to retire by the end if the month.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: bjm
Finished bottle of KMF. I like everything about this cream except the pump bottle. I guess that’s the last I’ll see of KMF unless the new owner decides to bring it back.

What’s left: Frankensoap, about an inch hole in bottom of puck; can of Gillette Foamy, about 35 shaves in; tube of Macca Root, unopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished bottle of KMF. I like everything about this cream except the pump bottle. I guess that’s the last I’ll see of KMF unless the new owner decides to bring it back.

What’s left: Frankensoap, about an inch hole in bottom of puck; can of Gillette Foamy, about 35 shaves in; tube of Macca Root, unopened.

That's why I couldn't find any. I was looking for some after my Proraso was done but couldn't find it.

I always enjoyed KMF, hated the pump but liked the squeeze tubes. They we're also a better size so you could switch out scents quicker.

That's why I couldn't find any. I was looking for some after my Proraso was done but couldn't find it.

I always enjoyed KMF, hated the pump but liked the squeeze tubes. They we're also a better size so you could switch out scents quicker.

+1, I also liked the tubes of KMF. I thought it was much better than Cremo and some other popular brushless creams. I've been using Proraso for a travel cream the past year. When its done I think I will go back to shave sticks for a while. I have a Palmolive stick I want to burn through and am thinking of picking up a stick of LaToja, I haven't used either in years.

Wow, what a ride! I finally finished reading through all of this thread after reading on and off for years.
I've been 3017ing my stock for a few years, but my problem is I keep adding stuff.
My guesstimate is around 25+- years to finish everything that I have.
This is my journey thus far:
1)Israeli Menthol SC: 18/08/2015 - 29/09/2015
2)Monsavon: 18/08/2015 - 29/09/2015
3)Palmolive Stick (30g): 30/09/2015 - 08/11/2015
4)Mem Olive SC: 09/11/2015 - 08/12/2015
5)Proraso Red: 09/12/2015 - 06/04/2016
6)Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender SC: 07/04/2016 - 02/05/2016
7)Vintage Williams: 03/05/2016 - 14/07/2016
8)Maggard Razors Limes & Bergamot: 16/07/2016 - 15/05/2017
9)Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Shave Cream: 16/05/2017 - 31/05/2017 (10 Shaves)(Stopped due to irritation) 06/02/2019 - 24/02/2019 (17 Shaves)
10)Dalan D'Men Sensitive: 14/07/2018 - 28/09/2018 (37 Shaves)
11)Vi-John: 01/10/2018 - 10/12/2018 (19 Shaves)
12)TOBS Rose 75ML: 11/12/2018 - 05/02/2019 (29 Shaves)
13)Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap 59g: 25/02/2019 - 14/03/2019 (17 Shaves)
14)Dr. Jon’s Hydra v2 2oz: 15/03/2019 - (28 Shaves)

Thanks guys!
I went through my stuff and found this poor little fella who got caught:
IMG_20190412_022201.jpg

I now wonder if the Arko was too much for him :001_unsur
Anyway, I've had a quick shave with the Dr. Jon’s Hydra and managed to finish it (some bits were left, which I let them graciously go down the sink).
I was surprised by this vegan soap, really nice stable lather and some good post shave.
My next target is a brand new tub of Speick Active. I weighted it as it suspiciously looked a lot less than the 150g that is written on the tub and came up with 101g.
IMG_20190412_022859.jpg

Go Egmont! The end is in sight. Then you can chose from like a thousand soaps guilt free because you will actually need soap. Bet it's been a while since you actually needed to buy a soap.

Bluesman, I’ve been working through this stash for years and I’m determined to finish.

Top Bottom