What's new

My Guess... 3017

I find your list and progress a little more interesting than a list of items in rotation. I really can’t get a sense of a soap or cream idiosyncrasies with a single use every so often.

Nice dedication on the 160.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@Egmont After 2 years with my P.160, I was beginning to dial it in....... I think :tongue_sm

@tim33z I do have a near-full kilo of P.160 Tipo Duro in the basement! LOL But i will be using that in 100-150g chunks over the years rather than 3017ing it.

I’ve been on a small citrus kick. I took a break from 3017ing Proraso Azur Lime and broke out the MdC Argumes I received as a Fathers Day gift a couple years ago.

The jar of MdC has 30 or 40 shaves into it and I’ve barely made a dent. Sooner or later this will become a 3017 project, but not just yet.

I know some find MdC a bit drying and the simple ingredients list doesn’t rival all of the butters and oils packed into many recent artisanal offerings, but, I was reminded over the weekend what an outstanding shave soap MdC produces. It smacks of craftsmanship and my skin prefers the short list of natural ingredients. I had three wonderful shaves and the bright lemon scent was most welcome. I hinted to the offspring that a jar of MdC fougere might make a fine 2019 Fathers Day.

Back to Proraso Lime tomorrow. When the Proraso is completed I might take a small break from 3017ing and just go with MdC Agrumes through the height of Summer. Citrus is a great summer scent.

Cheers!

And we're done! After 23.5 months of wonderful shaves, my P.160 Tipo Morbido is no more.
View attachment 976622

Up next is a Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood sample.

My 3017 journey so far
???????- Oct.14.2012.....Col.Conk Amber (small puck)
Oct.15 - Dec.19.2012.....VDH Deluxe
Dec.20 - Jan.07.2013.....Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (partial tub)..... Wowwee!!!!
Jan.08 - Mar.06.2013.....C&E Sienna cream
Mar.07 - Mar.28.2013.....Mama Bear Aged Spice (mug soap; they're so tiny, they're cute!)
Mar.29 - May.25.2013.....Palmolive Classica Naturale cream
May.26 - Jun.22.2013.....Proraso Green tube (partial tube, old formula)
Jun.23 - Sep.27.2013.....TOBS Sandalwood cream (I love sandalwood products)
Sep.28 - Nov.02.2013.....Mama Bear Northwoods (partial puck)
Nov.03 - Dec.14.2013.....Mama Bear Amber Romance (partial puck)
Dec.15 - Jan.31.2014.....Klar Kabinett (partial, suspended to 3017 D.R.Harris PIF)
Feb.01 - Aug.29.2014.....D.R. Harris Arlington ........ Nope, no typo; 215 shaves from that puck
Aug.30 - Sep.29.2014.....Klar Kabinett (back in use after the Arlington finished)
Sep.30 - Oct.15.2014.....Rose of Bulgaria cream (partial tube)
Oct.16 - Oct.20.2014.....D.R. Harris Almond (partial tube)
Oct.21 - Oct.31.2014.....RazoRock XXX (partial tub)
Nov.01 - Dec.24.2014.....Blue Willy (grated Williams soaked in Aqua Velva)
Dec.25 - Feb.20.2015.....Dr Dittmar
Feb.21 - Mar.31.2015.....12 cream samples from Mr Bingle Secret Santa
Apr.01 - Apr.19.2015.....Mama Bear Lime Ice (partial puck)
Apr.20 - Jun.22.2015.....Captain's Choice Bay Rum (1/2 container)
Jun.23 - Aug.13.2015.....Mama Bear Winter Grapefruit (partial puck)
Aug.14 - Oct.10.2015.....Godrej round
Oct.11 - Nov.20.2015.....Mitchell's Wool Fat (partial puck)
Nov.21 - Jan.05.2016.....Mama Bear Cucumber Mint (partial puck)
Jan.06 - Feb.15.2016.....Mama Bear Dragon's Blood (partial puck)
Feb.16 - Apr.17.2016.....Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla
Apr.18 - May.22.2016.....Klar Kabinett (partial puck) **** converted to Nougat blend with 5 other soaps
May.23 - Jun.07.2016.....Proraso Sandalwood (partial tube)
Jun.08 - Sep.27.2016.....nougat (partials of Klar Kabinett, Valobra stick, La Toja stick, Mama Bear's Hydrogen, Mama Bear's Hazelnut, and Arko)
Sep.28 - Oct.28.2016.....Samples (Stone Cottage Hesperides, Mama Bear Spicey Lime)
Oct.29 - Nov.10.2016.....WSP Tobacco, travel puck
Nov.11 - Nov.21.2016.....WSP Matterhorn, travel puck
Nov.22 - Jan.10.2017.....Monsavon
Jan.11 - Feb.01.2017.....Godrej round (suspended to participate in 3017 WILLIAMS thread)
Feb.02 - Apr.07.2017.....Vegan Willy (grated Williams soaked in Lilac Vegetal)
Apr.08 - May.14.2017.....Godrej round (continuation)
May.15 - Apr.29.2019.....P.160 Tipo Morbido (650g)...... 23 1/2 months!
Wow, absolutely amazing! And a very generous PIF.

Attempted to 3017 Haslinger Sandalwood. As good as the soap is, it was a bit drying and started to cause irritation.
So, I went to my old trusty Mystic Water. Got out a half used Marrakesh and decided I still don’t like the scent so I scooped out remainder and use it in the shower. Opened up a Pompelmo e Fiore (grapefruit) and the lather has been outstanding. Still haven’t found a better soap than MW.

I’ve been working through two sticks of Arko smashed into an Old Spice mug for quite a while. I estimate it’s down to 40-50%. It’s become mundane.

My wife and I decided to stop by an antique store the other day and I picked up a NOS Colgate cup soap for a wallet-crippling $3. I didn’t have a container readily available for it so I decided to nestle the puck snuggly into a stick of Wilkinson Sword that has been smashed and resides in another Old Spice mug.

The soap is scentless as far as I can tell. I soaked it overnight in order to rehydrate it. First shave was last night and all I can say is “wow.” They really knew how to make soap 60-70 years ago. It has the slickness of Mitchell’s and the protection and comfort of Tabac.

I couldn’t recall whether the cup or mug soap was hailed as the champion when making the purchase, but I’m glad I picked it up. The Colgate will provide many wonderful shaves to come. The only scent the lather has is what it picks up from the Wilkinson Sword stick in the bottom of the mug. Not exactly a losing situation.

Happy shaves, gentlemen.

On April 30th I finally finished the half full tub of Cella that I started 3017ing back on November 27th of last year. 39 shaves - obviously I wasn't shaving everyday, in fact I've probably been averaging about twice a week lately.

This morning I started on a full puck of PdP No 63 soap. Enchanting smell, good slickness, although today's later was a bit thinner than I normally use as I'm still dialing it in. If I keep up the practice of only shaving on average of twice a week this puck, based on other's longevity reports, may last me two years or so. Yikes!

Over the past 6 months I have been slowly but surely reading through the entirety of this thread, and I have just completed it. What a fantastic read, and an incredible resource for the community.

I have purchased DR Harris Arlington, and Proraso Blue based on the recommendations of this tread, and I plan to pick up a puck of Haslinger next. I have the utmost respect and trust for the reviews and experiences of 3017ers.

Although I am not quite ready to join the 3017 ranks, I wanted to say a huge thanks to all who have made this such an epic read.

God bless.

Over the past 6 months I have been slowly but surely reading through the entirety of this thread, and I have just completed it. What a fantastic read, and an incredible resource for the community.

I have purchased DR Harris Arlington, and Proraso Blue based on the recommendations of this tread, and I plan to pick up a puck of Haslinger next. I have the utmost respect and trust for the reviews and experiences of 3017ers.

Although I am not quite ready to join the 3017 ranks, I wanted to say a huge thanks to all who have made this such an epic read.

God bless.
Wow! Very impressive. I read the entire thread when it was about 1/3 as long and considered it an accomplishment. I have kept up since then. I agree that it is quite a resource.

God bless.

You picked up a couple of very nice products. Welcome!

Wow! Very impressive. I read the entire thread when it was about 1/3 as long and considered it an accomplishment. I have kept up since then. I agree that it is quite a resource.

Yeah, it was quite a time commitment, but as a new DE shaver, it was amazing to be able to learn from the experience and wisdom of so many others!

You picked up a couple of very nice products. Welcome!

No argument here - they are fantastic products! As a matter of fact, I had a really nice shave with my puck of Arlington this evening.

Polished off a partial tub of Stirling's electric sheep over the last 3 weeks. I stopped using it before to let it air out as the furniture polish/bug spray combo scent was a bit strong for me when new. I guess I waited too long as it was virtually unscented when I pulled it back out. It's a good soap - OK shaves but really nice post shave averages out to good. Won't replace, and I highly recommend following Stirling's advice of trying a sample before buying a full size product.

Next up is a brand spankin' new tube of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. This is the year I polish off most of the creams I've amassed. This was a birthday present last year from the Mrs. along with the matching aftershave. Been looking forward to this one.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
"Dear readers,

I hereby declare that I shall make every reasonable effort to complete 3017ing a product within a 2-year window.

Sincerely,
rockviper"

Top Bottom