What's new

Any Mühle fans?

For the last couple days I have been using Mühle Sandalwood shaving soap. I have to say that I enjoy it very much. It has a very light sandalwood scent to it that is there but certainly not overpowering. It also gives me a very close shave and really soothes the skin after the shave. No aftershave is needed. This is fast becoming one of my favourite soaps and I am a bit surprised it's hardly mentioned here on B&B. Are there any fans out there?

Screenshot_20240227-213116~2.png
IMG_20240226_170237233.jpg

Never tried it - but have looked at it many times when "dry shopping".
I think I will try their seabuck, aloe vera or grapefruit soap sometime in the future.

Great price too, imo.

I‘m a big fan of Mühle soaps. It was my first shaving soap when I started out. I also tried their shaving cream which is also quite good. Currently I‘m working on a Grapefruit & Mint puck. This one is also great. I have stashed the entire scent range from Mühle; enough for three years or so.

They perform great, last long, and are very good to the skin.

According to some posts in German shaving forums Mühle shaving soaps are supposedly made by Speick.

Muhle sandalwood soap is my daily soap.

The cleaning action allows the blade to cut hairs better than slide over them with other soaps that are too slick. Gives a noticeably closer shave.

Big fan of all Muhle products.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I believe the Edwin Jagger soaps are the same with different branding. I have a Muhle Sea Buckthorn in the stockpile, and a Jagger Lime and Pomegranate. The only one I have actually used, was a Jagger Aloe Vera. That was a very good soap.

Muhle sandalwood soap is my daily soap.

The cleaning action allows the blade to cut hairs better than slide over them with other soaps that are too slick. Gives a noticeably closer shave.

Big fan of all Muhle products.
I agree. I also noticed this. Mühle seems to give me the closest shaves I have ever gotten with any soap or cream. It's quite remarkable in fact. My usual single pass shave is now close to BBS.

Mühle shaving soaps?

Better than they used to be, but still not top tier…

I like the brand and use the shaving soaps occasionally when I fancy a particular scent of the shaving soap and the balm/after shave that goes with it.
Without the matching balm/after shave I would rarely use the soaps, since I have products that I like better.

B.

I am rather a fan of Mühle's soaps. They all have a nicely understated scent and leave my skin feeling wonderful (a rarity for me sadly). They last a bloody long time as well despite the relatively small puck size and fit perfectly in most shaving bowls so lathering a doddle.

Don`t know about their soaps, but last year I got a free Muhle shave stick when I bought their brush. No protection and no slickness whatsoever, it was just like an ordinary hand soap.

Top Bottom