What's new

My Guess... 3017

With little travel recently I've been able to focus on the remains of the AoS tallow. I keep repressing the soap into the middle of the bowl. Its small enough that its becoming difficult to properly load the brush. Its days are numbered and I will be sad to see it go.

With little travel recently I've been able to focus on the remains of the AoS tallow. I keep repressing the soap into the middle of the bowl. Its small enough that its becoming difficult to properly load the brush. Its days are numbered and I will be sad to see it go.

How long have you been working on that puck? Seems like its been a while.

How long have you been working on that puck? Seems like its been a while.

I started it last August, but traveling and other factors slowed my progress. Best guess, 150 shaves on this puck. It’s a superb soap. Valobra are masters of triple-milled tallow. Shame AoS discontinued this line.

I bought and sold a puck of the reformulated AOS before I ever used it. Happily, I have 4 pucks of Tallow Lavender and 1 bowl of unscented in reserve. Of course with my luck, the Lavenders will all be unscented before I ever open the box.

Just finished a tube of Coates Tea tree cream after banging on it for last month. Definitely one of the best creams I've ever used.

I bought and sold a puck of the reformulated AOS before I ever used it. Happily, I have 4 pucks of Tallow Lavender and 1 bowl of unscented in reserve. Of course with my luck, the Lavenders will all be unscented before I ever open the box.
That's what has happened to my stash of AoS tallow soaps. I have a lemon and two sandalwood pucks and their scent is negligible.

Still working on CRSW citrus and things are good. Very slick has a nice wide range for water additions. MW prior to this was much fussier and I like a soap which doesn't require a titration setup for water additions. OK, MW wasn't that bad but you know what I mean :001_cool:

Finished my B&M Bay Rum (not the current release btw) in 22 shaves.
Yep - that seems fast but every lather a top one....

Next up is continuing on the Grooming Dept After the Fire.

I've been on an extended cheat this week using the Lea shave stick, which has both tallow and lanolin. The formulation was changed to this one about 4 years ago for the better, as the old formulation was generally considered fair to middling. I'll hop back onto the Arlington wagon on Monday, as I have a pronounced divot at this point and we should have breakthrough by June 1, at the latest.

I don't believe that AoSt lavender will survive the weekend. It looks like tomorrow or possibly Easter Sundays shave will be its last.

I've been on an extended cheat this week using the Lea shave stick, which has both tallow and lanolin. The formulation was changed to this one about 4 years ago for the better, as the old formulation was generally considered fair to middling. I'll hop back onto the Arlington wagon on Monday, as I have a pronounced divot at this point and we should have breakthrough by June 1, at the latest.
How’d you like it? I have a few sticks and think it’s a fine lather producer with a clean, fresh scent.
C9319BE9-EEC2-48F1-ABD3-C2A3DC00747D.jpeg
The one on the right is the previous formulation. No slouch there, either!

strop

Now half as wise
The remnants of Tabac just refuse to give up. I didn't think I would get thru the week, but now looks like another week at least.

Top Bottom