What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
:thumbup:

:laugh:

:yesnod:

I remember keeping my eyes peeled for a Knockout. On the odd occasions that they did appear, they always went for more than I was prepared to pay. Then one guy started selling LOTS (but one at a time). Interest started dying so I managed to get mine for a nice price. He was into antiques, but didn't know much about razors. He must have happened across a shipper full of them (lucky fella).
View attachment 850960

I should have bought one, Cal. What's the shave like?

Happy shaves,

Jim

For tomorrow's shave I'm going to start working on a two pass shave instead of my normal three. I'm curious if I can get the same results.

I find that if I just do the WTG and ATG passes very mindfully, I can get what feel like the same results, but the stubble returns four to six hours sooner.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm finding that going ATG causes ingrowns quite readily with my current setup, and BBS isn't possible for me without going ATG.

If what you're currently using isnt working as well as you had hoped, try a different kit.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
And of course you have at least one friend with the same desire. :001_smile

Nudge nudge :wink2: :wink2:
I'm also thinking about putting a bug in the ear of the German vendor for 1980's Fatips. I'll let you all know as soon as I contact both him and Fatip.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm also thinking about putting a bug in the ear of the German vendor for 1980's Fatips. I'll let you all know as soon as I contact both him and Fatip.

You're becoming the BOSC Attache, or Liaison Officer lol.

I may need to create an ID card for your position, but then again if I give one to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzVJVxapwU

. . . and I'd like a pony, and a rocket ship, and a . . .

One obsession at a time! lol

Here you go Spike :)

_img.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Wenghe
Blade: Polsilver (7)
Brush: Panta Rei Silvertip
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Gold Splash
rsz_012 (1).jpg

Today's shave was a two pass and touch up. It went a whole lot faster than I'm used to. It went well for the first outing doing wtg and xtg on the first pass and atg on the second pass. The results were not what I'd hoped for which is the exact same results as my normal three pass. The results were not bad either and were definitely a DFS very comfortable and socially acceptable. It was quite an impressive shave for a first outing enough so to keep me going in this endeavor. I know results will improve, and if I can at some point get my same normal results, and feel like I can shave eight days a week instead of five, the goal will have been achieved. :001_smile

Raven Koenes

My precious!
What have you noticed between the first use and your 7th use of that blade?
Well it's definitely smoothed out nicely. I really can't tell a difference from day three to five. It's feels the same and absolutely no tugging ever.

I'm assuming you dont buff ATG?
I only buff in certain areas and then very swift and lightly. Mostly I buff on some jaw line areas and up against my goatee.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You'll find buffing much easier and more comfortable with a shallower angle than you might normally use.

Now my master plan is coming into effect lol.

19b4e22de82981684a444b4199bb17ea.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We all agree rabidus is right about rigid designs. Some of us agree with him on shallow angle shaving too. The last few holdouts will be converted eventually lol.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
We all agree rabidus is right about rigid designs. Some of us agree with him on shallow angle shaving too. The last few holdouts will be converted eventually lol.
Like me and Cal who started and founded the club and brotherhood of SASA (Steep Angle Shavers Alliance)? Those few hold outs lol?

Top Bottom