What's new

My 7-day Set

I have a decent amount of razors but I normally just use 2 razors in rotation. A heljestrand mk4 and a mk7 (looking to get another mk 4 or two). Real nice shavers and touching them up is always extremely easy.

Here is a link to my 7 day set of razors I have. They are more of an investment at the moment and in mint condition. Probably going to end up using them in the future but have not decided.
7 day straight razor kit

Are those Söndag through Lördag or Sunday through Saturday?

Fistofthenorthstar got me thinking. I might need more than seven straight razors. If I am having guests for dinner or going out in the evening, I will sometimes shave twice a day. To keep the wear even on my 7-day set, I will need other razors for these extra shaves.

It's not easy being a true gentleman.

Well you can’t shave with a Monday razor and then later shave with a non Monday razor that’s not even identical to the original Monday razor. You should get a second 7 day set identical to the first if you plan on shaving more than once a day. It’s what a true gentleman would do.[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Well you can’t shave with a Monday razor and then later shave with a non Monday razor that’s not even identical to the original Monday razor. You should get a second 7 day set identical to the first if you plan on shaving more than once a day. It’s what a true gentleman would do.[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did consider getting a second set but then decided against it. The problem being that each SR in the second set would not be used on a regular basis and would thus be subject to irregular wear.

I then decided on just a single extra to my set. This will allow my set to wear evenly. I could not be seen in polite company if one of my matching seven day sets had uneven wear.

The extra SR can later be PIFed if I need to do so.

I've got a four (4) day set:

Game Changer .84-P SB
Timeless SS + Ti SB
ATT H1 SB
Blackbird SB

I use the 58g Blackbird handle with the Blackbird head. I use either the 20g ATT aluminum bamboo handle or 50g Charcoal Goods hammered handle on the other three.

I have the GC and Timeless and ATT handles - I just prefer a lighter handle and ymmv.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1582807810733.png

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Six down and two to go.

IMG_20200228_085657.jpg
The SR with the darkest coloured scales was my first Titan 1918 ACRM-2. Due to its colour, I will probably set that one aside as my vesperum razor.

My third supplier of the final two has pulled the pin and cancelled my order. I have now ordered my last two directly from Titan. Their "express" shipping will take about a month to get to me here in Cebu. That will give me plenty of make sure that the other six have good Method edgers and perhaps fine-tune the box.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I met with my Filipino cabinetmaker this morning to discuss my seven-day set box. I took with me one of my Titan ACRM-2 SRs so that he could get a better appreciation of what I am aiming for. After seeing it, he told me that he would also like his own SR.

We came to a deal. I will give him my modified Gold Dollar W59 that I couldn't PIF away plus a cheap leather strop, Chinese synthetic genuine badger brush and a 75g tube of Sanoli Australian shave cream and he will make the case for free. I think we both got a good deal. I will also give him some basic instructions on how to shave with his SR.

We might have another convert.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I can't wait to see this case when it's done!

Will it have a glass lid? Or wooden?
This case will have a wooden lid. It is a storage/carry case, not a display case.

A true gentleman does not need to show off his possessions. Just knowing himself that he has and can use them is enough.

I met with my Filipino cabinetmaker this morning to discuss my seven-day set box. I took with me one of my Titan ACRM-2 SRs so that he could get a better appreciation of what I am aiming for. After seeing it, he told me that he would also like his own SR.
The corona virus, sars and murs all started off the same way and spread like wildfire but naturally.
You however have purposely infected someone with RADs and he will surely go on to infect others.
I'm beginning to wonder if you are a true gentleman at all now.
If you encounter this individual on the streets in the future and he is asking strangers "got any spare straight razors", you will have your answer.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The corona virus, sars and murs all started off the same way and spread like wildfire but naturally.
You however have purposely infected someone with RADs and he will surely go on to infect others.
I'm beginning to wonder if you are a true gentleman at all now.
If you encounter this individual on the streets in the future and he is asking strangers "got any spare straight razors", you will have your answer.
I was brung up good. My mother taught me to always share what I have.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have now finished putting Method edges on five of my seven-day + one set. For each edge I set the bevel on 1k synthetic followed by a rough polish on my 3k natural. After that it was through the lapping film progression and finishing off on my three pasted balsa strops.

The first edge took about 2 hours, the second about an hour, the third a bit over 45 minutes and the final two a little under 45 minutes each. They now all tree-top at about 10mm (3/8" for Slash).

One practical advantage of a matching set is the becomes easier and better with consistent blade geometry and steel.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I visited my cabinetmaker this morning. He has finished the timber work and it's looking good. Today he was going into Cebu City to try and source some suitable hinges and a latch.

I changed my mind about varnishing the box. We have decided to leave it natural and just wax the timber.

I'm sorry, but I forgot to take photos for you. I can assure you that all is looking very good. Hopefully I'll have it be the end of this week or early next week.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Others have asked my via PM so I thought that I would post it here.

Ferns Finewood Furniture are a small local firm in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu. My contact is Felix Matugas.

Ph: +63 926 4029 011
Ph: +63 926 2391 561
Ph: +63 922 2655 187
Email: [email protected]

Their location can be found on Google maps.

If you need any help dealing with them, just ask. My 7DS case is the first that they have made. They have made all my solid timber office furniture and I have been very happy with their quality and service.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The woodwork is now finished. All we are waiting upon are the hinges and latch. They are coming from Manila. Due to the WuFlu shutdown, the supplier is hoping to have them in Cebu within two or three weeks. The final two SRs are also now in Manila. They will be delivered by Philippines Post so may take about a month to reach Cebu.

I paid for this with barter (modified Gold Dollar W59 plus all required shaving accessories). Ferns Finewood will get back to me with the real price in a few days.

The set so far:

7DS Closed.JPG

7DS Open 01.JPG

7DS Open Empty 01.JPG

7DS Open Empty 02.JPG
During my design of this case, I left provision to fit some leather at the pivot-pin ends supports. I have some soft tanned calf leather that I obtained in Kyrgyzstan that should be ideal. I will cut and fit that while waiting for the last of the hardware.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am thinking about getting one done if the price is right!
I'm also interested in what the price will be. If it's good, I'll order another case. This time for a 7DS of Titan VG10-HZ razors.

If I can sneak out again, and if the local PO is open, I'll enquiry about the shipping costs to North America and Europe.

WuFlu sucks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom