What's new

Mulhe r41 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Just received my muhle r41 as my first old style razor and tried it this morning but surprisingly enough did not cut any of my facial hair. Am I doing something wrong ? I red this razor was fantastic but I can't quite work it out.

Was there a blade in it?
The R41 has quite a bit of blade exposure, so I am surprised it's not working. I started with an Edwin Jagger DE89 with is the same as an R89. I had the base plate flipped over a few times and it didn't shave at all. Maybe check the base plate?

You can also put the safety bar or head against your face then rotate the razor until you feel the blade. The first few take a bit of learning but it's worth the effort.

Any pics of the razor?

Not too sure to understand. I took it out of the box and shaved. I expect the razor to be complete and ready to go. How do I check if there is a blade or not ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J510FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Not too sure to understand. I took it out of the box and shaved. I expect the razor to be complete and ready to go. How do I check if there is a blade or not ?

Did it come with any blades? They usually come with one in the box, wrapped in paper.

OH, and I believe the handle unscrew from the base plate, allowing access to the blade section.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Was there a blade in it?

You can also put the safety bar or head against your face then rotate the razor until you feel the blade. The first few take a bit of learning but it's worth the effort.

Any pics of the razor?

I had the head and what looks like a comb parallel to my face.
Just tried rotating but still no change.
Is the blade not the edge of the curved top metal piece ?
Sorry can't use camera on my phone.

How do I check if there is a blade or not ?

You don't have to check. If the Muhle R41 didn't take off any beard, there is no blade in it. Check the box. Muhle may toss a blade in there, like Merkur does with their razors.

Boy, you sure jumped into the world of DE shaving with both feet. Don't slice yourself to ribbons. You can't shave with the R41 like you did with a cartridge razor.

Thanks guys for your help. No I don't know how to take it appart. Furthermore, I can't see any screw. I choosed this one because I liked the look of it but hey, it's a lot more complicated than I expected.

Thanks guys for your help. No I don't know how to take it appart. Furthermore, I can't see any screw. I choosed this one because I liked the look of it but hey, it's a lot more complicated than I expected.

You need to hold the handle of the razor and turn the head. I will try to find a video of it.

Welcome.

This is a good introductory video :

The R41 is quite tricky razor to start with. Watch everything the guy in the video does. Make good lather and take short strokes.

The Muhle R89 is an easier razor to start with. The Muhle R41 is a fantastic razor once you get the hang of it.

Ok I figured it out now...I really feel silly...they should provide a kind of notice really. So there was no blade in the razor and none provided in the box.
Where do you get these blades, I don't think I've ever seen those before.

Ok I figured it out now...I really feel silly...they should provide a kind of notice really. So there was no blade in the razor and none provided in the box.
Where do you get these blades, I don't think I've ever seen those before.

Where are you in the world? Amazon sell them.

Depending on what part of the world you are in, eBay, Amazon, and local drug stores will have you covered. There's also places like Maggards and West Coast Shaving.

OH, there are also blade giveaways here on the forums from time to time.

What about tesco...boots ? Much easier. If not please provide a link.
Sorry not much of an internet fan...although I got my razor on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom