What's new

Mühle Mondays

Yes it's the thick bar. It worked quite well. The head didn't feel right on the thin bar.
Check. I have had this handle in sight for quite some time now. I currently use a 13 mm Razorine handle for my R41. I like the thickness, but at 10cm it is on the larger side of the spectrum.

Thanks,

Guido

GRUME...Still In! 💪
The 5th Day of DecemBOAR
Muhle/MdC Mondays

PXL_20221205_154410952.jpg

Muhle Rocca
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
MdC Rose
Omega brush (? model)

This is a 4 for 1 day. One shave and four different threads which are all fun; especially staying 💪 in GRUME.

I am glad to have developed some experience with the Muhle razor. It is the most efficient razor I use but now I can shave with confidence and enjoy using it. The hype about the Iridium blade has not impressed me but maybe it is one that gets better after a few shaves. I was determined to get better results around my jaw and used exaggerated slide angles and contorted face and neck gestures and took a step forward with the results. I am becoming addicted to DFS++ results and getting there. One final thought. I am a type A personality and very goal oriented but shaving is a zen like experience to slow down and enjoy the process.

Take care of yourself and each other.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Muhle Monday
IMG_20221017_114401_1.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rose Gold
Blade: Muhle(6)
Soap: MdC Original
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with Bog Oak handle

I pulled out all the Muhles for tonight's shave with razor, brush and blade and MdC Original for MdC Monday. As usual this made for a superior shaving experience with the amazing lather from the MdC lifting the shave right out of the ordinary. The R89 as ever made the experience as smooth as a greased pole cat and showed why this particular setup is becoming a favourite.
The resulting near BBS was no surprise and capped a most enjoyable shave.

Mike M

Mühle makes shaving soap to you know @Mike M ? 😁 just saying…

Cheers,

Guido
Yeah it is similar to the Edwin Jagger soap of which I have 3 I am trying to finish now, so if I was going for one it would be Buckthorn. Plus I like MdC Monday and at the rate I'm going only using MdC on Monday's it will be 2028 by the time I use up my Original. That also assumes I don't buy another one😉

Date
365 days of shaving349/345
(100%)
GRUME December12/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slide (NW-SE | cheeks)
first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NW-SE)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (SE-NW | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41 with Blue Lasta handleTimor (7)
DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face and bowl lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9/10 (One weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+)
7/10 (Harsh)

Notes to today’s shave:

Another ride with the R41 and the Timor blade which are turning into a trusted combination. The blade had come to an end though and I retired it after the shave. It was not as smooth as last time and felt harsh, bordering on tuggy. Still it performed extremely well in terms of shave quality. Because the harshness (with some very minor weepers) was there from the WTG pass, I did the ATG using a reversed Gillette Slant stroke without going S-N head-on. This prevented me from incurring more weepers or nicks. Today that worked out very well. Even rubbing S-N on my cheeks post shave feels rather smooth. So maybe this stroke is a keeper as an alternative S-N ATG.

Face lathered again. This time taking the advice from Jack and making sure my lather was wetter / more runny. Still not the best of luck with Haslinger. It is a very forgiving soap no matter how you treat it, but I wasn't getting into the groove. Took out my Proraso bowl and whipped up my lather and completed the face lathering with a consistent and slick layer. And I noticed that the scent is still there post shave even though I do not really smell it in the tub.

Everything else was as it should be for this shave. Just a wonderful start of the week.

Enjoy your shaves!

GRUME...Still in 💪
DecemBOAR the 12th
Muhle and MdC Mondays

PXL_20221212_160129713.MP.jpg

Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Super Iridium SS (8)
Semogue 830
MdC Rose
Artnaturals Rosehip oil (produced in Ukraine)

Greetings to All
Let me begin with the end of the shave first. I have had the Artnaturals oil for a while. I discovered it was a Ukrainian made and produced on their soil by Ukrainians. I was proud to use it today to honor their fight for freedom.

The 830 is my favorite boar brush. It is breaking in nicely, splays softly and can match the face feel of a silvertip badger with ease. The Rocca razor is efficient and I only did two passes because I shaved late last night and did not want to stress my skin today. MdC rose is subtle (in a good relaxing way) and a quality soap by every standard.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Mühle R41 GS on Mühle Mondays...

20221211_150356-01-01-01-01.jpeg

What a splendid shave... A fresh Feather more than often causes a tiny little weeper or two on my face, with almost every shaver... but not this time. BBS after two passes. This heck of a razor mowed down my stubble like nobody's business.

Since I won't be able to shave tomorrow due to a business related short trip I decided to give Tabac a spin, just one day ahead of schedule. A brilliant idea, I have to say... #patting myself on the back 😉 I bowl lathered the cushony Tabac lather greatness with my SOC boar... what a mere joy this combo was.

Overall, a very satisfying shave.

Last edited:

Mike M

Muhle Monday
MdC Monday
IMG_20221128_121416.jpg
Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(22)
Soap: MdC Original
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with Bog Oak handle

Tonight MdC Original provided the lather along with the Kosmo, a combination that I find produces an amazing lather second only to SV. The Rocca BIC combo is another favourite so all in all tonight is one of my best shave setups. The result was just an overall great shave which ended in a near BBS finish and a big smile.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20221212
Mühle Monday
Razor: Frankenrazor - Mühle R41 Plate, Yintal Brass Cap, Mühle R95 Handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Stetson Aftershave
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne
20221212_220911~2.jpg

Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12047173

Date
365 days of shaving356/352
(100%)
GRUME December19/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WTGN-S
XTGW-E
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41
Timeless Ti95
Bolzano (5)
Eddison (13)
DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face and bowl lathered
Cold splash
Nivea (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~25 minutes)9.5/10 (one tiny weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS-)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

The showdown. Today I did the left side of my face with the R41 and the right side with the Timeless. Both with used blades and both with the accompanying hands (left with left and right with right) in the first pass. No fancy stuff, textbook strokes.

First pass went to the R41 as far as effectiveness goes.

Second pass no dramas. Smooth on both sides and both razors performing equally well.

Third pass ATG in most parts except for above the upper lip. Above the upper lip the R41 has the photo finish but maybe also because I did not exactly duplicate the stroking pattern on the right side.

Overall very very close with both razors delivering a BBS result without noticeable differences. I am giving a nudge to the Ti95 in terms of smoothness and comfort - but the blade played a role in that so for now maybe a tie is in order.
All other gear performed in excellence to support this showdown. I believe the DVH is my cheapest brush and it lathers way above its weight.

More detailed shave notes to today’s shave can be found here

Enjoy your shave today!

Hey Guys
Just a quick check-in today.
I want to do a week with the SWS crowd, so I won't be switching up my razor this week.
Next week I might receive a new (replacement Muhle brush) that I think my wife purchased last month.
See you next Monday!

@Guido75, you are making the Muhle R41 tempting! I still prefer milder razors (I also have a Timeless Ti .68 with a scalloped cap coming for Christmas and a couple soaps so I am fine. All were purchased last month so I am still GRUME 💪. For now, the Rocca 95 is my upper efficiency choice.

Hey Guys
Just a quick check-in today.
I want to do a week with the SWS crowd, so I won't be switching up my razor this week.
Next week I might receive a new (replacement Muhle brush) that I think my wife purchased last month.
See you next Monday!

@Guido75, you are making the Muhle R41 tempting! I still prefer milder razors (I also have a Timeless Ti .68 with a scalloped cap coming for Christmas and a couple soaps so I am fine. All were purchased last month so I am still GRUME 💪. For now, the Rocca 95 is my upper efficiency choice.
The R41 is an easy buy John - just the head is less than €20 in my country - I assume similar pricing for CONUS. Amazing shaver.

And how wonderful you are getting a Timeless!! The most beautiful razor in the world. Which handle did you get? Polished or matte?
Guido

The R41 is an easy buy John - just the head is less than €20 in my country - I assume similar pricing for CONUS. Amazing shaver.

And how wonderful you are getting a Timeless!! The most beautiful razor in the world. Which handle did you get? Polished or matte?
Guido
I got the Crown handle and everything matte. I am staying in GRUME but am curious, would the Timeless .95 baseplate be in the same ballpark as a Muhle R41?

Top Bottom