What's new

Mühle Mondays

It seems like every day of the week has its theme, type or brand. And I felt one brand was missing, so I wanted to kick start Mühle Mondays. We obviously have the zookeepers of the R41 beast, but not yet on a specific day.

Post anything related to your Mühle shaves here and pictures are obviously encouraged. It can either be the razor, the blade, the brush or the soap for that matter.

Enjoy your Mühle Monday shaves everyone!

Guido

Date
365 days of shaving283/283 (100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober10/31 (100%)
Tabactober5/31 (99%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight
(S-N)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
9/10 (BBS)
7/10 (Nicked under my nose)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41
Feather (2)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel & Proraso
Cold splash
Proraso Green (balm)

Notes:

After only one pass I was already pretty smooth - CCS level. Second pass was the money pass and BBS the reward. Extremely good combination so far with the R41.

Journal link:

Link to today's ponderings: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11961548

Sounds good! I enjoy my standard and stainless steel R41s.

Monday's shave:

Razor: R41
Blade: RK Stainless (4th/final use)
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Proraso white (with some added menthol)

Excellent shave today. The R41 gives me very high quality results with very little effort. Bravo to Mühle not only for this tool's performance but also the very attractive design.

I am a relative newcomer to using DE razors--I started in February of 2022. I first used the R41 very recently and have yet to experience any nicks, cuts, or irritation using it. So far every shave with this razor has been very good. I attribute this to all of the good shaving advice here on B&B: Good pre-shave prep and especially no pressure. If you've been intimidated by the R41 like I was and haven't tried it, you might be missing out!

Thanks for getting this started with me @StewB! And I concur. The most recent R41 is supposedly the most tame in comparison to earlier versions - at least so I am told.

And presumably I have the most recent one like you. I find it an amazing shaver. I was not as courageous as you to immediately start with the R41 right out of the DE shaving gate, but I am amazed at how fast my technique has permitted me to add this razor to the collection.

And close, so close - simply wonderful. Especially with this Feather blade, but there are other to try to see if I can get matching results.

Cheers,

Guido

Hi Guido: For sure, the R41 is a great razor! I have a surplus of RK Stainless blades I'm going through. They work just fine for me. One of these days I will start experimenting with blades but that will be a while.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20221010_214331.jpg

Sounds like a great idea, I've become a bit of a Muhle fanboy so tonight's shave has a Muhle Rocca R94 and a Muhle Kosmo STF brush (do I get double points for that?)

So, I purchased the R41 head and pair it with a Weber SS handle. I used it all of last week and will this week as well. Last week used an Astra blade. This week, am using a Gillette 7 o'clock black blade.

So far, just had a couple really minor weepers. It's important for me to concentrate on no pressure and be especially careful around my chin.

The pairing of the R41 head with the Weber long handle is a really good combo.

Cheers.

Hey @Guido75 and the rest of you guys.
I will have to have a non-GRUME month to join. I have had my eye on a synthetic brush and the Rocca Birch Bark razor.
Any reports about the razor?

My understanding is that the Rocca, aggression wise, is between the R89 and R41. I'm a fan of Mühle's designs and will probably try the Rocca at some point.

Hey @Guido75 and the rest of you guys.
I will have to have a non-GRUME month to join. I have had my eye on a synthetic brush and the Rocca Birch Bark razor.
Any reports about the razor?
Yes there are plenty reviewers to be found here. And as StewB said the Rocca sits between the R89 and the R41 according to those reviews.

It is an all stainless razor and that was some QC with the posts on the cap but Mühle has solved that issue.

The Rocca is near the top of my short list of new modern razors. Birch has a number of fans here.

Guido

The Rocca is a beautiful shaver.
Whichever handle you choose the head will be the very same.

R94= matte Stainless Steel
R95=Birch bark
R96=Black handle.

Mühle had some issues with the head in the early days, if you buy a new one nowadays you won’t have these issues anymore. The "latest" head is CNC made and is already in the market for a couple of years, so you won’t find the "old stock" version anymore.

I like my "Slurping Beauty ", as I call my R94 due to the audio feedback she gives, really quite a bit. I'd rather add a second one (birch bark handle) than selling the one I have, FWIW.

It's not an aggressive razor by any means, but's an effective one. More efficient than R89, less efficient than R41, I'd support this statement. For me it's a perfect daily driver. It's in the ballpark of Karve D SB.

From what I've seen in the forums there are no complaints of those who use the birch bark variant in terms of durability.

Perhaps this helps as a first opinion @tjsgarden.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom