Muhle/MdC Mondays

PXL_20221107_140744857.jpg

Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Gillette Platinum (6)
Muhle XL Olive STF brush
MdC Rose
Post-shave: Cold splashes, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and Nivea Sensitive balm

Hey Guys
This is the same combo used last Monday. The Rocca razor is slightly more efficient than most of my other razors. No pressure, short and slide strokes worked great. I enjoyed dialing in the rose soap. I put a small amount of bloom water on the soap and INSTANTLY!, the scent filled the room. It reminds me of lavender in that it is calming, enjoyable and soothing.
The Muhle brush is so soft, I could face lather for 10 minutes without irritation. The Omega Evo 2.0 and Muhle are tied for my two "favorite" brushes. The badgers are being severely neglected. Decemboar is coming soon!

Tomorrow...GRUME, NOCvember and Tallow-tabac Tuesday.

View attachment 1553104
My first entry in "Mühle Mondays"...
Mühle R94 Rocca (aka the slurping beauty) meets Mühle Sea Buckthorn shaving cream for the debut. A dramafree and very nice shave with a fresh Timor blade...

Besides, the scent of this cream smells gorgeous, if you enjoy rather fruity scents. 👍

Have some great shaves, Gentlemen!
Way to go Guido! And if that brush is German as well we are looking at an all German shave too!

Cheers,

Guido

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Muhle Monday
IMG_20221010_214331.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(11)
Soap: MdC Original
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle

Tonight MdC Monday had rolled around again. Monday is probably my second favourite day of the week (after SV Saturday of course). In addition to MdC Monday it is also Muhle Monday, so 2 of my favourite days of the week on the same day. I am also in for NOCember, so I have a bit of posting to do.
The result tonight was a BBS with no fuss and no extra passes.

The 7th day of GRUME...Still In!
NOCvember
Muhle/MdC Mondays

PXL_20221107_140744857.jpg

Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Gillette Platinum (6)
Muhle XL Olive STF brush
MdC Rose
Post-shave: Cold splashes, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and Nivea Sensitive balm

Hey Guys
This is the same combo used last Monday. The Rocca razor is slightly more efficient than most of my other razors. No pressure, short and slide strokes worked great. I enjoyed dialing in the rose soap. I put a small amount of bloom water on the soap and INSTANTLY!, the scent filled the room. It reminds me of lavender in that it is calming, enjoyable and soothing.
The Muhle brush is so soft, I could face lather for 10 minutes without irritation. The Omega Evo 2.0 and Muhle are tied for my two "favorite" brushes. The badgers are being severely neglected. Decemboar is coming soon!

Tomorrow...GRUME, NOCvember and Tallow-tabac Tuesday.
Beautiful set-up! My only Muhle brush is the Rocca that matches the R95. The 21mm knot works for me but I like larger knots too and, I suspect at some point, I'll get the XL in olive wood or Ivory. I have so many ivory brushes that the olive wood is the more likely choice.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mühle Monday
20221107_161145~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (10 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Vetyver
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Fragrance: Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Does the Mühle 25mm STF knot in my Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush count? :)

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12003049

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yeah, don't care for the black.
I like the olive wood and the Black. I was wondering if anyone has both a 21mm and a 25mm STF Muhle brush what is the difference in face feel between the two, I have a 21mm and I am thinking about a 25mm at some point, I was just wondering if it is worth it

I like the olive wood and the Black. I was wondering if anyone has both a 21mm and a 25mm STF Muhle brush what is the difference in face feel between the two, I have a 21mm and I am thinking about a 25mm at some point, I was just wondering if it is worth it
Well, me too. Saw someone rave about the 25mm STF brush recently in the brush forum. I like the 21mm knot on my Rocca birch brush but I have a couple of large brushes from other manufacturers and they are fun to face lather with. Maybe I'll find one around Black Friday for a deal!

Date
365 days of shaving320/318
(100%)
GRUME14/30 (100%)
NOCvember
14/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 1/3
Timor 1/3
Eddison 1/3

Passes3 and touch up
WXTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
XTGGillette Sideways Slant
(NE-SW | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
8/10 (One nick and some minor weepers)
8/10 (Comfortable)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Matador Deluxe
Mühle R41
Timor (2) and Timor (3)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Kox Bergamot (Matador)
Kox Enamel
Haslinger Sandelholz (R41)
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave:

This shave was actually spread across time. I did a single ATG yesterday evening with the Matador just before going to bed. I wanted to see and feel how I would experience that. It was ok as the Matador is a delight to use, but going straight ATG is not my particular cup of tea - at least not when using a Timor blade.

I followed up with the R41 this morning doing the WTG and XTG passes with Haslinger. The R41 controls the Timor blade a lot better. I got this idea from @SgtCrppls who mentioned the Timor blade is an excellent pairing with his Wolfman. Now, I do not own a Wolfman, but I was inspired by the Wolfman's clamping ability and hence my idea to use the R41. It made it the best shave yet with the Timor blade - still below usual performance with other blades.

Near BBS this morning and therefore I am a happy bunny. Cannot wait for the mail to arrive, but I fear my patience will be tested again today!

My only Muhle brush is the Rocca that matches the R95. The 21mm knot works for me but I like larger knots too and, I suspect at some point, I'll get the XL in olive wood or Ivory. I have so many ivory brushes that the olive wood is the more likely choice.

I don't have the 21mm brush but if I could only keep one brush, it would be the Muhle olive XL 25mm STF...the Omega Evo 2.0 is arguing in my head that it is definitely a keeper too...and then there is the RR Big Bruce...

GRUME Day 14
NOCvember the 14th
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

PXL_20221114_144716988.jpg

Coffee, B&B catch-up...cold splashes
Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Gillette Platinum (14)
Muhle XL STF brush
MdC Rose
Cold splashes, lavender lotion combined with Hydro Boost, Nivea balm and Loreal Collagen cream

Hey Guys
Muhle/MdC Mondays are a pleasant change of pace. I will miss it next week and Tallow-Tabac Tuesdays because Kathy and I are traveling to North Carolina to visit family. I will take mostly my SWS kit and a couple brushes on the trip. I am not as brave as @LJBraaten so I will take an extra blade for backup. In our younger days, we would drive 15 hours straight. With 2 four legged kids (our puppy dogs) we are going to make it a two day drive.

The Bath & Body Works lavender lotion was a surprisingly good discovery. My skin was amazingly smooth, relaxed and comfortable. The lavender lotion is moving to the shaving den for future use.
The Rocca razor is a beauty. The brush pampers my face. I put a dribble of bloom water on the soap for about 15 seconds and the scent was immediately enjoyable.
I am not sure if I will shave tomorrow morning so fellow Tuesday Tallow-Tabac guys enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom