What's new

Mr Bingle's 2018 Reindeer&Sleigh Gift Exchange

I figure I have to respond as the Georgia chapter president of ARSE (Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts). It hit 30 degrees in the Atlanta area last night. Where I come from, that’s bitter cold!
Up here in the Great Northeast, today we're in the 20's and received 4" of snow overnight/daytime with winds gusting to 35mph!!

I'm told that November snow is caused by those who put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving Day!!
NotEvenThanksgivingDay.jpg

I'm told that November snow is caused by those who put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving Day!!

I believe it! I ran an impromptu survey from the cube farm the other week and I believe the final tally was 10-3 with After Thanksgiving dominating the After December 1st group. However, there was one monster who voted After Halloween.

F1405E3D-8930-47FF-BA5C-0C0B72057C8E.jpeg

I believe it! I ran an impromptu survey from the cube farm the other week and I believe the final tally was 10-3 with After Thanksgiving dominating the After December 1st group. However, there was one monster who voted After Halloween.

View attachment 928408
I love Thanksgiving and we always have a house full!!

Speaking of going from Halloween right into Christmas, the local Walmart up here took down the leftover Halloween candy and put up the Christmas candy so fast, that I missed out on any discounts that could have been had!! Now I'm stuck buying firsts instead of leftovers!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Here in this part of the world it is the last few weeks of Spring. We are forecast 27 degrees celsius which I think equates to around 80 degrees fahrenheit. Should be a great day. Never ever seen a white Christmas. What am I missing?

Wh
Here in this part of the world it is the last few weeks of Spring. We are forecast 27 degrees celsius which I think equates to around 80 degrees fahrenheit. Should be a great day. Never ever seen a white Christmas. What am I missing?
White Christmas is the best. There’s something about having a fire burning in the fireplace, the tree glowing, putting on warm pajamas and drinking hot cocoa while seeing the moonlight reflecting off the snow. It was an awesome thing when I grew up in a cold climate and experienced that. Most of my adult life has been in warmer climates so my kids have only seen a white Christmas a couple of times. It’s awesome when it happens!

White Christmas is the best. There’s something about having a fire burning in the fireplace, the tree glowing, putting on warm pajamas and drinking hot cocoa while seeing the moonlight reflecting off the snow. It was an awesome thing when I grew up in a cold climate and experienced that. Most of my adult life has been in warmer climates so my kids have only seen a white Christmas a couple of times. It’s awesome when it happens!
+1 and then some!! I've had mostly white Christmases and love each of the changing seasons!! My oldest son and his wife have move south but they come up in January (so we have a Family Christmas when they're here).

The cold weather adds a special layer to Christmas; the snow covers things up creating an amazing background for the lights and decorations; having grown up in the cold climate, a white Christmas just "feels" right!! After a snow storm (with a bit of ice in it), it's difficult to describe how beautiful the sun looks glistening thru the trees and across the snow.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
We have the same temperature here to day as yesterday. Most Christmases we regularly have the old 100 degree mark. Hot, hot and hot.

I am in, at least I hope I am. I understand if I am too late as the initial post said that 11/18/2018 at midnight is the deadline. This is one of those time where I am not 100% sure what you meant and am hoping that it works out in my favor.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am in, at least I hope I am. I understand if I am too late as the initial post said that 11/18/2018 at midnight is the deadline. This is one of those time where I am not 100% sure what you meant and am hoping that it works out in my favor.
I am sure your in time, I am sure you'll be fine. I'll send this Jingle to Mr Bingle.

So if the deadline is Midnight tonight, then will buddy names be sent out tomorrow?
The signup deadline was the 18th. I set the Elfster deadlines, so that everyone has a chance to get their Elfster account settled up before the draw.

I just signed up and sent in the information. Hope I’m not too late to the party. I looked through last years thread and it looked like a ton of fun.

Top Bottom