What's new

Moustache Wax Causing Pimples

Hello, I have been growing my first moustache without a beard. I am just over a month in and am beginning to require wax. I was able to find some made locally, which is a mixture of Beeswax and Jojoba oil.

The problem I have found is that it causes pimples, usually starting that same day before I wash it out at night. Also, my moustache gets flaky during the day, even after melting the wax in using a blowdrier after application. Needless to say, I have set it aside and the problem has gone away.

Does anyone have a suggestion, perhaps for a different product? I am nearly 40 years old, but dealt with pimples when I was younger, and still get the occasional one.

Firehouse is a good brand. You can google the name for their website, which will also list retailers that carry it.

Thanks Pepin, I have heard of Firehouse from many different sources. I think I will give their wax a try.

I feel that I need to update this thread, in the hope of offering help to those who have experienced similar problems. I have been using the Firehouse Tacky wax for a few weeks now. The change in wax has helped greatly, along with deligence in washing it out every night. If I skip this step I still develop blemishes.

Because of my oily skin, in addition to the new wax I continue to use Noxema cream face wash, Noxema anti-blemish pads, (Salicilic acid) and an alcohol aftershave, (Proraso). Furthermore, switching exclusively to a straight razor has eliminated ingrown hairs. Best of luck in your shaving.

Top Bottom