What's new

Most Pungent, interesting or otherwise foul smelling soaps

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I wanted to buy Tabac but before buying i took a sniff of a Tabac refill puck and it smelled horrible to my nose. I know that with water and creating a lather the scent will differ but i really dont want to take the risk. It smelled horrible to me!
The best scented soap i have is the Goodfellas smile Abysso soap, but even this is not aquatic/citrussy enough for me.
Also the Rasozero Agrumella soap is totally not citrussy for me, i am giving up on finding a good citrus soap :concern:
Tabac smells to me just like my mother's handbag when I was a kid much more so than Proraso Sandalwood. I found Agrumella smelled like a lemon floor cleaner. If you want a good citrus scent try RR Don Marco, it has an orange scent and is one of my favourites

There are, apparently as mentioned here at B&B in other posts, some Southern Witchcrafts scents that are touted as smelling of mildew and dirt. I can't imagine it could get much worse than that.

From their site:
Necromantic: Wisteria, rose, honey, red wine, dirt, ozone
I have a sample of this and rather fell in love with it. I don't get the dirt or ozone at all.

SWMBO does not like the more stinky things like B&M Fern or Stirling Sharp Dressed Man, Executive Man, or Mountain Man. So those samples got given to a friend.

I like most of my soaps and have never really bought anything I didn't think I'd like.
However, aftershave is a bit different. I tried Myrsol Metilsol and it made me think of the scent of my home town veterinarian's office.
But this isn't a nasty aftershave topic so it doesn't really count.

1) Tabac. Really didn't like it the first time I smelled it, but it quickly became a favorite.
2) Nordic Shaving Co. Pine Tar - made by the same person who created the Razer Master soaps. I can't say it's a favorite, but after you get through that first terrible experience and start using the soap, you'll find yourself opening the lid and smelling it from time to time.

That KaliFlower Organics seems to also be an interesting soap. Added to the list.
I have the KaliFlower Organics Pine Tar, not my style. Will have to put it up on a PIF when I get back at the end of the month.

Stirling soaps Glastonbury... imagine what Austin Powers smells like turned up to 11. My nephew has avoided me >8 hours after my shave... yet I like the stuff. Definitely pick and chose when it's a good time to use.

BTW
Scent Description

Based on a customer request and inspired by a music festival in the UK, this is a spa-like blend of Patchouli, Lavender, Oakmoss, Lichen, Frankincense, and Vetiver. A gloriously earthy scent. For those who don’t mind Patchouli, this soap will put you in the middle of a field with a soft, grassy breeze blowing while Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page engage in an epic guitar battle in the background. Grab a blanket, have a seat on the ground, and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom